1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Come on breh, step yo game up. Lol

Watch Kuroko's basketball or something in preparation for season 2 and the NBA Season. :)

2. mikennite

mikennite Member

lol. any updates on season 2?

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

read yesterday that the release date is scheduled as oct 5 :)

I can't wait. I've avoided reading the manga so that I wouldn't know what happens next... I may have to give in to that after this second season finishes.

4. Hayesfan

I avoided it for quite some time because it looked too gruesome and depressing but the characters are very compelling... so I marathon-ed it and watched caught up in one night (a long night, but it was worth it)

and yall don't spoil me.. I'm avoiding this manga until the end of the season as well.. I think there are only 2 episodes left :(

5. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

This upcoming fall so prepare your body!

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i watched the first episode of Attack on Titan yesterday. that was freakin' INTENSE. i'm kind of afraid to read previous posts or look up more info about it because of possible spoilers. i'm going to finish FMA: Brotherhood before continuing AoT. can someone tell me how many episodes AoT consists of? has the series finished?

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There is only one MAJOR spoiler a few pages back in this thread, but you would have to hunt AND read between the lines to find it. There isn't much discussion on AoT here except for the occasional "AoT is awesome" here and there. you should watch the first 10 episodes first if you choose to go back and read this thread.

AoT has almost finished it's run of 25 episodes; I think they are on episode 22. They have 25 episodes planned and an OVA, but considering how popular it is, I see them doing another season.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It's pretty obvious who the female Titan is

9. mikennite

mikennite Member

My body is ready :cool:

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I marathoned it yesterday and it's intense non-stop. I would recommend not watching more than four because you spot certain annoying things once you get used to the pacing and tension. Just stop at one episode halfway to avoid watching the next one from cliffhanger.

As mentioned it's crazy depressing and reminds me of one of those WW2 movies or Band of Brothers.

There's 22 so far, but a normal season is 26. I think there was a filler episode so the total could be 25.

I also read the manga (addictive personality) and the episodes so far cover 2/3s of the available material. So unless the series takes a totally different direction from the source material, I don't see a full 2nd season.

11. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Wonder how they're going to finish it up. I decided to read the Manga because I couldn't hold back. But it seem like the Manga isn't close to finishing and the anime is catching up fast in the story line. So either we're going to wait a long while for a second season or the anime breaks away from the manga (like FMA and Claymore). Either way its undesirable. :(

12. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

There WILL be another season no doubt about it, just a matter of when that will be. Since AoT is a monthly series I belive, I'd give it about 2 years before we see a season 2 imo.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I did a rough estimate: 22 episodes so far...and 31 for the manga. That's around a 3 episodes per 4.5 manga chapters. Possibly 3 eps remaining and 18 chapters that aren't transcribed yet.

Assuming the next block of 3 episodes takes 4 chapters, then that's roughly 35 chapters for 25 episodes.

With 14 chapters remaining, there's 21 chapters that'd need to be filled in for a translation from the source material. Or they could do something like Full Metal Alchemist and redo the series later. I think FMA split from the source like a 1/4 through though.

14. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Another interesting show I came across this season that I'm enjoying.

Stella Women’s Academy, High School Division Class C3

About a girl who joins a high school club that does military style survival games shooting each other with airsoft guns. I like it at least lol.

15. Hayesfan

I thought I might know who it was as well... But I'm still watching cause they may surprise me.

I didn't think it would be as emotionally exhausting as is it though. That last episode just made me cry like Eren at the end.

If the series is running that close to the manga I will probably read it when the series finishes in a couple weeks.

16. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

17. Hayesfan

Shiny! Two I know I'll be watching is meganebu and kuroko 2... Other than that I have no idea about the rest

I just finished another that I enjoyed today. Two seasons of working!

It was light and funny... Just what I needed after my AOT marathon :)

18. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

Oh nice.. stuff I'm looking forward to:

Magi Season 2
    Pupa (read some of the manga, this looks incredibly dark and twisted)
    Valvrave Season 2
    and maybe Strike the Blood if it's not too much slice of school life crap.

19. Hayesfan

What is Magi?

Also, I checked out that Strike the Blood since you mentioned it :) It looks pretty good, so I'll likely add that one to my list. I like the slice of school life crap, so that won't bother me if it's got a lot of it.

20. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Also the anime teaser Cowboy_Bebop posted called space dandy is set to air this winter.

@hayesfan

I don't know a lot about magi, but from what I saw from the preview on Crunchyroll, its about magic and fanservice lol.