1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets in Taiwan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Windchime, Oct 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. pktan8

pktan8 Member

TQ for the correction, am just 1+ year old into NBA when JLin was no 17.

2. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

McHale is thinking "Mmm... I guess Jeremy is pretty popular here"

3. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I see your point in theory, but basketball is not for fans enjoyment? Then why bother with the long trip to Asia and just stay in the US, or ever waste time to shoot commercials for that matter? The goal is not to move towards a fanbase of women's soccer.

4. Nook

Nook Member

No, McHale is thinking: "When can we get this circus over with so I can prepare for the Pacers."

5. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

You know what you're probably right. But isn't that exactly what some have been saying? That there is a lack of awareness on McHale's part of the situation? Is this JUST another pre-season game? Surely he noticed on the way to the press conference that the signs on the streets aren't in English right? Surely he noticed that there's probably a reason why David Stern is there? Is McHale asking Stern, "when can we get this circus over with?"

As of today, I am equivocal about Lin coming off the bench. I was one of the first, if not the first, to suggest Lin as a 6th man early LAST season. I've taken a few steps back from that opinion since Howard's signing. But the fact is, Bev is just as likely to start on opening night as Lin at this point. It's no secret that as a talent evaluator, McHale is just not that high on Lin.

6. rokit

rokit Member

"Damn, i promised Bill Duffy PatBev would start"

7. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

McDonalds? Really? :grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. torocan

torocan Member

Don't be surprised. LOTS of people have fairly narrow palates. If McDonalds is the closest thing to food from home, then there's no shortage of people that will go there when they visit.

Not everyone enjoys the local food while traveling, let alone experimenting with unfamiliar foods in foreign countries.

You want to meet a ton of ex-pats in another country? Hit the nearest McDonalds, Starbucks, etc. Familiarity makes the travel feel a little less isolating.

I have no doubt that there's a few Rockets players hitting the local restaurants as well.

9. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

Where are you guys getting that taiwanese people are upset?

If anything, it is a portion of clutchfans people who are upset. Don't lump others into that group.

10. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

It's all about sense of belonging.

11. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Oh, I don't blame them if they didn't want to try local food. But McDonalds sell junk food, and junk food is not good for athletes during the season :).

And all the hotels have restaurants and room service that serve familiar food :).

12. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

They are sitting down.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am shocked they went to McDonalds instead of the nearby KFC.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They'll love Chinese food.

15. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Dining is simply exquisite in Taiwan. They need locals/guidebooks to know where to dine and visit, especially the betel nut girls. You will not find them anywhere else in the world!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Reach

Reach Member

Anorexia is real.

17. itstheyear3030

Dude, that stuff will mess up your mouth and teeth and give you cancer. Those photos are also not representative. For every hot girl, there's some washed up prostitute manning those stations. And I'm pretty sure every country has some variation of the "sexy girls selling food" routine. :grin:

18. PatBeverleyFan

Ladyboys? (no homo)

19. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Who said anything about chewing betel nuts?

You must had bad experiences in Bangkok for to you to relate them to ladyboys. :grin:

20. chff1

chff1 Member

Believe it or not, McDonalds in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan is 10000x better than those crappy crap in US. I have been there a few time and actually enjoy their Mcdonalds.