1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[SI.com] Texans players Rip Houston Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 13, 2013.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Than what is the problem?

Did you not expect the pick 6 king to get some applause when he was taken out of the game? Fans pay a ton of money to watch these games. They drink lots of alcohol.They go to shotgun 30 in the yellow lot. Get pumped up by some large man who is about as motivating as William Wallace in Brave heart. Have you ever made a mistake before? Fans can do what they want.

The players have been terrible this year. I pay roughly 5,000$ a year on the Texans for PSL,food/beverages before and during game.

Alcohol/testosterone/football- Morals kind of get thrown out the window.

2. Lith

Lith New Member

Part of me agrees that it's not right to be cheering for injury.

Part of me thinks, why should the players care? They're making millions of dollars to play football.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I dont really care what the fans do or dont do...my whole issue is saying that it's okay to cheer because it was only a sprain or because he makes millions. The money factor is completely irrelevant...and nobody, at the time, had any idea what the injury was.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

How about adopting the rule that you don't cheer for injuries... I don't care what other circumstances there are, just don't do it.

And if/when you decide to go ahead and do it, don't be surprised to be called out by everybody... fans, players, national media, etc.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

#345 francis 4 prez, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

not a single one of you in the morality brigade have even remotely addressed my earlier points. funny.

:rolleyes:

7. tmacfor35

They fail to realize that they were cheering the QB change.

He did get hurt, they were cheering. But for the change. People can put two and two together.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Morality brigade? Ok, whatever.

Not sure what is worse... cheering when a player gets injured, or thinking there is sound justification for cheering when a player gets injured.

I don't even know what your earlier points were. Do they really matter?

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Whatever you want to believe to justify it... whatever.

There were certainly people cheering for the injury... hell, some have basically admitted it within this thread.

10. tmacfor35

So when Brian Cushing makes a big hit toward the head area, do you cheer? Or do you complain and say that the hit was morally unjust and is not correct to applause as it could have lead to head trauma?

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I don't cheer or root for a player to get injured. Nor do I cheer an injury even if I wanted said player to be out of the game for performance reasons.

Not sure why this is so hard to comprehend... certainly doesn't need a morality "brigade" or whatever you called it.

Just don't cheer an injury... even if it results in the most hated player on the planet being taken out of the game. Its not really a "negotiable" or "justifiable" action... not sure why its being prolonged or defended as much as it is.

I think everybody's ready to move on... except the people defending the action of the few idiot fans that day.

12. tmacfor35

NOBODY WAS CHEERING AN INJURY!!!! They were cheering a quarterback change! There is a difference. I was at the game, and the applause did not intensify until Schaub was being taken out of the game.

13. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Semantics, as far as the eye can see...

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There was applause when he was on the ground rolling around in pain, long before the switch (remember, Yates didn't start to warm up till after the trainers got out there.) Certainly wasn't the entire stadium, but certainly was more than a "smattering".

If you don't believe or acknowledge that, then there's not much more to discuss here.

15. kcarro

kcarro Member

The Texans as a team amaze me. The team plays like crap but focus has been that some fans cheered when Matt Schaub was injured. I admit cheering showed no class but if the team would start playing as their fans hoped they would this would not even be a story.
    How sad.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

All we were missing is Eric Winston in the post-game!

Before we start, I got something to say, alright. If this isn't posted in the paper, run on your thing, this is the last time you'll ever hear me talk to you. We are athletes, okay. We are athletes. We are not gladiators. This isn't the Roman Coliseum.

People pay their money, hard earned money to come in here and I believe they can boo, they can cheer, they can do whatever they want because I believe that. Hey, we are lucky to play this game. A game. To come in here, it's hard economic times and they still pay the money to do this okay but when somebody gets hurt, there are long lasting ramifications to the game we play. Long lasting ramifications to the game we play. I kinda already come to the understanding I won't live as long because I play this game and that's okay. That's the choice I've made. That's the choice all of us have made. But when you cheer somebody getting knocked out, I don't care who it is and it just so happened to be Matt Schaub, it's sickening. It's 100% sickening. I've never ever and I've been in some rough times on some rough teams, I've never been more embarrassed in my life to play football than in that moment right there. And I get emotional about it because these guys, they work their butts off. Matt Schaub hasn't done anything to you people. Hasn't done anything to you people. Hasn't done anything to the media writers that kill him. Hasn't done anything wrong to the people that come out here and cheer him. Hey, if he's not the best quarterback, he's not the best quarterback and that's okay but he's a person. And he got knocked out in a game and we got 70,000 people cheering that he got knocked out. Boo him all you want. Boo me all you want. Throw me under the bus. Tell me I'm doing a bad job. Say I gotta protect him more. Do whatever you want. Say whatever you want. But if you were one of those people, one of those people that were out there cheering or even smiled when he got knocked out, I just want to let you know and I want everybody to know I think it's sickening and disgusting. We are not gladiators and this is not the Roman Coliseum. This is a game. And I'll sit here and I'll answer all your questions for the next thirty minutes if you want to ask 'em. I'll take all the responsibility you want me to take because I deserve it. If you want to blame, blame me but don't blame a guy and cheer for a guy who has done everything in his power to play as good as he can for the fans. It's sickening and I was embarrassed. I want every single one of you people to put that on your station, to put that in your newspapers because I want every fan to know that. This is a game that's gonna cost us a lot down the road. That's okay, we picked it, we deserve it, I don't want your pity. But we got a lot of problems as a society if people think that that's okay.

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

You are cheering and a fan of a sport that causes significant long term damage to many of its players. The sport - by it's very nature - is intrinsically dangerous and causes serious long term health problems.

Get over yourself.... You're no better than those idiotic fans.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Still not the one cheering for injuries, bud... nor will I be cheering if JJ Watt and Cushing get diagnosed with traumatic brain encephalitis in 40 years.

19. Grinds

Grinds Member

Don't condone the cheering, but glad it happened. Texans need whatever it takes for McNair to realize Schaubiak isn't he answer. I hope fans continue to show their dissatisfaction with the situation. It's a shame things have come down to this but it's not my fault. McNair's loyalty has the Texans outside looking in when things should be completely opposite. He needs it driven into his head over and over that major changes need to be made.

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

When he gets penalized, I scream at him for being such a dumbass.