1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's probably one of the most ignorant things ever said on this board.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You are a garbage human being.

GTFO

3. mazinger

mazinger Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpuRcmPnSTM

**** off LOFer

4. gengar

gengar Member

What the hell?

For stating what seemed to be likely to be true? Of course I don't know if it would have actually happened or not, but the circumstances seem to make it seem so. Last season, the team was on a heavy losing streak. Reports told us that locker room mood was terrible, and speculations arised that Morey was on the brink of letting Morey go. The players seemed to have lost interest in the coach's plays and chaos was on the brink of ensuing.

Yes, it's horrible that he lost his daughter. Do I want anyone to die? Hell no. I'm only trying to be logical, and say that, perhaps Morey didn't want negative public media on being the GM that fired the coach after his daughter died. I'm not saying that was THE reason why nothing happened.

I'm only entertaining the possibility that it was a totally valid possibility, and I can believe it because I knew what happened to the team during the losing streak

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It is nice to see (sarcasm) that CF posters continue to set new depths to which they can sink.

6. gengar

gengar Member

And there were other comments from different posters who speculated on that possibility as well. Check the forum posts from last season

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

GTFO!!!

8. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I doubt they were well received either. To take a premise (McHale should be fired!) that is already largely disagreed with, and then say "Well, he would have been if not for that darn personal tragedy" is neither well reasoned nor wise.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Talk about making things up.

McHale took leave early in the season, when games have barely even been played yet.

The Rockets were 2 wins and 3 losses into the season, in a 3 game losing streak, before McHale left.

Are you really that idiotic that you think Morey and Les would fire a coach after 5 games when he gave him a completely different and inexperienced roster to work with?

10. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

This comment is beyond asinine.

11. gengar

gengar Member

From Jan. 9th to Jan. 23, Rockets went 8 losses and 1 win (against the worst team in the league). And the post-interview of that win against the Bobcats, was where Harden felt like he "won the championship"

Not to mention, inside source on CF told us forumers that Morey was not happy about how Mchale was running things. There was a definite tension, especially during the consecutive loss streak

12. Mitchmantc

Mitchmantc Member

Pretty Ghastly there Gengar.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

And what record did the Rockets end up with?

Do you think Morey is really that shortsighted that he would fire a coach, after giving him a completely new and turned over roster consisting of nothing but inexperienced and high potential players?

McHale was never at any point close to being fired. They are not always on the same page on everything, but that occurs for every single coach and GM in the league.

14. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Surprised he hasn't been banned yet.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

why was what gengar said awful? HE is stating his opinion that management stuck with McHale out of sympathy. I don't agree but don't find the comment awful.

16. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I never, at any point last season, thought McHale was even close to being fired. The thought never even crossed my mind that he would actually ever be fired.

That comment about his daughter's death saving his career was just weird, grim, and baseless.

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You are pure trash.

Just a garbage human being.

18. gengar

gengar Member

That's irrelevant. It's about the circumstances around the loss streak we're talking about. We're talking about the time period BEFORE the Rockets recovered from the sour mood, whether Mchale was getting close to being fired or not.

The season was well over half. If we had a good coach, I highly doubt we woulda went 8 loss-1win. No one knows if Morey was that really shortsighted, but it seemed like it might have happened if you look at the circumstances.

That's your opinion. My opinion is that he was close, but I'm not trying to force down my opinion down your throat like you are trying to do to me. If you don't believe me, look at some older posts on this forum by other posters.

19. gengar

gengar Member

LOL I love how you take this opportunity to bash me, just because you hate me outside of this thread. Nice one man, keep it classy like always

20. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

It was a bad taste to bring that argument up but the poster did said he was sorry to said that up front in that post.

McHale's performance last wasn't great, Rockets could have won a few more games to get a better seeding, but wasn't to the level of needing immediate termination either.

Now the thing is, last year's roster isn't attractive for a great coach, but this year's roster is upgraded, and might attract grate coaches. If we don't at least get to second round, I can see that McHale might be replaced, but probably only after this season.