1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX]Olajuwon: Dwight Howard, Jeremy Lin 'combination is very deadly'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eomor131, Sep 18, 2013.

1. gate470

gate470 Rookie

ABJ's out in full force. Nice.

2. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

This kind of reasoning and mentality is why people think the attack on Lin is so unfair and perhaps racially based. D. Will makes $20 million, so is he 20 times better than PB? John Walls is up there too, so is he 18 times better than PB? Parson makes pennies compared to everybody else. So are the other stars 20+ times better than Parson? There are so many guys in the league making tons of money and they never played a game or never performed well to justify the money. So why Lin has been singled out for this kind of malicious attack? He has performed well after ASG, shooting 42% 3s in Feb and 40% in Jan. He led the high octane uptempo game of Houston to blow out some of the top playoff teams and the youngest team of NBA made playoff beyond expectation. Consider other comparable pgs, Lillard, Calderon, Walls, Evans, Lowry, Rubio, Dragic etc., many of them playing in older teams with team-mates who have been together for a while, there did their teams go? None of these pgs get this kind of hate from their team fans. So unfair to Lin.

3. AVoiceInACrowd

It's not really my argument, it's more my belief that the majority of people are influenced more by the merit of someone's words as opposed to someone's join date.

From what I can tell, the last few responses before you wrote are about toes being on the line and not about Lin having a target on his back. But, let's say they were so we can discuss it. I'm not following your logic. There are over 50k posters on clutchfans. How is a "few posts" indicative of how a majority of people are influenced?

No, Tinman stresses join date just for the sake of stressing join date. If it was his first time or even his 5th time I wouldn't say anything. But, it's become spam.

Everyone knows how Lin was treated "before he was even in the NBA" on clutchfans. As if he was non-existent since no one knew about him then.

4. AVoiceInACrowd

You do realize that you've already responded to that post yesterday? And that I responded back and you responded to my response to your response and blah,blah blah. Do you have alzheimers and can't remember? If so, I apologize for bringing up such a touchy topic.

2. An endorsement from a person with delusions of grandeur (and possibly alzheimers) doesn't carry much weight. Btw, define "your" meaning of 99% pure, just curious.

3. What kind of person would make such a big deal out of calling clutchfans a public forum (I could understand if I said, den of idiots, or something insulting. Why not take offense to people calling the Rockets a basketball team, when all "true" Rockets fans would never say that, since they are the culmination of all things good in this world)? Someone who can't come up with a well thought out response.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

My point is fans who joined this board when Lin joined the Rockets would not have an idea of the history of the general opinions regarding Lin. So people who have been saying that Lin has always been hated here have no idea what they are talking about because they only joined last year.

6. AVoiceInACrowd

Honestly, I haven't been following your discussion because I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. I don't know the context of what was said back and forth previously, but what you wrote above makes sense.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Newbs having reading comprehension problems.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He has spoken:eek:

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Just because they're new at posting doesn't mean they haven't browsed the forums before. Likewise, it doesn't mean they can't go back and read posts from before they joined.

I guess that would explain why so many of the LOHs are merely trolls that joined in the last year or so.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I seriously doubt people are going back and reading the old threads, especially the Lin thread in new York .

If they did read it, one members name would have risen by the Lin fans as their adversary.

11. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

When our pick was going down the toilet thanks to Linsanity and Tankers reigned supreme, there were plenty of Lin haters then as well, and the hate movement against just got started with several former players and analysts claiming Lin was just due to his race. I don't know which days of everyone loving Lin you were talking about. And as for he who shall not be named, I'm sure he's still here just switching user names here and there.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

say his name then

look at the your join date, you didn't join clutchfans during Lin's stint in New York or before, so you can't possibly know how the state of the board was back then.

nice try though.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you will see Bev or Lin finish games based on the situation. They are two very different point guards, and that's not a bad thing, it gives us the ability to put two different looks in depending on the way the game is unfolding.

It's definitely fluid. And both of them are very good role players.

I really think they make a good 1-2 punch combo at pg. And I think with Harden - that trio of guards can be a championship caliber back court if both Lin and Bev continue to mature. I doubt either will see their game transform, but they will gain in confidence and decision making now. And can be more accurate. These are the things that usually improve.

Our issue really is at the 4. If we can be decent at that position, we are a threat for sure. Too bad we couldn't get LMA - this might be the best healthy Rockets team since 97.

1 person likes this.
  14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes, but if Jeremy and Dwight are as deadly as advertised, it would be a no brainer to have Jeremy finish games.

15. jayland

jayland Member

The combination of Jeremy seating on bench while Beverly plays with Howard is ever deadlier. :grin: jk

16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

people often forget clutchfans isn't the only rockets site out there.

17. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Are you talking about wannabee donkey ass-kisser and bet welcher GlenRice? Or the race-baiting successor Sigmund who is probably the same guy with the same rhetoric? Or the supposed Rocket fan who does nothing except make "Lin Low-lights" youtube videos instead or Rocket high-light videos? Or the various LOH accounts created since then to troll CF by the same few guys probably?

Just because someone hasn't joined CF by a certain date doesn't mean they weren't reading and lurking.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

We'll see. I am sure it will work out to what's going to be the best for winning.

People will claim to know better than the coaching staff here, but I think McHale is going to do what wins the most games, end of discussion.

20. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Good points. I seem to remember a time around the mid-1990's when a two-headed point guard system worked pretty well for the Rockets. Around the same time when the stars of the team were a center and a shooting guard. Kind of like the situation now. :cool:

As far as the 4, well, hopefully TJones or DMo are ready to do more. If not, Smith can do some work there or you can slide Chandler over there like a 2013 version of Horry. We may see more small ball because of this, as I know someone else mentioned before (I think in this thread, but not sure).