1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 12, 2013.

1. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I'm watching, and it's interesting, but the acting is pretty bad at times. I'm hoping the story starts to make up for it, but so far it just seems like they are getting their feet wet.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Just started watching this show today... holy **** that Chloe Bennet chick is so ****ing hnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

^^^ apparently her real name is Chloe Wang and she was a Chinese pop singer lol... dafuq? I guess I can see it now but on the show she looks hispanic if anything.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S96Yqzg6JHU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

She looks asian to me. I mean, maybe mixed with something -- but she definitely looks asian.

No one else watching this show at all? That was easily the best episode so far. There was some gore (I'm so glad, the G rated crap was driving me nuts), decent action, the plot wasn't predictable and had some great elements. All in all it has me excited for the rest of the reason, I'm still a bit skeptical but if the rest of the episodes are like this last one I'll be watching.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I like the show so far, but I certainly don't love it. Given that I've enjoyed all the Marvel movies, and all of Joss Whedon's work, I'm gonna give this one an extended chance.

At the moment there is no edge to this show whatsoever. I like the change from the constant foreboding atmosphere present in most shows, but this show will have to get it's hands dirty eventually to be any good. From the looks of next weeks episode they are gonna start playing out some angles instead of just hinting at them. The first 4 have effectively been completely isolated episodes, which certainly won't work long term.

And Chloe Bennet, schwing.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

It's a work in progress.

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Agree this episode was a step up. Still hoping for improvement.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I actually thought the episode yesterday was pretty bad, compared to the first few episodes.

I like this twist on the villain-of-the-week formula though - it's not all about just stopping the bad guy. I feel as though they should introduce another character - Fitz and Simmons are too alike (awkward, nerdy), and Melinda May seems to just be a male Agent Ward (loner, doesn't play well with others, appreciates no nonsense). Unless some serious character development is shown, that's essentially a total of 4 characters - Coulson, Skye, MayWard and FitzSimmons.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In Agents of SHIELD it looks like she's lightened her hair color while getting a tan so she looks lets Chinese.
    [​IMG]

As far as Hispanic there is a lot of overlap as far as features between Asians and Latin Americans. I am Chinese ethnically but when I was in Peru there were a lot of people who thought I was Peruvian.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The issue is the admixture of Native American genes. At 23andme, where they do "genetic heritage testing", they have difficulty separating the two, often listing one as the other.

In Peru, the Inca genes are a much larger portion of the pie than, say, the native genes in Argentina or Brazil. A ton of Peruvians still speak Inca languages as their first language and live in ways very similar to Incans when you get up off the coast and over the mountains, or at least they did 20 years ago.

11. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Yeah, I totally agree. Chloe Bennett sucks and I just stopped watching after midway through the 3rd episode.

The show is way to cheesy and why is Cobie Smulders not on the screen more damn it.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Ming-Na Wen is the only one who can actually act and her character is so limiting it wouldn't really matter if she couldn't.

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

the show is a meh to me. nothing special yet. i do agree that the acting is bad on some part.

the thing that keep me watching is the chloe bennet chick. so prettay

wonder if i should watch arrow since people are saying it's good. that it has more actions than AoS

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So far it is been ok
    Entertaining but nothing break out
    Joss's stuff usually takes time to find its footing so
    I will sit around and give it the season

It is not a BAD SHOW . . just not the best . . not yet anyway

Rocket River

15. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The show is very entertaining. It is essentially a CSI: Superheroes show. It is clearly not high-brow drama. I wish there was more humor in each episode. I like the scene where she gets into the van and has to adjust the seat in order to get away. These are the silly moments that make Joss Whedon's work good. I don't like that the individual watching the feed through the glasses could not see that it is a guy with white hands... How does he avoid looking at any reflection of himself? Besides that nitpicking, I really enjoyed the last episode.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

She's undercover as Aunt Robin on How I Met Your Mother. Coulson believes the "Mom" has ties to secrets that could ruin the Avengers.

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

so cobie made a cameo.

so tony stark didn't know how to make the extremis stable but two agents from SHIELD can? :confused:

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Ok, the lack of activity in this thread about sums up how exciting most of this series has been so far.

But this show has finally found it's footing. In retrospect the entire season has been building up to Captain America, and now that it is here the show is finally throwing things into motion. I had faith in Joss Whedon, he's really the only reason I've stuck around, and now I'm glad I did, the show is great right now.

I'm actually looking forward to the episodes now instead of just DVR and watch at leisure. Those of you that quit on it might wanna pick it up again, especially if you plan on seeing Captain America next weekend.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Thread falling back to page 10 in 5.... 4.... 3.... 2....

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Wrong. Coulson has a thing for women that play string instruments and he was trying to get her to break up Ted and the Mother.