1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin needs to be the sixth man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iam, Oct 9, 2013.

1. iam

iam Member

this isn't true. he was one of the Top PGs drawing fouls. He was 5th in the league at PG in And1 %s. I think there is just a misconception with Jeremy Lin. I didn't start this thread to compare him to anyone else. I wanted to show the statistical strengths of Jeremy Lin last season and how the Rockets could potentially be a better team by making Jeremy a sixth man. I'm not calling for his MPG to go down yet rather see him dominate the ball.

[​IMG]

2. iam

iam Member

Sorry image is here:

[​IMG]

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I don't care if he starts or not.

But I do want him to get at least 30+ minutes a game.

And I would prefer one of Harden or Lin to be out there on the court at all times.

I would hope he would be good enough to play a Ginobli sort of role on this team. It would make the Rockets more dangerous, if it would actually work out.

4. Reach

Reach Member

It's not really a misconception. Lin was drawing fouls at an elite rate two seasons ago and really didn't do so last season. He was still one of the best PG's in the league in that respect, but the drop off was real.

5. iam

iam Member

i would say top 5 in and1's is still a great rate...

6. Reach

Reach Member

That's not my point -- he's still a great finisher and he's still good at drawing fouls. But he's proven that he's capable of doing better.

7. gate470

gate470 Rookie

He had the ball A LOT with a very high USG rate; that's a big reason why he was drawing so many fouls.

8. keldraco

keldraco Member

when someone already put up a chart proving you wrong, then don't insist...

9. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

So true! All I wanted last year was to see McHale stagger Lin and Harden's minutes so that one of them is always on the floor. Hope he does take this route this season. Personally I think Lin & Beverley have such opposing (and complimentary) skills that either one can start depending on who the Rockets play. I'd also rather see Lin & Harden play most of their minutes with Beverley and not with each other. Bev just compliments Lin and Harden so much better than they do each other. That said, I believe Lin's been working on his fit next to Harden, so if it works I'm okay with him playing with the 1st unit.

2 people like this.
  10. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

nah, he thrives when he has to prove himself and in big games. if his confidence was so fragile, he would not have survived last year's misuse

11. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

you're asking McHale to do the logical thing, ain't gonna happen. last year, there were many times where both Lin and Harden sat. McHale just don't see any point in having a play maker on the floor. his shtick last year was swinging the ball around, iso, and posting up Cole Aldrich

12. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Oh gawd, I don't even want to think about last season when Lin, Harden, and Omer were all resting on the bench! (Seriously, i still have painful flashbacks of Delfino dribbling & passing because almost everyone had the green light to handle the ball when they really had no business doing so).

13. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Kicks.. Were you here last year under another name? You sound like a good poster here last year.

14. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Nope, I'm a total newbie to CF. Well, not really "new" because I used to lurk here and there but it wasn't until D12 that I finally decided to register an account. I'm also a girl, so I'll probably do more male-objectifying-type of posts (kidding!), but we do have a pretty good looking team :D

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Welcome.:)

16. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Thanks, coach!

17. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Smooth. :grin:

OT: Sixth man or starter, I don't mind as long as Lin gets his minutes. As many have already posted before, I just hope that coaching staff are good at staggering the minutes between the players.

18. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

probably fta/fga is a better measure of ability to draw fouls.

19. raskol

hahaha. I see you spreading love to all the newbies, even here.

20. raskol

That we do~