1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas ROCKETS vs PACERS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It just seems like neither Jones or D-mo will ever be consistent with the Rockets. This team won't wait forever for them.

2. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

They'll wait longer on DMo than on Tjones.

3. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

Yall nutts. You can be born with talent to be good offensive player, but defense comes ONLY by working hard. Majority of rookies come to this league without good defensive skills and they add them over the time if only they work on it. DMo is a gym rat, he spent first month in Houston without TV or internet and just spent days training, he doesn't go out with gangsta buddies stomping homeless, I see NO reason why he wouldn't improve his defense over the coming years.
    There are many similar players to TJones in the league, while DMo is unique.

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

True, but I still rather much start D-Mo over Jones.

5. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

D-Mo has better Post- Moves than Dwight

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's very simple, neither are terribly good on defense, but Jones is better than DMo and he's better at rebounding than DMo. Offense though is a different story, DMo's offense is miles ahead of Jones. On offense Jones is basically a non-entity.

7. omgTHEpotential

D-Mo may be miles ahead of Jones in terms of offense, but Jones is miles away at rebouding. Although, having two of top3 rebounders in the league last year (Howard & Asik) kind of makes that skill redundant when deciding which of the two (D-Mo or Jones) is better.

8. omgTHEpotential

Why is there no 'edit' button anywhere?

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Yeah but honestly that isn't saying that much, sadly the art of the post move has gone from key to all positions for success to a secret art for the dedicated few in the modern NBA game where all you need is to draw the Superstar call.

10. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

Post move would be most important move in the NBA if they banned 3 steps and made it 2 like in the rest of the word. Nowadays game is mainly based on a fast first step and if you had to bounce the ball before starting to move that would make it more watchable.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No. Dirk Nowitzki would be unique.

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I personally don't care who starts as long as they play there role as needed, but....

What game did you watch exactly to make that statement? DMo really played great. He ran the floor well, his defense was solid and his offense was terrific.

One thing I liked is the fact that if you watched his work out videos with Dream and watched some of his post moves in the game, it's obvious that he is getting a lot from Dream.

Also, he contested shots, was extreamly effective on defense and even got a block in the paint. He ran the floor hard and through the ball down hard in the basket when he had the chance.

So I have to ask again... What game exactly were you watching.

13. BBAAB

BBAAB Rookie

I think it's not who starts and who backs up, it's who plays and who won't get to play. If you squeeze 10 minutes for Dwight as PF when Asik plays center, and 10 minutes of Parsons or Cassipi as stretch 4, then you're left with 28 minutes for the PF position.

I doubt McHale goes 14/14 with two players, it could be 22 min and 6 min, meaning one guy will get the bulk of the minutes and the other guy situational use.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hopefully their entire team didn't give up. This is pre-season where guys should still be fighting to crack the squad / rotations.

15. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

D-Mo is a play maker..That's the difference between him and Jones...CAnt ignore D-Mo's IQ..

16. Normalus

Normalus Member

Good to see Casspi helping out DMo in p&r defense :)

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with that, Jones' rebounding is probably better than DMo's will ever be, but like you said, with 2 of the top rebounders in the NBA on the court, rebounding isn't exactly at a premium. Personally I'm rooting for both of those guys to step up their game this year.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Lin should have taught him to do a ninja back flip after dunks like those.

19. nobie

nobie Member

Didnt he have similar drop in eurobasked few weeks ago, dude should really learn how to hold on the rim...

20. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

I still think TJones has the edge now with his hustle, rebounding and athleticism but if DMo can just iron out the few mistakes he has on defense (He's not been bad, though.) and hit those outside shots (The infuriating thing is that we know HE CAN!) I can see him having more PF mins.

The good thing is that the coaching staff seems keen to allow that battle to happen with these two. Don't think we'll see either get benched outright. They're gonna have the apple dangled in front of them.

Will be fun to watch.