1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Story Behind Your Pet (s)?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LardLad, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Landlord Landry

[​IMG]

these are/were my dobermans. Felsen, Kohlsen and Mila. All from the same litter.

Felsen and Mila(the two faced down) have passed since this photo. They were 7. Kohlsen is 9. He is at the end of the road. I don't care about man card. I'm gonna sob when I lose him.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Our 20+ year-old siamese cat, Cosby, has passed, of unknown reasons and what we think was just age (although we think it was something failing him). :( He's in a better place now. Here is a picture I posted a while back.

PLEASE LOVE YOUR PETS.
    Spoilered the other pets' stories. :eek:

Sorry about the NECRO-post... but... :( I feel a bit down for losing our companion of 10+ years. I don't think this thread has anything that is time-related... so it can be re-born whenever... that's just my opinion.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Sorry to hear your cat died SwoLy! I'm sure he lived like a king in the SwoLy household, it's not easy losing a pet, especially one that you've had for that amount of time....:(

On a sidenote, it's eerie to see some of our similarities, you had a cat named Cosby, and I've had a Rottweiler named Crosby, your cat was a Siamese ,and I've also had a Siamese cat named Midnight...:eek:...( ayy caramba!)

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

My cat is named, Cat. I ran out of creativity in naming her. She doesn't like cat food and exclusively eats chicken. She also likes to bite my fingers.

5. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

2 of my 3 cats are rubbing all up on my leg and biting my ankle b/c they are hungry. I've had a rough day at the office and usually I just yell at them to be patient. But after reading about Swoly's cat, I think i'll give them extra food today.

Stay strong Swoly.

6. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

My shar pei when he was a mere pup at 3-4 months.

[​IMG]

The name is Haru and we bought him in 05.

7. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

8. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

my employes think a lion raped my boxer

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your gato Swoly.

My cat's name is Lucy and I got her from the Humane Society 6 years ago. They weren't really sure about how old she was but guessed she was 3 so she is probably 9 now.
    Her name was Lucy already so I just stuck with it. I originally got her to be a mouser since I had a mouse problem at the time and she looked like she would be good. As it turns out she wasn't that good of a mouser, see the pic below, as she is a scardy cat and very needy. Her main talent is shedding and looking cute but she's won me over.
    [​IMG]

Funny story behind that pic. This was about 3 weeks after I got her and one night I hear her yowling and scampering downstairs so I go down and check and sure enough she's flushed out a mouse. I was thinking she would rip the mouse apart and there would be mouse guts and fur all over the place. Instead she gets confused by the mouse since the mouse would run and then stop and every time it stopped she would stop and look around and then look at me. The mouse seemed to figure this out and at one point ran under her and stopped. She looked around confused even though I could see the mouse tail sticking out from between her legs. Finally I took a cup and trapped the mouse myself.

2 people like this.
  10. Illegal Machine

My Danes. Delilah is a little over 4 years old. We just got Brutus, he's 5 1/2 months. Both from breeders here in town. "Companion" Danes, not show dogs. No interest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Illegal Machine

Shout out to this thread from 2010.

12. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

First dog that recently died was from SPCA - Lab mix
    Then I bought 2 German Shepherds that I have now (kind of hard to find pure breeds at the shelter)

Named them all after things in space: Comet, Rocket, Jet :)

13. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Really? I keep my tabs on animals that come into 2 specific shelters in Houston area. I see purebred German Shepherds in them all of the time. In fact, I'd say GSDs and Boxers, behind Pit Bulls and Chihuahuas, are the most common easily identifiable purebred I see. (Lot of labs but sometimes harder to identify as purebred). At any given time Harris County Shelter usually has about 1-3 GSDs, and those dogs only get 3 days, so that means a lot of GSDs come through their doors.

Not knocking you for your purchase, but I just want people to not be misinformed. You can find purebred dogs in shelters. 1/3 of dogs in shelters are purebred.