1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who should be the starting QB from here on out?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Eric Riley, Oct 20, 2013.

?

Who should be the starting QB for the rest of the season?

1. Matt Schaub

6 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. Case Keenum

260 vote(s)
    95.9%
  3. Other (TJ Yates/Vince Young/Sage Rosencopter)

5 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Regrettably too.

Let Case start. Doesn't matter until Luck retires.

Case better not just be 'pretty damn good'. He needs to be special or we'll just be playing second fiddle all over again.

Sigh...

1 person likes this.
  2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I picked Keenum, but I should have picked Schaub. I want there to be no doubt in Mcnair's mind that Kubiak and Schaub are NOT the answer.

3. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Schaub will play out the rest of this season unless injured.
    Then hopefully Kubes is fired and the new coach makes Schaub earn his starting role in training camp, in which he will lose out to Case.
    Or Schaub gets cut or traded like Alex Smith.

4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

If Case isn't our starter for the rest of the season, Kubiak is legitimately a ****ing idiot.

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Whatever. I'm sorry I think a veteran who has been a top 10 QB statistically every single season and has won us countless games may give us a better chance then an unproven, underrated player. I can respect people who think Keenum should continue to start, considering how well he played and how many exciting plays he made over the game, and many consider this season all but lost. I think he played a hell of a game and think he can be our QB of the future. But going forward this season, suggesting Schaub should start is not worthy of only "WTF, are you serious?!? Keenum is MOBILE!" responses it does. There is a reason Kubiak and the coaching staff will probably start Schaub, and its not because they are loyal, conservative, and stupid as many anti-Schaub circle-jerkers would have you believe.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You are a great troll. Props.

7. FearTheBeardJH

Schaub is better than Keenum. He should start. Case closed.

1 person likes this.
  8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

a bum off the street.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

If kubiak starts schaub for the rest of the season it only seals the inevitable of him being fired. So I want kubes to start schaub and end this 7 year schurrade on his own terms.

10. Rock It

Rock It Member

So what oelman44 is saying is we should start a qb who has thrown more td passes to the defense this season than his own team ....come one mannn what you see is what you get with Schaub he's an over rated over paid mediocre qb. Even if the texans don't make case the long term qb any qb that they draft in the first rnd will still come in and be better than Schaub. How nice is it to finally see our wr core be involved in the game. 5 passes were thrown for 20+ yards today Schaub has thrown 4 all season.

11. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Pretty sure Case won the starting spot after he ran to one side of the field and then back towards the middle to hit Andre for a 35+ yard gain. His first in 7 games I believe, which is unacceptable for a WR of his talent. Get the Oline straightened out, and once Case gets comfortable with the 1st team I can see a magical run happening. I'm not gonna ride of the season just yet. I still believe.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I think Keenum earned at least another start. He's not only more mobile than Schaub, he's got a better arm surprisingly enough.

1 person likes this.
  13. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Accuracy- Keenum
    Touch on the ball- Keenum
    Pocket presence- Keenum
    Mobility- Keenum
    Arm Strength- Keenum
    Finding open recievers- Keenum
    Leadership- Keenum
    Game Management- Keenum
    Playmaking ability- Keenum
    Speed- Keenum
    Salary- Schaub

Keenum has a slight edge over Schaub

1 person likes this.
  14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Keenum is much better than schaub which does not mean we dont need to be lookin for another qb in the future but for now, ill take the mobilty, arm and no int.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Amazing how in just one game, the Texans looked like a totally different team...imagine if they actually decided to bench Schaub before the Rams game, we may actually not feel so bad being 3-4 playing against the division leading Colts. Instead we are 2-5 and playing against the 5-2 Colts who have wins against: Seattle, Niners, and Broncos(considered the AFC favorite to win it all). Unbelievable that this team lost to the Bolts and the Fins...

I would actually love a Case vs Luck Matchup

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Their defense still wouldn't have been good enough to stop the Rams.

Special teams, defense, offense... they're all problems right now. You need at least one consistent/elite component to contend.

Texans have none.

17. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Because if it's the Chiefs' fans, it speaks volumes about Case's performance.

First off, if Graham didn't drop the ball we'd probably won; and then, the fumble play was 120% the fault of #57, he totally failed Case on that one. If he was able to get that opportunity to showcase his comeback kid skills at U of H, everyone in the country would be sucking his dck by now.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

From a purely team perspective, Case needs to be the starter. The season is lost. Schaub's time is over, if not for the rest of this season, then for next season and going forward. If there's any chance Case can be a really good QB in this league, then we need to see as much of him as possible the rest of the season. For better of for worse. We need to know what we have in him before we decide whether we'll spend an early pick on a QB or no in the 2014 draft. If Case can convince management that he can be the guy, then they might address other needs. And if he doesn't, or simply proves to be good but not great and they think they can get a true franchise QB in the draft then that's fine too. But we need to know.

The problem is that could directly conflict with Gary doing everything in his power to keep his job. It's definitely not out of the question that he could go back to Schaub, especially if Case inevitably encounters struggles that all rookie QBs go through.

I think Bob needs to force Kubiak's hand on this.

19. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Right on

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That's not even true. I'm not defending Schaub, but you don't have to make things up to make your point. There are enough legit criticims to draw from. 8 TD's, 4 pick 6's. It's not good, but it's not what you claim.