1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Just watched the 1st episode of Kill la Kill. This show is all kinds of insane and awesome. This is going to be FUN. Love it so far.

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Check out beyond the boundary too... I just watched it tonight and it was an interesting start

Edit: I just watched Kill La Kill... and it is some WTF stuff ;) I am thinking it is supposed to be action with fan service, but the world is very very very... weird! LOL I liked Mako though, she was funny

Also Strike the Blood was announced today as a simulcast on Crunchyroll as well :) I am going to try that one as well..

Right now my fall must watch list:

Beyond the Boundary
    Strike the Blood
    Little Busters: Refrain
    Meganebu (I reserve the right to change my mind if the first episode of this is sucky)
    Kuroko's Basketball

I am also trying out (These are less likely to be watched right away - especially when basketball really gets started):
    Golden Time
    Yowapeda
    Gallelei Donna
    Kill la Kill
    Diabolik Lovers
    Walkure Romanze

#742 Hayesfan, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  3. Hayesfan

Kuroko announced! Yay - just wanted to let y'all know... It starts tomorrow :)

4. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

First episode was so good and that intro gave me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. Love it, and that atsushi guy is a freaking sasquatch! Can't wait for the next.

5. Hayesfan

I haven't watched either yet.. I've been babysitting... and now watching basketball... but I can't wait to see atsushi and his purple hair :)

6. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Going to be sports filled season.

Ace of the diamond - baseball
    Kuroko's Basketball - basketball
    Hajime no ippo - boxing
    Yowapeda - cycling
    Wanna be the strongest in the world - wrestling
    Walkure romanze - jousting

I haven't dropped anything from this season and I've probably watch half of this season's ep 1.

Other good ones I'm keeping

golden time
    Beyond the boundary
    Log horizon (pretty similar to SAO)
    Kill la kill
    I couldn't be a hero so I reluctantly got a job
    Little Buster

More to come.

7. Hayesfan

So far I've watched most of those that you posted.. I plan to skip the boxing and wrestling ones - here's my finished list of ones for this season - thank goodness I got the crunchyroll subscription

1. Diabolik Lovers
    2. Diamond no Ace
    3. Galilei Donna
    4. Golden Time
    5. Kill la Kill
    6. Kuroko no Basket 2
    7. Kyoukai no Kanata - Beyond the Boundary
    8. Little Busters!: Refrain
    9. Meganebu!
    10. Nagi no Asukara
    11. Outbreak Company
    12. Strike the Blood
    13. Walkure Romanze
    14. Yowamushi Pedal
    15. Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shima****a. - I couldn't be a hero...

Plus the one I plan to watch after the season ends is Coppellion - I figure that I will have to find a good stream for that one since it isn't on CR

Also, I may change my mind about kill la kill and meganebu as well... both were just eh, okay. Though I did laugh a bit at both.

Dang.. that's a long list. I have more anime that I plan to watch than regular tv shows! I think I may be an otaku :) Then again, I'm just getting started. I still don't remember which shows are which studio or which manga belong to which creator :( I'll get better though!

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

I just want to mention, because it seems many relying on crunchyroll and other sites to adapt the shows, that you can find all subbed anime from Nyaa torrent. I've been using it for as long as I could remember watching anime. It's not concurrent, generally the subbed episodes come out half a day following the original airing. But I have yet to find a single anime that was aired in Japan and wasn't available on that site.

Anyway, really glad they've adapted Strike the Blood and Log Horizon, two of my favorite light novels. At least in episode 1 both lived up to my expectations. Personally, I found Log Horizon to be what I had hoped Sword Art Online would be. SAO really kind of dropped off following the first story arc.

9. Hayesfan

What is nyaa torrent?

do you download them all there? are they in hd?

I like crunchyroll but there are some older ones I'd like to download, like clannad that I can't find anywhere streaming and I can't afford to buy. it was like 52 bucks on amazon :(

10. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Clannad is on YouTube. Look up the youtuber Romalian he has Clannad and after story.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

This site is pretty good:

http://www.animeram.com/clannad/

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

If you google nyaa torrent it will show up. I'm not sure if it violate any terms here, so I didn't post the link directly.

The quality depends on the original raw videos. But generally speaking you get 720/1040 quality for the more popular shows. Some of the less popular ones may only get 480, but they're very, very rare. So far I've watched Log Horizon, Strike the Blood, and Kyoukai no Kanata all in 720p. That's the general quality I download, since I don't have a huge TV to take advantage of anything more detailed.

13. Hayesfan

Thanks yall!

I may download some of those with the raw footage just so I can make fun videos!

I will check out the streams on youtube and the one you posted. I can queue up youtube and watch it on my tv... so I'll try that first. The afterstory is on netflix, but I wanted to watch them in order :)

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Have you read 20th Century Boys?

Edit: just realizing you asked awhile ago. If anyone is wondering, it's a great series :)

15. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

Nearly every anime series that has come out this fall so far has been amazing.

16. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

This. No disappointments so far.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I watched Kill la Kill and enjoyed it. There was so much going on It was tough for me to read the subs and follow the action.

This has been my anime contribution for the day.

18. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I just caught up on the Fairy Tail manga (not a faithful reader. Usually binge read every few months), and man, the latest chapter, 355, is just straight up softcore hentai. Seriously, read it and tell me its not. I have no idea how Hiro Mashima so consistently gets away with not even attempting to craft a story around naked Erza and Lucy. lol

19. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

having been keeping up with new anime, as i just got finish watch all of one piece.

What are the new action/fantasy anime (e.g. Geass, FMA)?

20. Hayesfan

Yeah I am caught up on that one as well.. it was quite annoying, though I guess I can say it was almost equal opportunity as we got a naked Natsu and can see half naked Gray ;)

I'm loving all of the new series I'm watching so far this fall, with the exception of Diabolik Lovers and Kill La Kill. I know that KLK is one that some of y'all are liking, but it's not really my style. Though I did laugh at the friend's family and the stripping teacher. I'm giving it one more week though... we shall see if I keep it.

I started Galelei Donna today also, the one character on there Hozuki (youngest sister) reminds me a bit of Kaylee on Firefly. In fact I liked the introduction to all three sisters. Plus I loved the pirate-esque guy and his starry eyed look at the goldfish and his "Later Bambina" :)