1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 10/10/2013 in Manila, Philippines (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 7, 2013.

1. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You think Lin may be a HOF candidate?

3. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I know. Those people just don't like him.

4. Remlap

Remlap Member

All of this bickering over 2 preseason games? lol. And NONE of us get to make the game time decisions. All of this angst over armchair coaching. Ha.

I got to DVR the game this morning on NBA channel and I'm excited about this season.

What I saw (not that it matters, right?)
    ***DISCLAIMER - I'M NOT A LIN-ONLY-FAN.

1) Lin is a better playmaker than Bev. But Bev has a pretty nice 3pt shot.
    2) Dwight missed not having Lin penetrating the lane and dishing under the basket. Can tell he's using some Dream fakes/spin moves in the post. Like what I see him trying so far offensively.
    3) Donuts was hustling and making plays. While neither TJ nor Dmo are lighting it up, Dmo seems to be more of an 'impact' player than Jones so far.
    4) Lin surely made the second unit better with his playmaking. There are no other stars on the 2nd unit to create their own shot. Lin's penetration creates opportunities for those around him. 2nd unit needs that.
    5) Casspi is the clearance rack deal of the century so far. Keep it up Cass!
    6) Brewer, meh....good D but doesn't add too much else
    7) Can't wait to see Asik back in action as well as The Cisco Kid. Our team will get even better
    8) Brooks played a little better in this game.
    9) Harden. Not much to say. He's still the man
    10) Parsons - making plays when the opportunity is there. Runs floor great and made some very good driving dips, layups.

Even preseason has been fun to watch.
    Let's get this party started!

5. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Going to the bench doesn't mean you are a benchwarmer. What about our head coach? 2 time 6th man of the year winner.

6. allaroundplayer

I agree that, under normal circumstances, going to bench is a demotion, but the extenuating circumstances are that Harden is very hard to play with. He totally monopolizes the ball & whenever he gets the ball it just becomes incredibly sticky.

With those facts in mind, maybe Lin going to the bench could actually be seen as a promotion.

It's too bad that Harden not listening in the coach in terms of moving the ball would result in this, but the positive side is that when Lin comes and plays well sparking the second unit, Harden will be the one who is stuck on the bench.

7. deedee82

deedee82 Member

I actually have to disagree that Harden isn't listening. This past 2 games has been a good showcase of assists spread out around the different players. Its not as lopsided as it was the earlier season and I hope its a sign of things to come.

I'm a big fan or Lin and Garcia and i'm actually excited if the bench has the potential to look like a starting 5 on any another team, 10 men rotation would be amazing.

8. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I can feel the bitterness coming through my screen.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Jeremy Lin isn't a HOF'er so it's a moot point.

10. highlander3128

Trying to put words in my mouth? Com'on...

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Oh you were simply observing that 6th men don't often go to the HOF. I thought you were saying something relevant to the game thread, Lin specifically. If I was mistaken, I apologize.

12. BBAAB

BBAAB Rookie

Harden played very well the last two games. If he plays like this all year, balancing offense and defense, we're easily set at the 2 spot.

There should be no criticisms of Harden's first two games.

13. just a word

just a word Member

re:5, keep it up morey!

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The point is that a player can achieve a lot coming off the bench.

All-star games, championships (obviously), and even going to the HOF. The only thing I'd say is impossible is MVP. Since that means being the best player on your team and all...but Being a bench player does not limit your stardom.

15. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

the other day i read somewhere, cant remember which forum was that, about a 6th man in 80's or 90's who was by far the best scorer of the team cca 23ppg and the second best scorer was 15ppg or something

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has a point of making it though if they lower the requirements.
    First undrafted American Taiwanese - a feel good story

17. Drawkwa22

Drawkwa22 Member

is there a place to watch the full game after the fact?

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Are some people just pretending not to get it, or what?? There is no question Harden >>> Sefolosha. No question. But he was 6th man for a reason. I don't see why that's so difficult to grasp...

19. Grigori

Grigori Member

I think the LOFs and LOFHs are both jumping to conclusions here. Both sides need to step back and wait to see what this may actually turn out to be before tearing into each other like rabid dogs.

LOFs: Don't assume that this is just another misguided attempt by McHale to take Lin's minutes and give it to Beverley to the detriment of the team. Lin actually may play 32.2 minutes a game off the bench in a Harden/Ginobili/McHale role and this actually isn't a demotion.

LOFHs: Don't assume that this is not another misguided attempt by McHale to take Lin's minutes and give it to Beverley to the detriment of the team. Lin actually may play 24.8 minutes a game off the bench in a plain sub role and this actually is a demotion.

Let's see what actually happens first. Maybe the LOFs turn out to be right; maybe the LOFHs turn out to be right. We just don't know yet until this whole thing plays out, if it plays out.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I am not assuming anything. We don't know what could happen. It may end up being a demotion in fact, if his role actually reduces. But in the hypothetical case that he ends up having more freedom to do his thing, and minutes aren't significantly altered, I do not call it a demotion.