1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: Dream big, be yourself

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TTNN, Aug 18, 2013.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

SSP365 created a thread about believing in God in the DD

now i understand why he hates lin preaching about God so much

it's because SSP doesn't believe in god.
    this is just sad

2. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

People were too quick to judge the Knicks and their players when they called Lin "big headed".

4. Arthurprescott2

I don't believe in God either, but I don't have that much hate in me for anything (except for spiders - I really hate spiders).

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Lin did get the max allowable salary allowed by rule for a 3 year deal. I do think it was based part on potential but I think a big part was making the contract less likely for NY to match.

6. hltiki

hltiki Member

Respect to Hakeem, but you, me, and all your friends in Houston can attest to the fact that the best player in the world at that time wasn't playin in Houston, nor was he playin in the NBA.

That's right, he was drafted in 96 and would win his first ring 4 years later.

haha i kid again.. :) nothing pisses houstonians off like saying the name of he who cant be named.

7. errpac

errpac Member

Dude relax and just don't click on the link

Dude relax and just don't click on the link if you don't want to see what he has to say. He obviously has a lot of loyal fans that do care or else there wouldn't be LOF and 20,000 people who go to just see him talk. Him being Chinese obviously going to generate a lot of fans that are interested in his : asia tours, social media videos, interviews, lisantiy movie, and commercials. The guy wants to give his fans what they want, its what sports and anyone in the spotlight should do. It's better then brushing off the little kid that just wants a autograph. If you don't like it, don't click on the links or watch the videos. You seem more full of yourself or jealous by making a comment like that because first no one cares what you think, and second everyone knows if you don't like it, its your job to not go view the videos, why come out and complain about something that you did to yourself.

8. jayland

jayland Member

Messiah complex. jk

9. SSP365

SSP365 Member

delusions of grandeur by jeremy lin. he's just like his thirsty fanbase.

this guy utters the words he's suppose the be the savior/franchise player but somehow people find away to defend his literal spoken words with ridiculous "its taken out of context" defense.

It just goes to show you if you put up a fake, humble, nice guy front, people will defend you to the ends of the earth.

Invoke religion into it and you get warlike kamikaze zealots on your side.

10. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

"supposed to" just means that's what Morey told him when they recruited him.

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

[​IMG]

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

still sad that clutch locked up ur thread?

[​IMG]

13. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Lol. Just put him on your ignore list.

14. SSP365

SSP365 Member

lmfaaoooo the only one butt hurt here are the Lin zealots.

Their idol's words speak for themselves.

Then again he really didnt say those things because they were "taken out of context" doe right????

lmfaaaooo

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I realize people forget the Houston part of Houston rockets

16. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

You know, back in high school losers and douchbags had no right no say anything, anything they say or do will be laughed at, the best case for them is to try and disappear. Anyone who's caught next to them or even talking to them will be marked, they lose their friends, if any.

SSP365 is a very good example of a high school loser, prolly a victim of bullying. If you reply to a loser or a douchbag, you will be marked as a loser yourself, embarrassing, yes.

But the most embarrassing thing is arguing with a mental r****dation imbecile.
    As far as I know SSP365 could be a 233 lb 5'5 who sits on his ass all day looking at exotic pictures.

Hey don't get me wrong, I love SSP365 I wish him the most success in life, but the truth is the truth.

17. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Thats unfair man. I wouldn't come to conclusions like that about someone you've never met before.

19. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

He's clearly telling a simplified story of his storybook rise and his houston setbacks while adding exaggerations to make it more dramatic and overstate his hubris IN ORDER TO MAKE A POINT to the kids in the audience.

It's like when a screenwriter writes a film 'based on a true story'. The real story is probably not as dramatic and complicated. But if you have to tell a 'parable' to kids to teach an important lesson, of course he'll tell it like this.

Still, that "coaches were losing faith in me" bit is an eye opener.

20. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

I HATE SPIDERS WITH A PASSION. YEARS OF SPIDER BITES.. YEARS OF EM!