1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

World Cup 2014 Qualifying - CONCACAF Final Round

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Feb 4, 2013.

1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

the All Blacks are only the rugby team, the soccer team is called: All Whites.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I'm getting bombarded with jokes and crazy pictures from tonight's outcome... :grin:

One of the better ones:
    [​IMG]

^ Mexico speaking, of course

3. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I don't even know what to say about chicharito....really disappointing

4. SwoLy-D

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Lol. Like that last one

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

pointing at Mexico: :grin:

[​IMG]

7. SwoLy-D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (large picture)

You know... what the alien toys say to Potato Head.

:(

8. DwightHoward13

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

9. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Mexico vs. New Zealand will be a 2-game series with the team who scores the most goals after 180 minutes win the series. If its tied, The 1st tie breaker is whoever has more away-goals. If the 2 teams still tied and have the same away-goals, then it will go to overtime and if necessary, penalty kicks.

It's the same the format as the MLS Cup Playoffs and UEFA Champions League knockout stages. I think it's important Mexico should host the 2nd game because just in case if this goes into extra time and PK shootout.

10. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

per SI.com:

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good info, thanks.

Gonna be tough, but what drama.

DD

12. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

People on the US team want to go. There were only a few US players that are have already earned a spot on the final roster last night, the rest were trying to show that they deserve a spot. Guys like Brad Davis are in the discussion but probably won't go unless there are injuries keeping other guys out. Those guys know they have to prove themselves to stay in the mix and possibly move ahead of another player.

Nobody is going to go out there and half ass it and throw away their chance at a World Cup just to spite another country.

13. DaDakota

Exactly - and tonight for me, I think Johansson makes it, as does Zusi - both as subs....and possibly Mix as well.

DD

14. Indaface

Indaface Member

Second leg in NZ is very scary. With NZ's ability to bunker and Mexico's inability to score I'd put quite a bit of money on the game being 0-0 going back to NZ.

NZ will have to open up a bit at home but I think Mexico still takes it. If anything happens to Oribe between now and then Mexico is done for. Cheech is the Matt Schaub of the Mexico team.

15. DaDakota

Cheech needs someone else to take pressure off of him, he is not an on the ball star, he is an off the ball star, where he works in space while everyone else is ball watching to get clearance.

If he is the main focus, he is just not that type of player.

DD

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm conflicted. On one hand, I'm glad the US won on another great comeback and that there is a sense of urgency with the players who aren't essentially guaranteed spots for Brazil. On the other hand, we gave mexico an opportunity to make the tournament. Based on their play and attitudes, by far the must undeserving team in the region right now. There is a part of me that would have liked to see mexico not qualify based on their play and not for cheating.

If they make it, fine. I'll be pulling for New Zealand, though.

17. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

LOL @ Mexico backdooring their way into WC2014...They are in. NZ is garbage. Mexico won't lose to NZ in home/away agg goal

18. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

19. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Every spanish speaking non-mexican is cheering against Mexico. The spanish speaking non-mexican demographic is tired of hearing about Mexico's greatness.

20. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I've seen a few comments similar to this and just don't understand it. It's not like Panama are world beaters and got the shaft. They only managed to get 8 points out of 10 games and had a -4 goal differential. They were minutes away from getting a point in Mexico and gave up a late goal, and gave up a lead twice to the US B-team at home.