1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Market for Patrick Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketPowerNick, Oct 17, 2013.

1. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Good to know that you only hate LOFs and not Lin. Thanks for your clarification.

2. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Yes, I believe Bev practiced shooting 3s with his eyes closed and in the dark, so this is possible. I also believe Hakeem will un-retire and be a back-up for Rockets once he seems how terrible Dwight is executing the post moves he taught him.

3. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Challenge accepted.

Sign,
    Patrick Beverley

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

hahahah, then I would be extremely happy. it means rox will destroy everyone.:grin::grin::grin:

5. SunsRocketsfan

would you guys do a Lamarcus Aldridge trade for Pat Bev and Asik?

Blazers would get two young upcoming players.

Rockets would instantly be contenders with a big 3 of Harden, Howard, LMA
    Throw in Lin & Parsons as really good roll players would be able to compete with anyone.

6. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

I will do since we get a real all star level pf.

7. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I really detest this attitude of "Hey, this guy's good - let's trade him!!"

8. SunsRocketsfan

while i agree but no matter what you do you are always looking at ways to improve and get better. I think we are a good team now but we are still one piece away from truly contending. If you can get better and improve your team why wouldnt you take a look at trades? I'm sure Morey is constantly exploring ways on how to make this team better

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Check the post history of the person who started the thread, and it's not difficult to pinpoint the motivation behind it. As much as LOFs complain about the intentional Jeremy jabs (and there are definitely a good number of them, totally not denying that), I would argue that the preseason starting PG rotation has created a subgroup of LOFs that can best be described as Beverley Only Haters.

I highly doubt we'd be having this discussion if Bev played backup to anyone other than Lin.

10. langal

langal Contributing Member

I don't think it's bad to talk about the market value of any of our players (assets). I'm sure Morey thinks along the same lines all the time.

But yeah - with all the emo Lin/Bev stuff going on, it can be easy to doubt the motivations of any post.

11. kcd

kcd Member

Oh please with this BOH. Just because some fans prefer a player over another doesn't mean they hate them. Are Jones fans DMO haters and vice versa just because some prefer one from the other? If there were BOHs there would be a lot of hate on the other thread about made about Lin. You don't see any. You do see the Lin put down on this thread though.

12. KlutchQT

Feel free to put me on ignore. I'm not indulging your whining today. Have a nice one.

13. kcd

kcd Member

I just hate that if someone say something negative about a player they hate them. It's all over this site.

14. KlutchQT

I swear, this is my last post to you in this thread. I already know where it's going to go, because you have extremely selective reading and pick and choose what you want to absorb. I challenge you to find an instance where I said that saying something negative about Beverley or anybody else = hating that player. Don't worry, I'll wait.

I have my own criticisms of Beverley's game. And Jeremy's. And Harden's. And D-Mo's. And AB's. And Chandler's. So on and so forth. It certainly doesn't mean I dislike any of those guys.

Again, it is easy to view someone's post history. The OP does not post about anything other than Jeremy -- except recently, where every third post is about how and why Beverley should be traded and does not deserve to start. If every. single. post. I made on this forum was about Beverley and how he was so clearly superior to Lin and blah blah blah.... then I turned around and started a thread about the market for a Lin trade -- would you not question my motivation? You can answer that how you want, but I know you would, because you're the same person who lectured me for like 4 pages in the other thread and implied that I disliked Jeremy because I didn't speak up when someone took a cheap shot at him. Couple that with the fact that OP doesn't even know D-Mo's last name and just made up some randomness about Bev being unnecessary on the team b/c his game is identical to Canaan's -- I'm sorry, but it's transparent.

So no, I'm not talking about every instance where something negative is said about Beverley. Not even close. But there are those posters who intentionally take shots at Jeremy to piss off his fans, and you call them out all the time. I see you do it. At the same time, there are those posters who intentionally take shots at Beverley to piss off his fans, and it has increased dramatically since McHale began rotating the two of them.

The difference between you and me is that I can acknowledge that it goes both ways, and I've spoken up about it when it runs in Jeremy's direction as well.

Not sure how much more clear this can be, so please don't bother with any follow-up questions or mini-lectures. Again, if you don't like what I post, put me on ignore. I'm a big girl, and my feelings will not be hurt at all.

15. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

100% Untouchable: Harden, Howard
    99.99% Untouchable: Parsons

Everybody else will be on the block if it brings the right fit in for the team. Historically, Morey likes to stash PGs. Think of all the PGs we've mowed through... Alston, Brooks, Lowry, Dragic, Lin.

He drafted Canaan because he has a way above average outside shot (42% from college 3). If Canaan can improve his defense and decision making, he would be a great spark off the bench. He will have plenty of burn in the D League this year.

16. kcd

kcd Member

Ok my last post to you. I think you missunderstood, I wasn't criticizing you for not speaking up for Lin. I believe I said I don't care who anyone wants to defend. As a Lin fan yes I might defend him more just like you would defend Bev more as more of a Bev fan. What is ruining the discussion is the constant calling a person a x-only hater or x-only fan. That's what I was objecting to in your post.

17. hat1

hat1 Member

Good for us, bad for Blazers, not gonna happen.

IMO, Bev and Asik are just two over-hyped players.
    Bev is an abv avg bench player, and Asik is solid.
    Lamar is an elite player that's hard to be replaced.

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Please name a single bench PG right now that is better than Bev. On that note, I can name you at least 5 starters I feel is worse than Bev off the top of my head. As for Asik, name 10 starting centers that are better than Asik. Ball is in your court.

19. rokit

rokit Member

please do so...

20. KlutchQT

Wow @ Asik being overhyped.