1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What event occurred around the time you joined Clutchfans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marteen, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Lin made me join :)

2. Maikeru

Maikeru Member

Lunar eclipse..no actually I was watching p*rn and then heard that Lin was traded to Houston which made me look like an azz because I told my girlfriend that there was no way on earth that the Knicks would trade him. So I Googled Lin + Houston and arrived here. It has been educational and highly entertaining ever since I joined.

3. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Member of the original site. Don't recall when I joined that site, but had always been looking for something like Clutch City/Clutch Fans for the Rockets and there was basically nothing like it at the time. So I was thrilled when Clutch made the original site.

Was dormant here for years, Lin brought me back. I still kept my eye on the team in the interim, but didn't post much.

4. jlfans

jlfans Member

Lin. No doubt about it.

5. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

I joined right after the Newtown school shooting, needed an escape from the fear, hatred, and negativity of reality.

6. opticon

opticon Member

I started lurking during our lotto season and became a member because back then if you where not a member when the server would get really busy you would not be allowed to get in.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The Spring of 1999. I was looking for some information about the Rockets, and stumbled onto what was then called ClutchCity.com. So I followed the discussions about that draft, read the scoop from "The Mall Guy," who overheard a conversation at a mall in Houston essentially saying we were going to trade for Francis (and a bunch of folks here didn't believe him), and the scoop from an insider, Popeye, saying pretty much the same thing. Why I waited 3 years to register? Beats the hell out of me. I usually blame Behad and Mango, who used to give "newbies" some grief if they didn't follow accepted practices here. Honestly, Mango and Behad had the right idea. "Newbies" deserve some grief if they ignore some basic rules around here!

8. bigkstrong

bigkstrong Contributing Member

James Posey became a RFA.

#128 bigkstrong, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Been reading since before this place had a real domain name and clutch was writing the super Mario (Elie) articles. So I guess right around the Barkley trade.

#129 rockbox, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Lurked for a while before I joined. Before Quitten. Before Francis. Before we drafted Mirshad Turkan and Bryce Drew over rashard Lewis balling his eyes out in the green room. We might be talking Roderick Rhodes time period.

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I found out clutchfans, back in 96 or 97, but only read the articles on the home page, I didnt want to register because I didnt understand english very well.

so I joined in 2003, and it was the time, the Toyota Center opened for the first time, and they were revealing the current jerseys for the first time.

12. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

I can't lie. Ron Artest.

13. Nawad70

Nawad70 Member

That's funny

14. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

the year when rox signed trevor ariza.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

My join date is what it is because that's when I decided to change my username.

Joined initially back in '98. So I've had this username for almost half as long as I've been a member here. Not quite, but almost.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

if someone could let me know what was my first post. I don't remember at all. Maybe getting ready for playoffs or eliminated.

17. McRaggize

McRaggize Member

I have forgotten the details when I started to post in this forum. Maybe I just wanted to improve my English at that time.

18. entaro

entaro Member

Yao Ming happened..... :)

19. seeingred

seeingred Member

Ron Artest. I like all sports but it's hard for me to really be a hardcore fan of a team unless I can dig the players. Biggio and Bagwell kept me interested in the Astros for over a decade even in the years when it was obvious they were the only real talent in the lineup. I started following the Texans when they drafted Cushing. I just knew the guy was someone I wanted to see play every down of his career.

with the rockets, the idea of adding Crazy Pills Ron to McGrady and Yao was too good to pass up. didn't last long but it included the Lakers series and that was enough to get me hooked.

20. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member