1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The young Rockets players have clearly improved and proved it in the first preseason game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsfan4, Oct 7, 2013.

1. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I am beyond elated for this team.

1. Harden played under control, off-the-ball, improved his defense, and did not get sticky with the ball (except for one play).
    2. Lin looked comfortable, relaxed, and had full confidence in his jumper.
    3. TJones looked bigger, did not hog the dribble as much, and finished well at the basket.
    4. DMo improved his free throw shooting and seemed slightly better positioned on defense, though he still has a long long way to go.
    5. Bev seemed a bit more under control, picking up fewer fouls and gambling less than usual, but was able to turn on his defense and rip out Holiday's soul when he turned it on. He also seems more under control on the offensive end and has added a bit to his repertoire here with a solid two-footed floater.
    5. McHale did not seem to go apeshi* on Lin when he committed a turnover.
    5. Even DHo's free throw stroke looked decent, though I did not watch that many Lakers games last year.
    6. Casspi looked real calm, took good shots, and seemed happy to be playing.

1 person likes this.
  2. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

7. Parsons looked under control, played smart and within his comfort zone, and did not overdribble.

3. rj3000

rj3000 Member

8. Howard was making free throws

4. basketballrock

9. Canaan was showing courage

5. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Courage shown. Definitely a lot of heart. And courage... A lot of courage. Resilience also. Showed resilience. Determined. Was very determined.

6. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

10. Canaan stepping up to show the world he's on Eldridge Recasner's level.

1 person likes this.
  7. jedicro

jedicro Member

I'm unfamiliar with Eldridge Recasner's level. Could you graph it and Canaan's as well so we can compare?

8. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

I want purple courage lines, blue resilience lines, red heart lines, and green determination lines, comparing the two players. 'k? Graphed over the course of Canaan's minutes, comparing his performance to Recasner's career averages. Like, the real advanced insider ****; you know, JCD.

You can start to make things up to us if you'll provide this for every player after every game, and after every practice too... using a random Rockets player from the past to project current player's future courage and resilience performance, etc... you can do it, JCD. Don't let us down this time...

9. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

That's a lot of #5's. :p

11. Howard having a PER 36:
    25.3 Points | 12.0 Rebounds | 4.0 Assists | 1.3 Blocks | 63.3 FT% | 54.4 FG%

10. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

~lol~ Yay!!

11. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

11. Toyota Center was packed :eek:

12. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I think to many people piled on DMo yesterday. If you go back and look at the beginning of the game Davis had the green light to try and score on DMo. Before DMo went out of the game and Jones came in to replace him Davis went at DMo 5 or 6 times and didn't score.

DMo wasn't great but I don't think he did that bad for his first game back.

13. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

So I got more negative rep from the same guy who claims that I love Lin and hate Bev. Please identify yourself:

here's some rep, plz don't make anymore crappy LOF-y threads. It's called isolation, all teams do it, moron. And Evil Mchale doesn't scream at Lin more than other players. P.S. ur "special" opinion doesnt deserve its own thread.

1 person likes this.
  14. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I agree. Not sure why people are bashing DMo, as he seemed to play a good team game. DMo was heavily supported by most here for a long time last season. Both DMo and TJones have clearly upped their games, no need to bash on either as they are both trending in the right direction.

15. steady

steady Member

Remember last year at around this time when we were referring to this team as the "baby Rockets", and saying how important it was to be patient, not have too high expectations, and give them a few years to develop.

I totally agree with the OP and others above, I too am "elated" by how much the Rockets' young players have improved in such a short time.

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

They have look impressive, albeit it's one preseason game.

17. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

There's no doubt that this team looks absolutely phenomenal at a very early stage.

I predicted as much, given their frequent practice sessions over the summer; at least one of which included mchale.

This team's still got a long ways to go. And the major issue is and will be what to do at the 4. Asik's tenure is a concern as well. I know that a lot of forum members are emotionally attached to DMo and Asik, which is all well and good; but there is a good chance that one or both will be moved in order to acquire an all star 4.

I'm pretty certain that morey will make a move before the trade deadline, or in the offseason at the latest, and I tend to suspect that it will be yet another blockbuster move, rivaling if not equaling the acquisition of harden and howard.

18. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

No doubt. The heat look even more frightening after just 1 preseason game; I have little doubt that lebron is an even better player now than he was last season.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

12. Covington was ballsy and tenacious. Shots weren't falling like they were in the camp footage, but I appreciated that he kept at it instead of disappearing, which would have been the easy thing to do.

20. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Get used to the negative reps. You cannot praise or defend Jeremy here...someone will leave you a mean message....it never fails. I have almost 100 and most of them negative reps. Just ignore. ;)