1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac thanks Houston on Facebook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Member

When he was playing well, it was an incredible thing to watch. I don't hold grudges.

Anyone who thinks every professional athlete should have a Kobe-mentality are ridiculous. Kobe is going to be in a wheelchair in 10 years, and I don't blame anyone for trying to avoid that. I also don't think anyone who considers anything but a championship a failure just as absurd. If you can't enjoy watching the sport otherwise, then you shouldn't be a fan.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Kobe is more likely to will him self to walk...TMac on the other hand is probably gonna look for someone else to push him along...

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

All the TMAC hate aside...thank you for the good memories. You were a special player. I wish you the best in your future endeavors...

4. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I will always be proud to say T-Mac played for the Rockets. I will always appreciate him regardless of how he acted toward the end. I would be frustrated as well. You people are too sensitive. He put on the damn Jersey, he is therefore representing us. Dude was hurt.

Thank you, T-Mac. I enjoyed your time in Houston but sure do wish we had brought home that trophy.

5. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

Thanks Tmac. Not gonna hate on you at all because you did more for us in 4 years than againast us in 2. Fav player of all time, grew up watching him, and ever try to model my basketball game after him

6. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

McGrady's biggest regret was playing through a knee injury when Yao announced that he would be out for the season.

He played his heart off with a knee injury in the 07-08 season and it took its toll.

His knee was never the same.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Because plebes of low intelligence tend to hold ridiculous grudges and cannot properly analyze and assess situations. If they could, they'd realize while T-Mac had some bad qualities, for the most part he gave everything to this city. He's done lots of charity work. And he always respects Houston, unlike some other people who these same plebes like to adore, i.e. Charles Barkley.

8. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

It's an honor for me to witness him grace that red and white uni. Still and always will be one of my favorite basketball players ever. Both in and out of the court. Thanks a lot T-Mac.

9. damunkster

damunkster Member

nice gesture, ill accept the olive branch

1 person likes this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Congrats on your first rep. :)

11. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

And that might be the main reason for his *apathy* in 2009.

Guy took 2 weeks off and finally decided to fix his knee. He didn't talk to the team first, but who knows, maybe because the team had been pushing him to play with his injury for too long. We all know Les never want a real tank-and-rebuild season.

There is always more than one side of every story.

12. scottie brooks

Brooks shed tears and apologized in an interview. He was also ultimately able to accept his role on the team. I could never be mad at Brooks after that. Kobe is a d bag.

13. rju1986

rju1986 Member

I'm not sure if his 'thanks' was on him, or on us. jk, your welcome tmac.

14. rju1986

rju1986 Member

you're* [calmeth down grammar nazis]

15. elrond

elrond Member

Let's look at the alternative...5 more years with Francis/Mobley and whoever else that got shipped out? Would that have been preferable to having Mcgrady? Hopefully we can all agree that even though we were unable to get far in the playoffs, having Mcgrady on the team was definitely preferable to the alternative.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Brooks was already replaced by Lowry.
    The difference is Kobe didn't blow like Tracy did.

If only Tracy took an entire season off instead of rushing back.

17. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

wam wam wam all i see is you crying as you type.

18. dudeimfromhtown

he averaged like 24 points per game with like 5.6 rpg and 5 apg with yao idk how he didnt work hard enough :confused:

19. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

He takes an early vacation every May and June while other NBA players are still working

20. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

All this hostility for a man who gave his heart and soul to us. Sure, he made some mistakes but who doesn't? If you have never made a mistake then please, throw the first stone.

He literally cried after trying to put the team on his back and bring us to the 2nd round in the playoffs. T-Mac will always be a Rocket in the true fan's heart.