1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 10/10/2013 in Manila, Philippines (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 7, 2013.

1. highlander3128

Well I guess DH12 can play with the second unit to make things work.;)

2. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Jeremy Lin exit interview last season:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIM6xXwtl_0

"Do you care if you come of the bench, do you care about that"

JL: "Uh, yeah. I think everybody does."

"Would you be opposed to them saying, hey, we'd maybe like to see you come off the bench next season"

JL: "It depends. I don't think your role is limited to starting or coming off the bench, it just depends on what your role is while you play, and how you play, and you can look at what jarret jack has done.. it just depends"

3. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

The Pacers had a bad game. They couldn't shoot to save their lives.

Next game will be tougher.

4. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

If you don't think a starting player who played for the whole year as a starter will not feel losing his job is a demotion, (doesn't matter if it is now the "6th man spot), then not much more to say.

call it what you want but it is a demotion and if it is deserved, better player replacing you, then OK. But don't think there is a person even in this BBS that actually thinks Lin is not better player than Bev right now. May not be in a year but right this moment.

5. Redmark

Redmark Member

It's kind of funny because on another forum I read one guy said "wow Lin didn't start this game? drama!" and another guy said "preseason".

And that was it.

It doesn't matter anyway, because unless McHale somehow goes full r****d whoever plays better when the season starts will get the spot anyway. Have some patience.

1 person likes this.
  6. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

IMO, we need to get Dwight in the Groove early in the game... I don't think a line up of Harden and Bev can do this...

7. highlander3128

If Dwight can't, he can play with the second unit to make the team better. In the end it is Harden's team.

8. bbjai

bbjai Member

I have never thought that Beverely drove much of the second unit's production. If my memory is correct most of last season's second unit output was because either Delfino or Garcia stepped up and Beverely didn't really do much from a PG perspective of actually getting the second unit running

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lin was fun to watch with first unit too. Lin is just fun to watch. All of the Fantastc Four are. I am loving the chemistry of this team.

10. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Ha! watch this team collapse if that happens lol!

:eek:

you want to win, you need everyone at their best...

11. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

LOF why you hate Harden?

12. highlander3128

This is exactly the point. The presence of Howard and Lin will only hinder the performance of harden since they both need the all in their hands a lot. Should it be better for them to dominate the opposing team's second team, and let Harden and Beverly to deal with the first team? I see this coming as a win-win situation.

13. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Not an LOF, and not hating Harden... so Designating Howard on the bench is a good idea?

14. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I'm not an LOF nor a harden hater, just trying to strike a debate about whats the best line up possible... so hard to understand? everyone not agreeing is a harden hater or a LOF? lol

15. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From Blaiyan:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XsE7vSEztgw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Your whole ruse is built on the idea that Lin and Harden are equals.

17. highlander3128

What ruse? The idea to pair Beverley with harden is to maximize the offensive prowess of Harden. If Lin is as good as Harden, I am going to demote Harden to the bench and have Beverley and Lin starting instead. See my point?

18. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Can we stop all the dumb ****. Harden and Howard aren't even going to sniff the bench when the game starts. Even Parsons is pretty much out of the question. Only positions in question are PG and PF.

19. Grinds

Grinds Member

CSN never rebroadcasted the game. Makes no sense considering it aired at 1am.

20. gate470

gate470 Rookie

They know it's a demotion. They're trying to make it seem like it's not bc they're actually realizing that he's a pretty good player, and to use that word would mean the opposite. That's all, carry on.