1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is anyone else legit sad at how bad this situation is in Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by astros123, Oct 6, 2013.

1. NotChandlerParsons

When is this myth going to stop going around? Honestly not real hopeful for Yates or Keenum, but at least they have a 1 in 100 chance of panning out whereas Schaub is just totally cooked.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Ok...its perfectly fine if the Texans do keep Matt Schlob-pass as the starter the rest of the season. Im actually ok with it. This would lead to a divide locker room, and hopefully a star on this team requests a trade.

If the Texans do continue this atrocious play, I hope the Texans do a solid for Andre Johnson and trade him to contender...heck send him to the Patriots...

other players to ship out/personell decisions to make:
    1. Get something for a combo of TJ Yates and Ben Tate from the Browns by week 10
    2. Trade Owen Daniels for draft picks
    3. At the end of the season, consider cutting Matt Schaub and eat the approx 15 mil dollar cap hit over a couple of seasons
    4. Fire Kubiak and hire Jon Gruden or Dungy as the Offensive Coordinator
    5. Consider letting Wade Philips run the show as the HC/Defensive Coordinator
    6. Start Keenum for the rest of the season, so you can see what you have with the kid
    7. Draft a QB in the 1st round
    8. Put Rick Smith on notice

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Bro, I was merely suggesting that Kubiak employ some ideas for boosting his confidence. Schaub is broken right now. The INTs are in his head. I was suggesting they lean on the run and put Schaub in passing situations that can build is confidence back up. Obviously i understand that QB's have to be able to throw the ball on 1st and 10 from time to time; but i think you tailor your play-calling to the QB you have. Schaub has shown poor decision-making in the passing game. We have the ability to run the ball. We ought to use that to our advantage, and put the game in Schaub's hands only when necessary. That is not what we've been doing. Kubiak has put the game in Schaub's hands when he didn't have to. I think we know how that's turned out.

4. TheMountainTop

We are the 4th largest city in the United States and we don't have much to show for it when it comes to sports.

Boston - countless nba, nfl, mlb titles.
    San Antonio - 4 NBA titles and a winning tradition
    Pittsburg - 2 Superbowl titles
    Dallas - nba title, and a few NFL superbowls
    Chicago - a few NBA titles, MLB titles

I am not completely laying blame on the fans. I am saying that the fans in Houston need to demand more from their sports organizations.

I have lived in many cities and the passion they show is leaps beyond what Houstonians show.

5. jbasket

jbasket Member

6 wins for Pitts, and 5 for the Cowboys, not 2 and "a few". If you are going to compare cities... New York City should be mentioned.

Also, you have to take into consideration such instances like Boston winning so many NBA rings with Bill Russell when there were only 8 teams in the league, IIRC.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Ok..we'll stop going to game then. And then we'll be told we're terrible fans because we don't support our team....that we're bandwagoners.

Do you honestly believe the people of San Antonio made that franchise a winner? Really? The fans rallied and so the team was fortunate enough to be able to draft Tim Duncan? For real?

Dallas? What did the citizens of Dallas do to "demand" a winner from the Cowboys and one title from the Mavs?

What did great cities of San Antonio and Dallas do to demand a winner? What can we model?

And if Pittsburgh demands a winner, how come they didn't demand one of their baseball team for about 20 years?

All of that stuff is ridiculous.

7. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Clearly we the fans are not battlefighting hard enough.

8. MadMax

Right? I'm pissed off at you, in particular. I watch these games and I wonder why you're not doing more.

1 person likes this.
  9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

if you DEMAND, the championships will come. drafting perennial superstars helps too.

10. MadMax

I didn't realize I had been doing it wrong all this time. I feel terrible, you guys. I'll try harder.

11. TheMountainTop

I dont think the Texans or Rockets warrant fans not attending games. That might be to extreme considering the franchises in recent history have actually had good track records but somehow the owners and general managers of these franchises should be put on notice that we as fans want more from our organization then just mediocrity.

12. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

you're not the brightest poster on CF.net are you?

13. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

MT Top...Sorry bud. Didn't expect my post to actually show up. Signed up for the account months ago and nothing happens when i post.

Anyways...Stop blaming the fans.

14. MadMax

And you think Pittsburgh did that with the Steelers in the 70's?

Or that San Antonio did that with the Spurs?

I think this stuff is entirely overplayed.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The thing is Kubiak has been trying to build his confidence up with short passes and running the ball...and he's even screwing that up. All of his INTs has been off of short passes.

We may as well just start bombing it deep because teams won't expect it AND a deep INT at least can work like a punt. The offense can likely get the defender down and our defense can at least get a chance to get on the field and stop the other team from scoring or make a big play for us.

16. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Don't you know...People from SA demanded the spurs tank in order to draft Tim Duncan. LOL

17. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Answer this question. Last weeks game do you think Yates would of put up more than 3 points the entire game? Because guess what? I BELIEVE YATES WOULD OF

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Kubiak said this the other day on the radio:

On (Keenum): "He's doing really good. Runs scout team. I got a lot of confidence in him. T.J. gets more work because he's our two but Case is becoming a much better pro and working towards his opportunity."

(How much is Case pushing T.J.?) "He's pushing every day and pushing hard. I thought T.J. answered the bell during training camp. All I can tell you is I got confidence in both of them and they're doing their job."

19. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

We have become the Cowboys.
    Choker of a QB with an incompetent coach and an owner that won't admit that both are a mistake.

20. SK34

SK34 Member

Agreed. Honestly, the fans of Houston have been demanding a championship caliber team for the past few years. What do fans have to so the franchise can meet their demands? Heck, how do you demand something from the teams?

I've heard a lot of fans speak out in favor of getting a new QB since last year & that changes should be made so we can be Super Bowl champions but nothing happens.