1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin needs to be the sixth man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iam, Oct 9, 2013.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Sounds like you need to fund and start your own forum.

2. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

What you said is totally unrelated to anything we discuss here. I am just giving some suggestions.

Back to the opinion about some forum modding practices.

This is the largest and best Houston fan site, nothing against that and kudos to the work Clutch and clutch crew put in over the years to make this happen. It ain't easy just like any kind of achievement you might accomplish in life.

But it is also important that we as forum posters to give suggestions from time to time. I am not in favor of the attitude of "nobody should ever question what Cluch do". It is not healthy IMO. Things can always improve even if they are not bad right now.

If a topic is under heavy debate, make it so and don't keep biased topic, this apply to any controversial topics.

3. Rhodium

Rhodium Member

what has been merged and how?

4. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Yes, what you said. Although forum members need to move on from a point that's been posted (whether received well or not by other members) and cut down on the incessant back-n-forth. I don't need to read 100 posts of the same thing/idea/argument/etc..

5. Play07

Play07 Member

put it like this Lin can go too many teams in the NBA, start & run their offense & help them win more games than what they did last season

Beverley can't do that, & would end up being a back up pg if not 3rd in the rotation on most teams. He just happens to fit good with the rockets because we have a SG playing pg that Mchale allows to do whatever he want and is ok with the pg being a spot up shooter.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don't see how the title is negative, it's a guys opinion. Nor do I see how it remotely even matters. Morey or McHale aren't going see the title of some thread on clutchfans and say "you know what, he's right and it's all because of the title of that thread". Jesus

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is a privately owned forum, not the government or country. There is no freedom of speech beyond what the mods allow and don't allow and quite frankly, LOF's are piss poor for this forum IMO. I personally wouldn't mind if Clutch just banned all those garbage. If you want things ran differently, either tip and provide feedback through the proper channels or start your own forum.

8. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Such an ugly statement, but u know what, you are right, that's how this forum is operating anyway. However the net is a public space. It's like those kids posting on their facebook crazy stuff thinking it's their private dairy. The lines are blur in that aspect. It reflects back on you.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The internet is NOT a free place, but that is another discussion for another time. You have an issue with how the forum is ran, provide feedback through the proper channels or find another fan site to participate in. Calling Clutch and the mods underhanded in a post because they moderate their own site the way THEY chose to do so because he doesn't like it is just dumb. Don't like it, provide proper feedback or GTFO.

10. Grace33

Grace33 Member

Please...
    He just expressed his openion and didn't call anyone underhanded.
    Anyway, I respect the Clutch and the rule he sets since this is his site. You are the Boss!! :)

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is not a public space. CF belongs to somebody. Somebody is paying to keep a 221-page "Fire McHale" thread, among other things, on an ISP. The person who is paying for that has actually talked to the Rockets players and coaches. Still, he pays to publish the opinions of less-informed fans AND the criticism of himself by people who have not donated any money to the site. I have not donated money here yet, but I am glad to be a member. People who want stuff given to them (yes, maintaining CF costs money) should not look a gift horse in the mouth.

1 person likes this.
  12. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

People bashing Clutch and the Crew again? Real smart. Real smart.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

This is what I mean by the fraction of Lin fans that are psychotic. They run their own narrative, taking absolutely normal actions and twisting them to their means. A simple action of merging similar threads is being used as a prop to illustrate we are biased against Jeremy Lin. Un-be-lievable.

I didn't merge the thread, but for the mod who did, it is absolutely normal behavior to do so. I probably would have merged it with this thread, but it wasn't as recently active and there's not much of a difference. You guys actually claim that two different opinions on the same topic shouldn't be in the same thread?!? Are you kidding? It's the same topic. Have you ever had a discussion about a topic on a message board in your life?

I can't believe Lin fans are complaining that there aren't enough Lin threads on the board. And the thread title is insulting to Jeremy? I mean ... really? Too much, man. This is just too much.

If you're actually interested in "improving" the board, then drop me an email about what you're looking for. I'm always fine with a respectful conversation. But newsflash: No one is going to help you ever if all you do is blast them publicly -- especially when your claims are as ludicrous as this one.

14. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

What's wrong with bashing Clutch? Kinda tubby, has that stupid grin on his face all the time, and hitting people with cakes practically every game. I say if he can dish it out, he should be able to take it.

15. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Not as funny when he posts right above me. If he had any consideration at all he would have waited until I finished typing, but nooo.

16. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

They'll get pissed about anything that has to do with Lin. Now they're complaining to the forum owner about how Lin threads are merged. lol, just lol. This **** is crazy.

17. rocketblood713

So Lin fans are having complaints of threads being merged .....LOL of course who else would be upset about nothing!

18. rocketblood713

Even IF Lin does come off the bench he and Howard will still be playing on the court together

19. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

As a Lin fan, LOFS like you have taught me to understand how everyday muslims must feel, everytime they watch terrorists bomb innocent people in the name of their God.

So thank you, for teaching me to be a more tolerant human being.

:)

20. dje243

dje243 Member

Is anyone really surprised by this?