1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Look how much McHale hates Jeremy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Oct 13, 2013.

Tags:
  1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

why would he do this in the US anyway?

2. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

That's beside the point. McHale didn't have to insert Lin back in for a ceremonious checkout but he chose to because he understood what it meant for both Lin and Taiwan to have Lin play a game in his parents' native country. Might have been meaningless for those of us watching in the States, but it meant something to the fans in that arena. That is the only thing that matters.

3. ada32

ada32 Member

So, I am going to put words in your mouth. So, David Stern saw that hate and fined Spurs $250,000.00 for that action!

j/k :):):)

4. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

5. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Tinman, please have a holiday in taiwan. :cool:

6. allaroundplayer

Yes, but the only reason they were in Taiwan was because of Lin. That whole country is crazy for Lin of course because of Linsanity.

You don't think it is reasonable to change your game plan accordingly considering all of that & allow him to have more of a showcase other than running the first play of the game for him???????

Also, if you were his teammate don't think you would defer to him in this game out of courtesy and respect??????? Something, like I posted, which I didn't feel Harden did one bit.

I noticed Beverley did not try to show up Lin by coming in & taking a lot of shots & taking his minutes so that was classy.

Lin only took 8 shots & 2 fts in 35 minutes. He was clearly feeling it and hot, so there is no reason why he should not have took double those attempts to score 25-30, but he couldn't because Harden's shot attempts were the same rate as any other game: 29 minutes 5-12 fgs & 8-9 fts (20 shots).

Whoever reads this who agrees & doesn't post, you're a coward who is afraid of being labeled LOF or being attacked by HOF.

1 person likes this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol wow. One of the funnier posts I have seen in a while. Keep up the good work

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Believe me I am afraid of nothing. Special circumstances. But yes the Rockets organization showed class. And by the way, the Rockets were in Asia in general and Taiwan in particular because a significant amount of the NBA's revenue comes from Asia. And don't go all postal with red text in the near future. It becomes tiresome quickly.

9. Grace33

Grace33 Member

Please clam down. :cool:
    The Rockets gave us a great game and we all enjoyed it a lot.
    After all, this was a preseason game of Rockets VS. Pacers, not just a Jlin show. Jlin performed well in that game and no need of him to win all that limelight coz the focus was aleady all on him.
    The all arena was packed and the energy was great and I am sure all players wanted to perform well in front of them. :)

10. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Volvo's new commercial!

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

NBA preseason isn't the drew league, We only have 4 games to tweak the roster with a lot of uncertainies with the PG, PF, as well as bench. Lin knows that, every intelligent NBA fans know that, but apparently some thick headed people just can't get over why Lin didn't drop 30 in a preseason game.

12. lfw

lfw Rookie

Funny you say this! The other day, I was walking to the store to get some milk and I was thinking to myself this exact same thing!! At first, I was more curious how the Rockets could do this Lin but as world faded away around me as I drifted more and more deep in thought, this itch in mind start continue to fester. How could they do this? A mere ceremonial exit for Lin? Where was the f'ing parade? And the midgets? Nobody thought about the midgets?!? I got so mad I worked up a good sweat. Clearly, I was disgusted. I was so caught up in the moment that I walked 3 blocks past the store!

But then I remembered. It's preseason and the Rockets are trying to prepare to win a championship so they need to work on some things in order to get ready for the season. Crazy, right? Got all worked up for nothing. Damn, I slept good that night.

13. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Wow! Did we not watch the same game?! I thought Jeremy Lin did a great job of
    SHOWCASING himself, he was aggressive & had great energy. If anything I thought Harden was more subdued than usual, although he could've cut back on the isos. Beverley has always played very well within himself so his not taking a lot of shots is not indicative of anything toward Lin. Also, most of 3rd quarter was the guards (both Harden & Lin) experimenting with throwing Dwight the ball down low that stagnated the offense. Should we blame Dwight for this? For messing up the game flow? Of course not, we're still experimenting.

I thought Lin had a perfect game up till the 3rd quarter (which was still perfecting fine, but I would've taken him out earlier cause he was fatigued). Never would I have expected someone to complained that he could've done more. And to put this on his teammates is just beyond ridiculous. Geezus, talk about unreasonable expectations for Lin & just weird resentment of Harden.

14. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

great thread. no, really.

there's a lot of passion on this board. we must remember that first and foremost, this is a business; and the business is for us (or behooves) us to win. If McHale believes that Lin coming off the bench gives the team the best chance to win, then let it be.

15. rocketblood713

at first didn't think McHale was serious with Lin coming off the bench but now I see why he might be thinking about PB is a defensive pest and with D12 on the back it can be real nice ...im for whatever Lin fans say Lin is better with the ball coming off the bench they get what they want PB gets in the grill of people and u let Harden Parsons and D12 do what they do!

16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

but kobe and D.Rose still sell more over in asia.

and there's HOFs here? I've honestly never heard of a HOF. I'd understand of a DOF popped up, but i have never seen or heard of a HOF.

but whatever it is you're smoking, let everyone else know cause apparently its pretty good.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

18. deedee82

deedee82 Member

Certainly has the potential :grin:

19. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

That makes total sense. There's no way the NBA would play a game in Taiwan if it wasn't for Jeremy Lin and Linsanity.

Since that's the case, I was wondering if you could help me understand how Lin is responsible for the Pacers and Nuggets playing in Taiwan in 2009.
    Was it because the Taiwanese people were excited that a Taiwanese American had made first team All-Ivy league?

1 person likes this.
  20. allaroundplayer

Please, just answer these questions (yes or no). The first one I asked in my last my post:

1. Considering the location of the game & circumstances, if you were his teammate, would you "get out of his way" so to speak to let him "shine" to the degree which he was capable of & please the crowd. (That is my argument. If 17 points is a great game for him, there is nothing to discuss, but we know he has scored 30+ points many times in the NBA). Yes, I know you could give a standard answer about how to play, but I am thinking more about unwritten etiquette.

2. Did that happen?

That is all.