1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Troll Hunter 8/10 - Been hearing a lot about this Norwegian film. The title stinks of cheese so i always overlooked it. It's a cross between Blair Witch project and the playstation game, Shadow of Collossus. I know, strange combination. but it works. Available on netflix.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I really enjoyed that movie, has a great sense of humor about itself too.

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

the cave scene had me rolling.

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

The Intouchables- 8.5/10

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Saw that a while back, definitely a good flick.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm sick and needing a movie for the night...

Somebody hit me with a suggestion

7. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

Sharknado

8. SexyButIgnorant

The Butler 7/10

Forest Whitaker and Oprah were very good in their roles. However, i felt the movie outside of the family drama wasn't done very well. Almost all the presidents were miscast and terribly written, the MLK scene was just historical service, and lots of it felt rushed. Outside of that, enjoyed it.

I bet some conservative viewers (and im pretty conservative) are gonna get bothered about the final minutes with Obama. But I understood the drama over his election being about the actual idea about a black president rather than Obama himself.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I know why they did the end that way, just to come full circle on the race issue, but just for the sake of the movie I thought it was pretty tacky. This movie in twenty years would proably come off better since the ending would be more historical in nature than just recent stuff. The acting was pretty damn good though. Enjoyed it but it was too long.

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The World's End

Good, fun movie. Not quite on par with Shaun of the Dead, but as good as Hot Fuzz. I think it definitely has the deepest character development of the three.

7.5/10

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The millers, that's the next hmmm... mclovin movie. Funny 8.4

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't know where my post went from yesterday, I guess I must have forgotten to click submit. Oh well...

The Internship - 2/10

Holy schitte that was bad. I'll save you the trouble and tell you that Vince and Owen won the internship challenge and got the job at Google. I don't know what kind of 40 year olds they were trying to paint in this movie, but it is a nonexistent stereotype. What 40 year old don't know the word "online"... seriously? Also being schooled by children on X-Men... what? They're 40, they grew up reading the comics and probably saw the cartoons in the 90's. They should have infinitely more knowledge than today's children. Also, how the hell did they manage to squeeze in a love story? Pulled a fast one on me. Vince Vaughn took a stale formula, and made absolutely no creative changes. I only gave this a 2 because I like the genre.

The Lockout - 7/10

Read Bebop's review and decided to give this a go. Pretty fun movie and I was thoroughly entertained. Guy Pearce delivered his one liners and Taken's daughter was hot.

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

drinking buddies - 7/10

i watched this movie last night, and really enjoyed it. i believe it was improvised, so the dialogue never really flows. i know they were trying to be true to life here, and i did cringe when some awkward conversations reminded me of how my friends and i must interact, but some moments seemed over (under?) done. and jesus ron livingston's character was so weird, there's a scene with anna kendrick that was just painful to watch, because she was really weird too. i guess i just don't know enough weirdos to find that scene true to life. but overall very entertaining movie, gosh i <3 olivia wilde.

14. Nero

Nero Member

NOT SURE IF SERIOUS...

Lockout is one of the worst movies in movie history. I am pretty sure they did the special effects on a PS1.

Terrible terrible movie.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Gatsby 5/10.

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Kick Azz 2: 5/10 I know a sequel is never as good as the first one but I thought it would come close, but I was wrong.

17. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Mclovin can't carry a movie. Was Jim Carey any good?

18. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

He was aight...but again, just thrown together and rushed...

19. conquistador#11

Watched Half nelson last night. Don't know how I missed this back in 06, maybe because I had a lot of drama goin' on. I give it a perfect 10/10 with a fist bump! everything about it was superb. It could have been a long episode of the wire season 4 =)

I have a marathon night planned with amy adams soon/will post details!

20. 713

713 Member

Anybody seeing Getaway tonight? I heard it's pretty good.