1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is starting at PG in Manila against the Pacers (UPDATED w/ CF Article)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moose, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

I love these kinds of posts from ppl like you who've been ****ting on lin all year long. It's easy for you now isn't it. Mchale is treating him like you always thought he deserved so you can pretend to be reasonable.

The response you are seeing to Lin is the same response you would get if Harden was treated the way Lin has been. Mchale has never shown any faith in him and has never given him the chance because he's always assumed he wasn't good enough.

I'm really sick of your endless intellectual dishonesty.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Let's play a game.

If you show me one post where I said Lin is a bad player. I will leave this board permanently.

If you can't, you can leave.

Sound good?

1 person likes this.
  3. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Very interesting take! :cool:

Few thoughts:

1. McHale didn't do this move until the team is in Asia (Clutch called him trolling)
    2. McHale obviously doesn't think highly of Lin, he thinks Lin is a margin starter. Why doesn't he experiment with Parsons off the bench with Garcia as starter? Lin has always been on the edge and will be again. (glass ceiling?)
    3. It's true that Lin will have more freedom playing with the second unit but the first unit will become very one-dimensional - dump the ball into Dwight or have Harden ISO, that's not very good offense. (Dwight is not Dream and Harden is not LeBron)
    4. Dwight plays better with Lin.
    5. Some people are saying Lin fans are wrong to be upset. Well, so is it wrong for Bev fans to be happy? (they are)
    6. Manu was the example always cited, well, he didn't become sixth man until the latter half of his pro career whereas Lin is young.
    7. Harden started out as a rookie on an elite team, he was growing whereas Lin has already shown his stuff. (of course, some think it's just a fluke)
    8. The position of PG and SG are different. It's extremely rare for a the best passer on the team to come off the bench. The reason Terry, Crawford, Jack etc come off the bench is that they don't initiate the offense well. They are SGs in a PGs body. That again, means that McHale doesn't trust Lin. He prefers to have Harden be the PG. It is possible that McHale either underrates Lin or is putting him down on purpose.
    9. It's not outrageous to think that Lin is a star. He is no doubt an elite passer in this league. This has been debated to death.
    10. Some people need to have their colored-glasses taken off. Lin plays an exciting brand of basketball. Appreciate.
    11. It's normal to for people of every ethnicity and country to root for one of their own. Stop looking down on others just because of the unique post-segregation morality. It was only a terrible situation that led to the higher morality of the present.
    12. Lin would flourish as the facilitator for the second unit, there's no doubt. But is it really good for the offense of the first unit? Would it be too much for Harden to play SG, PG, draw fouls and play defense all the times? Last year he was fatigued.
    13. McHale has a big ego. Well, he was a legend on the court. He didn't do so well as manager but we'll see if he pans out as a coach. The pressure is on him to succeed quickly! He needs to make Harden and Dwight happy, perhaps one likes ISO and the other likes posting up. Even though it's not good for the team or winning he sometimes has to do it regardless. On the other hand, I think it's better timing if he experiments with Lin off the bench in game 4. People understand.
    14. It seems like Lin would be the starter in the next game. Well, we'll see what happens. Seems like a good move.

4. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Let's play a game. If Mchale starts treating Lin fairly then I will stop complaining. Also I can't browse your post history.

5. AVoiceInACrowd

Your missing the point.

1. There is much larger portion of the fans at the game who came mostly to see Lin in Asia than at the Toyota center. They also paid more for the tickets.

2. More importantly as I stated above, this is the first and possibly only time these fans get to watch him live. Which can't be said for anyone watching at the Toyota center. So yes, the timing was terrible.

I'm a Lin fan and I'm not upset about the experiment. It's pre season, so it doesn't mean anything. There is always people on both sides reading into every little thing (Canaan was the only one drafted, must be to replace Lin. Lin's not invited to the Cali camp, must mean he is being traded. And on and on and on and on.). Until something actually does happen, like he gets traded or sent to the bench. It's just people on both sides speculating because they are bored or they are trolls.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Considering the fact that I apparently been "****ting" on Lin all year long.

It shouldn't be too hard to find one post of me saying Lin is a bad player right?

7. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

I'm sure JLin will be our starter come post season.

What we need to improve now is the second unit and JLin will get the second unit some experience playing with a playmaker. He will get the second unit pumped up for more off ball movement.

8. Sen89

Sen89 Member

LOF are the worst people around

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

I think McHale would rather win games than anything else. He has to know that anything other than a deep playoff run would be a disappointment.

While a lot of us have questioned his substitution patterns (ie. Lin/Asik) at times, it is another thing entirely to say he would rather ruin Lin's career than keep his job.

He can create a whole new legacy for himself if he wins a championship. It would instantly elevate him to "great coach" status. Imagine being a HOF player AND a championship coach. He will never get as great a chance to win as a coach than right now. If you think he would risk that chance over some personal dislike for a single player - you are out of your mind.

Lin is a young player who does make some bonehead plays that would irk any coach.

10. kcd

kcd Member

And that's why I think it's wrong not to start him. If he was a back-up to a much more superior player than him, then it would make sense just like Asik will probably back-up Howard. Why can't they stagger the minutes, it's almost the same thing. Why not promote that thinking instead of Lin just having to be the 6th man? Anyways, I doubt in real games will it be all bench players playing at the same time unless it'a a blow out.

11. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

If I could browse your post history then maybe not. But if I could browse your post history and I couldn't find anything, I'd be happy to admit I was wrong. Except it's moot because that function is not available here without payment.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lin has a starting job on a playoff team. I think he was treated fairly.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Then maybe next time you should think first before throwing random accusations at anyone.

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Good post. Jetfuel has always been obscenely biased and quick to play the victim card, so he's an exception.

15. treeman

treeman Member

This would have been a fantastic thread in a world where there were no LOFs. Missed opportunity.

I have thought for awhile that Lin would excel in a 6th man role. With Harden, Howard, and Parsons on the 1st team there's only so much ball to go around, and Lin needs the ball to be effective. But on a 2nd team he can be the leader and provide the scoring punch that it lacks - he can be to the 2nd team what Harden is to the 1st. Right now, I am drooling over the prospect of a 2nd team with Lin and Casspi scoring, anchored by Asik. Throw either TJones or DMo into that mix and it's a party. That is a very nice 2nd team. Fit matters more in this case, and Bev fits well with the 1st team, Lin fits well with the 2nd team.

Put your damned egos aside. I bet Jeremy will for the better of the team, if that is what it comes to.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

So you're just making things up. LOL.

17. kastuul

kastuul Member

Howard plays better with Lin.

Case closed.

18. KlutchQT

Did Jetfuel get banned?

19. KlutchQT

I didn't know kastuul was the GM. :p

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Lolz there is literally not one team that he would be the best player on (maybe the 76ers)