1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley: The Grim Reaper

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Oct 6, 2013.

1. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Shaq, Barkley, Drexler....

2. Coach E

Coach E Member

1 person likes this.
  3. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

Wow. Great way to praise a player for being a dirty cheap shot artist.

4. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

Not sure if serious, but if serious people like you make Rocket fans hate LOFs

5. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

What is wrong with you. Is it your mission in life to make people hate Lin by dogging all our other players?

6. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

Oh please, this has nothing to do with being a rockets player or a rockets fan.

Beverley's a great defensive role player with a competent offensive skillset.

What I find absolutely disgusting is when a player:

a. deliberately chop blocks another player's legs

b. does so AFTER the whistle is blown

If you can defend this, or even PRAISE this type of action, you're scum. Even Patrick is ashamed of himself, which is why he attempted to end an interview after he was asked about it.

Bev's cheap shot against westbrook was totally disgusting. It tells you something about certain "fans" that they would celebrate Beverley injuring another player.

7. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

You can hate whoever you want. That's on you, not anyone else.

I simply pointed out that it's absolutely appalling and disgusting to praise someone for "taking out" another player. If you can't figure out what's wrong with that kind of a mindset, your problems extend far beyond being an "LOH."

8. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

I'm not a sports "fan" ie fanatic. I enjoy watching the game of basketball. This does not extend into some idiotic, amoral celebration of anything someone on "my" team does or says.

You can enjoy watching rockets basketball WITHOUT celebrating a vile and disgusting action, much less CELEBRATING a vile and disgusting action.

What's next: a gif or meme celebrating the killing of an opposing team's fan? I wouldn't put it past some of you.

9. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

The thread title is interesting in and of itself: Bev's got a rep now as a dirty player. A player willing to cheap shot an opposing player, thereby potentially altering the course of a playoff series.

If that's what being a "rockets fan" is all about, you're on your own.

Play great defense. PRAISE great defense. Don't chop block an opposing team's player's legs, and certainly don't do it AFTER the whistle's been blown. And don't create threads or try to invent meme's celebrating dirty play. What the f--- is wrong with you guys?

There is a certain line you don't cross. Beverley knows what he did is wrong. He's trying to move beyond that.

What's sick is when his some of his brain dead fans attempt to canonize him for it.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Your opinion is based on the assumption that he injured Westbrook deliberately. I'm sure those who don't find him deplorable base that opinion on the assumption that it was not deliberate. Unless you are Beverley himself, you can't say for sure. As someone who happens to think it was accidental, I will say that I also think it was pretty reckless and very unfortunate.

That said, I don't think the people who joke about Bev taking players out are genuinely advocating intentionally hurting other players. It's become a running joke -- nothing more, nothing less.

11. KlutchQT

You're really comparing (1) a random homicidal act, and (2) an injury inflicted during a contact sport? Honestly? LOL.

12. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

Incorrect. My condemnation is for the sick SOB who created the meme in the first place.

What we know for certain is that Beverley

1. lowers his shoulder and dives at knee level,

2. AFTER the whistle has blown.

3. recklessly charges after Westbrook AGAIN.

Again, I enjoy basketball. I can't ever condone or excuse play like this. I'm not a fan of westbrook's style of basketball, but he showed enormous self restraint by not attempting to retaliate.

It's very obvious many of you have never played basketball. You try this in a gym and you're asking to get your a-- kicked.

13. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

Read the meme: "I'll take him out." That's what you clowns are celebrating. The metaphor is very clear. Stop trying to act as if it's a cute little joke. We all know what it's trying to imply.

Look at the metaphors in this thread: "grim reaper," "I'll take him out."

And then, out of the other sides of your mouths: "oh, it's just a joke." "lighten up."

OWN what you are writing and saying or STFU.

I'm sure you all find the okc ballboy's threat "very funny" and an immensely witty "joke."

It shows you how stupid and hypocritical some people can be hiding behind a sports team and their keyboard for camouflage.

14. KlutchQT

How is what I took from your post incorrect, when you posted this:

Obviously, you think it was more than reckless -- you think it was deliberate. Other people do not. Granted, I've not exhausted every post on this board, but you're actually the only person I've seen (either here, among other Rockets fans I know, or in sports media) who has accused him of doing it deliberately. But like I said, none of us are Bev -- so I can't say for sure, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I'm likewise entitled to my opinion, and I don't have to play basketball to express it. I think the meme is a joke, and clearly you don't. So I guess I'm scum, which is fine with me. :cool:

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

The play you are talking about is perfectly legal basketball play that players all over the league do. It was not malicious nor was it worth the amount of venom you are spewing.

and on a board-related note.....I rarely see much from you except spite and anger at other members, Im warning you now to chill with that or your time here will be short.

16. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

I think what he's alluding to is that, when the harm of another human being is involved, there is a pretty clear line between enjoying serendipitous luck and openly celebrating the perpetrator. The latter touches very, very closely to openly wanting players to intentionally injure others just because the results would be in your favor.

Some people are having a very hard time separating the two because their desire for the Rockets to win is overwhelming their basic morality.

If you really don't think it's a problem, then I suggest you consider what it would be like if someone threw up that GIF of Bev in the stands and started cheering loudly immediately after Westbrook was injured. I'm pretty sure the words "tasteless" and "classless" would come to mind for the vast majority of people.

17. KlutchQT

You are so ridiculous right now. Tell me -- do you HONESTLY, HONESTLY, HONESTLY, in your heart of hearts think that the use of the terms "grim reaper" and "take them out" means that people are encouraging Beverley or anybody else to murder opposing players? I really, really hope I'm reading your post incorrectly. I really do.

You just can't seem to accept that your opinion/interpretation isn't the only one. I've said a million times that you're entitled to think what you want, yet you're hurling insults (clown, stupid, hypocritical, etc.) because someone doesn't agree with you. And the link to my twitter, which has several photos of me, is right in my signature. I'm not hiding behind anything. I simply disagree with you.... if you can't handle that without being disrespectful, skip by my posts. ;)

18. KlutchQT

And really, the fact that you suggested in another thread that Bev continued his "dirty" play on Saturday by (gasp) stealing the ball from an opposing PG is all I needed to read in order to know that a logical debate was beyond possibility.

1 person likes this.
  19. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

Wow, your "ability" to twist and distort what someone else is writing is truly magnificent and mind boggling.

20. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

i love beverley

he is like the guy on every pickup team that you want on your side

not very skilled, not very good at anything but just tries super hard and is effective. gets some loose balls, bumps and grinds opponents, gets them injured and nicked up. we just need a PF version of him and our team will be ready