1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin needs to be the sixth man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iam, Oct 9, 2013.

1. initiatoL

initiatoL Member

Has nothing to do whether you are a Lin fan or a Beverley fan or a Harden fan. Absolutely nothing to do with it.

2. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

Meanwhile quite a few Howard struggling threads not merged. Quite a few Casspi threads not merged. I am not saying they should be merged as well, but this clearly showed some bias.

Look, if you want to merge threads in a decent way, you can create a new thread titled "Debate on JLin starting or being 6th man" and merge both thread in that.

Or just change the original title to something more neutral, if you can merge thread, sure you can change thread title. If you can't, just do the proper merge like I suggested in last paragraph.

3. hbomb

hbomb Member

All we need is a nice table of pros vs cons for Lin as a starter and pros vs cons for Lin as 6th man (bench player).

4. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I do agree that Lin defers a little too much still- but he's a point guard and at the end of the day I would rather see him get 15 assists over 15 points any day. But the people who want Lin to come off the bench are using flawed logic. Doesn't Harden demand the ball a lot and isn't he going to hoist a lot of shot attempts? This inevitably takes shots away from Dwight and Chandler (and Lin). Maybe Harden should play the same role he had in OKC where he gives us the best bench in the league any provides Hardensanity with the second squad. Meanwhile Lin feeds Howard with gorgeous PnR's and sets up Chandler for a ton of 3's like he used to set up Novak. Sound good?

OF COURSE NOT!

You start your best 5, period. It doesn't mean they play the whole game together, so Jeremy can get plenty of run with our second squad too. Bu it gives us the best chance to build up a lead and hopefully blow more teams out this year. Thus resting our stars a little more.

5. dream1222

dream1222 Member

wow, are you kidding?

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

then don't

7. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

sad, but i am not surprised.

8. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Regardless which side of the fence you stand on, there is no reason for 2 threads that basically argue on the same issue. People will just cross post, a waste of resource and for anyone who wants to continue with the argument, they need to read 2 threads.

I like Lin and hopes he does well. Starting or not is not as important as who finishes in a tight game, IMHO. If Lin is who he claims to be and he is playing for God (disclosure, I'm not religious) and being a good team player, he won't have a problem either way and he'll excel.

If the lineup doesn't work, I have confidence that McHale will adjust it, so let's just let it play out. I do hope McHale will have a longer leash and give the players time to adjust to each other.

9. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Lin for 6th man of the year

10. Caris

Caris Member

If the contents are merged, I think the titles should be merged as well.
    I DON'T think Lin needs to be the sixth man.

The current title is quite negative. It could be ' does Lin have to be a sixth man or not?'

11. Grace33

Grace33 Member

But I want to see DH & Lin combo as well. The Dream said it will be deadly. Why not give it a try. Did not see too much during their practices or preseason games.
    Pls Mchale, make it happen!! *\(^o^)/*

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

Do you have a link for where the dream said it would be deadly?

13. dianelo

dianelo Member

14. Exel

Exel Member

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

16. Caris

Caris Member

by negative - I meant biased... need more sleep...

17. Grace33

Grace33 Member

I saw the preseason game in Taiwan. I thought the 2 unit was running just fine with PB as well. And actually thanks to them we extend the lead.:)

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

LOFs are complaining their topic got merged into this topic with the 6th man title? Lol

19. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

agreed as well

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL. Bye.