1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roy Hibbert jacked

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Commodore, Aug 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Still don't like the guy. I hope Dwight embarrasses him this season.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

One armed 110 lb dumbbell press. Considering the length of his arm, that is sick. I used to be able to do that but my arms are half the length.

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/hOmI5M7jjKr/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Maybe now he can finally shoot 50%? I can't explain why his shooting percentage fell so much last year. His per 36 numbers are still good, but how in the hell does he not shoot at least 50%?

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Wrist injury. He suffered a small tear in his shooting wrist during the 2012 playoffs vs Miami, and he started the season with a lot of stiffness.

He actually started the season shooting under 40% (the first couple months). It kept gradually improving. The last few months and the playoffs were above 50%.

That said, Hibbert is not an Asik or Tyson Chandler, he takes some few longer shots, so he's never going to be far above 50%. Maybe slightly above, or slightly below, when healthy.

5. da1

da1 Member

That's Jessie James Leija, a retired boxer from San Antonio who was world champion twice. He does conditioning for the Spurs now.

6. SK34

SK34 Member

Okay so you're a heat fan then you can't really say much to negate what he did against them. He was an absolute beast. Even if he didn't do all that well when he started, at least he finished strong. My point is, it doesn't really matter how you start but it matters what you do in the playoffs. He proved his worth. Now we have to see what he can do from the beginning to the end. He isn't the best C because he doesn't play consistently throughout the season and playoffs like Howar does, but you can't deny he is a great player and has the ability to be the best C (well not now since Howard worked out with Hakeem a lot).

Btw I'm not a pacers fan or a heat fan. I'm a ROF (rockets only fan) lol

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm just curious but why is a pacers player allowed to work with the Spurs team? You'd think TD and the rest of the Spurs staff wouldn't want to help an opponent from the other team, and the Pacers should be worried TD is trying to pirate him to come to the SPurs once he becomes an FA again.

Also isn't this a slap in the face to the entire Pacers coaching staff? Hibbert obviously thinks his time is better spent training with the Spurs than working out with his own team.

9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Players from separate teams workout together all the time in the offseason. I believe Lebron and Durant worked out together last summer.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

The Pacers coaching staff doesn't have a Tim Duncan for Hibbert to train with, so why would it be a slap in their face.

11. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

He should keep the workout vids to a minimum lol

look at me guys I so strong now! Fck haterz!

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why does Hibbert need a Tim Duncan to train with in the first place, isn't the trainers more important than the training partner? To put it another way the Spurs doesn't have Hibbert for TD to train with, and yet he isn't going to the Pacers to train with. What it says to me is Hibbert's basically saying the Spurs traning people know what they're doing and the Pacers training staff don't.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

But they do. :p

Who knows, if Duncan didn't have David Robinson early in his career, he might've been spending summers with Hakeem. Duncan is an all timer, there's nothing but positive in it for Hibbert.

Hibbert isn't really going to have opportunities like Durant or Harden have in the Olympics, where they get to train with other greats and observe and learn from them, borrow little things like training methods and schedules.
    Hibbert isn't eligible for team USA anymore because he represented Jamaica when he was still a scrub. So he's not going to get those opportunities. His choices are to buy lessons from someone like Hakeem or Kareem, or to go and spend a summer training with Duncan, Garnett or such.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Hibbert didn't even average a double double. For a 7-2 guy with his physical gifts that's kind of sad. Omer Asik played better than Hibbert did last season.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A small tear? What a baby! Grown man do not cry.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

I love Omer's work ethic; I hope he stays if it could work out. He gives it all, lots of heart. Hibbert is impressive, a giant, but it seems like he loafs a bit during the regular season. Got to love Omer's attitude.

17. ejarts

ejarts Member

as long as someone beats the heat, I don't care who wins the finals. ofcourse my rockets would be awesome but we have 2 more years to contend in finals.

18. afk

afk Member

"What? Duncan is recruiting Roy Hibbert? Get er' down Bufford!" - Spurs Fan

19. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Thought that was parson...

I'll take away my fan card for a while

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Pacers were the best rebounding team in the NBA last season.

Bottom line is, you don't know what you are talking about.