1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PS4 or Xbox One, which are you buying?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OldfanofTmac, Aug 27, 2013.

Tags:
?

Which are you buying?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2013.
  1. PS4

71 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. Xbox One

29 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

XBONE

Friends
    COD servers

#21 LCAhmed, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

why cant the NBA do a deal with the developers with 2k and Sony and get a bundle going with the PS4 and 2k13 on their website, seems like a lost business investment..

anyways PS4 s going to be the better console, but Xbox One will have the better games for their console

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

whatever itll just be my '2k14/GTAV' machine

4. LCAhmed

GTA V isnt next gen bro. Only ps3/xbox 360/pc

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

To be fair, it isn't official for PC, and I'd almost put the same odds of a PS4/XBO version as I would a PC version (should be an "easy" port to PS4/XBO if they release a PC version).

6. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Guess you did not hear that Zipper is dead:(

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Microsoft's platform had a much higher percentage of 8-16 year old douche bags playing online. I'll stick to Sony. The Gentleman's console.

8. LCAhmed

If only playing with friends was a better online experience for Sony. I had both ps3 and xbox360 and Hands down xbox was the better online experience (group chat, cross game chat, etc.) Sony with it's bluetooth connection was nice, but lack of chat option KILLED it for my friends and I. If PS4 really does fix that, I may end up buying the PS4 sooner rather than later.

9. A00man

A00man Member

I believe the PS4 has cross game chat and group chat implemented now.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

7 out of 10 buying PS4 on here.

Microsoft is in trouble.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Some will be buying both, and you need to factor how many people voting are 360 guys vs PS3 guys.

I'll eventually get an XBone, but probably wait until a price drop. Not going to drop a bunch of money for a system and new games.

#32 juicystream, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  13. juicystream

Regularly on sale for $35/yr as well. Not a big deal unless you have multiple accounts.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

PS4, will wait til late next year to allow the library to build and an improved version to come out.

Ive been a playstation loyalist since 97 thanks to FF7, to date the only games that made me wish i had another system are Zelda and Halo 2. Not to mention what few RPG's that do come out are usually playstation exclusives.

But to be fair if I bought an X-Box first, I would probably still be playing X-Box I'm scared of change.

15. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

PS4.

All of the friends I game with use a Playstation and they also plan on getting a PS4. For me it's as simple as that.

16. juicystream

Why not buy a Wii or WiiU? Certainly the Wii is cheap enough to buy now just for Zelda and the Virtual Console. Plus they have Xenoblade Chronicles which has such great reviews.

17. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

are there any vids of demos of PS+ whether for PS3 or PS4? i think i'm going to go PS4, i havent had a PS since PS2 (went with 360 last gen w/consoles)

xbox live was really main feature for me, i'm just kind of curious how the presentation is. it easy to send/receive messages, set up chats/games etc? or are they basically just revamping the entire PS+ so we don't know exactly?

i mean i'm sure it will be fine, but just wondering, would like to see it in action.

18. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

PS4. Wife got me a preorder for Father's day. If I had the choice it would have been PS4 anyway. I have it all paid off and am just waiting for launch day.

19. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Xbox One for now, and will probably end up getting a PS4 later. Xbox Live and my preference for the controller (especially for FPS) helped give the Xbox One a slight edge. Oh yea, and a little game called Titanfall. I usually don't sit there and watch youtube videos of games, but I simply cannot get enough of Titanfall at the moment.

20. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Just to clarify, PS+ isn't the service, but the subscription plan. The service is PSN. PS+ is required to play online (or play most games anyway), but you can do a lot of stuff without it, and it offers more than XBL (free games, discounts, cloud saves, etc.).

The UI and PSN service for PS4 isn't really well known. Sony is pretty much revamping everything. Only things we have are these two videos (and a few other pics of the UI IIRC):
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S3Gx6RytpZo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EaPoLJyDZmM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can look at how PS3/Vita does things, but think PS4 might work a little differently (likely all for the better).