1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

None of this is attrituble to McHale. Sorry.

2. Apache

Apache Member

Don't fire Mchale. Let him coach the rockets. In 2 years Lin be gone, free agent.

3. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

haha so the players performance has nothing to do with McHale? a young team over-achieving expectations has nothing to do with the coach.

Houston is the NBA’s youngest team with an average age of 24.9 years and opened the season as the most inexperienced NBA team in the shot-clock era, based on minutes played.

^^^but remember guys this has nothing to do with coaching. Some peoples basketball I.Q amazes me.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You're going to have to back that up. Player improvement shows that the coach knows how to better utilize the talents they possess. You are reaching big time here.

1 person likes this.
  5. cw3k

cw3k Member

Base on your logic, Mike Brown is the best coach in the history of NBA. He took a player with only 2 years of NBA experiences to the final. He held the best Cav record and one of the best NBA record. He got the team into the player every year.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let me cut to the chase:

Lin fans want McHale fired because Lin didn't start a preseason game in the phillipines.

7. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

well first off it wasn't till Lebron's 4th year of being in the NBA for them to make it to the finals so your wrong about that one. (as you are most likely used to considering how idiotic you sound)

Secondly i'm talking about the TEAM'S age not ONE player's age. I know how hard it is for you Lin fans to think about the Team aspect of things and not a single player. you do realize Lebron had teammates right?

Thirdly our team the Rockets opened the season as the most inexperienced NBA team in the shot-clock era, based on minutes played. So it is quite impressive for us to make it to the playoffs and for us to win 2 games in the playoffs is a huge success.

I am really getting tired of people calling for a guy to be fired because of the way he is handling our 4th best player.

1 person likes this.
  8. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

McHale`s team overachied last season - we beat about everys analysts predicted win total. McHale installed an offense that perfectly fitted our players. McHale got his star player basically the day before the season started - and he incorporated him in the offense instantly. McHale improved the stats of basically every important player he had last season. McHale played his part in the team having great chemistry. McHale is one major reason why Dwight signed here.

McHale has his problems, but overlooking all the good things he has done is just stupid. Take a look at the whole and not just at one player.

9. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

He was probably talking about Anderson Varejão. The Cavs made the finals in his 2nd year in the league...

#4209 tellitlikeitis, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  10. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Did you watch any of the games last year? I was going to ask if you watched all the games but the answer to that is obvious based your response. How does Harden's increase in points have anything to do with McHale's "excellent" coaching? Harden's numbers went up because his minutes and usage went up, he became the number 1 option on a fast paced team. I'm going to attribute Harden's stardom on McHale's "ISO ISO ISO!" ? Please. I am far from the only one with the opinion that this team over achieved IN SPITE of McHale not BECAUSE of him. McHale is no more a star coach than Lin is a star player!

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

McHale has been a big positive for us the last couple years IMO. Looking forward to what this team can do and I am in favor of giving them 2 years and seeing what happens (Asik included).

12. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

This place has become insufferable again already and the season hasn't even started. :(

13. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Well that was shocking! That was disrespectful to Lin! And disrespectful to Beverley for not recognizing his role as only a bench player. And disrespectful to the fans that bought money to see a preseason game! They didn't get a chance to see their player. Okay they saw him but not as many minutes as they expected. Okay, as many minutes as they expected but not to start the game! When many of them weren't even in their seats because of the storm. This is an outrage!

There are going to be more looney LOFs this season than last, incredibly.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It's because all the LOF's are crawling out from under their bridges.

15. Reach

Reach Member

OK, I won't. Thank you for your input.

16. gengar

gengar Member

Nah. I've always wanted Mchale gone. He doesn't instill confidence in players and calls them out in public interview, while never taking any blame to himself

How hard is it to get a lineup where Lin starts, controlling the ball, playing PnR with Howard, while still getting Harden to get 25 ppg? Harden is way more efficient when he plays off the ball (especially defense) and Lin is a better PnR passer. By starting Beverly, you get rid of all that, PLUS you get rid of Beverly's defensive spark...that spark was only there because he would play limited minutes and come off the bench.

Now we're left in a scenario where Lin's (way above league's average) PnR doesn't get utilized with Howard, Harden is forced to carry most of the ball-handling and making him tired on defense, and Beverly loses the one thing he's known for - his defensive spark

Putting Lin as 6th player is good for Lin's personal stats (since he doesn't play off the ball); but it's not good for Rockets winning games. If Lin starts, LOFs win, Rockets win, everyone wins. Mchale just does things that doesn't seem logical...

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

What about Harden, Parsons, Bev, Delfino, Garcia, Asik and the rest of the contributors to our young playoff team?

18. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Maybe. But he'd better have a very good reason. The point is, it's a completely different scenario. McHale trolled the fans, it's natural to have a reaction to that.

19. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Or in your sire's word: McHale trolled some fans and the fans don't like it.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If you are going to accuse McHale of letting Beverley start in order to troll the fans, maybe you should post evidence.

I could as well say Lin threatened to kill the entire team, that's why McHale put him on the bench.