1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There's Really NOTHING WRONG with USING Performance Enhancing Drugs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SSP365, Aug 5, 2013.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You know when someone is this passionate about PEDs, he's compensating for lack of natural physical attributes.

It was fun SSP365. But I am still utterly convinced you are a moron, and I don't think they have any PEDs that can cure that, sorry brah.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

This has gotta be the case.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't know man...the suretell sign to me are people dramatically losing their gains and more when they stop taking certain PEDs.

As some of them act as hormone replacements and enhancers, I doubt female athletes would get the same effects from food as an androgen based PED.

Overall, I don't have doubts that some PEDs can be worked in a controlled and contained manner where one could cycle a cocktail on and off to reduce physiological dependency. OTOH, what works for one person could be debilitating for another. It's a tricky science and as our scientific knowledge of how our bodies respond grows, the lines will get blurrier and blurrier.

Yet, allowing PEDs or condoning its usage sets a deliberately bad example to the millions of players who play the sport in hopes of emulating those chosen few who make it into the professional leagues. Plus, the lines get murkier for college students as they're technically adults but are held in a state of educational bondage as they can't get paid for their accolades and the only way to cash on it is to perform better and gain exposure to pro scouts.

No **** people cheat when millions are on the line, but to do it blatantly ruins what makes sports great to people who play it for fun.

The all cheater league is also a bad idea as the audience would gravitate towards it for the bloodlust novelty of a trainwreck waiting to happen. As it becomes a billion dollar industry, ie its first major tv contract, they'd have enough clout to fast track designer drugs into approval.

Ultimately I don't think "the purity of the sport" ever enters into the equation for pro leagues, but sports in itself is a larger world than the microcosm of pro leagues. By supporting PEDs for the elite .001%, it sets a bad precedent for everyone else. It allows hot headed semi-raging morons to post here thinking that the PED use he's taken would be equivalent to a pro player's pressures of an intense 3 hour game and the preparation he takes before it.

1 person likes this.
  4. SSP365

SSP365 Member

i would never use peds, but i would never hold it against anybody for wanting too.

I wish i can say it was fun, but dealing with mental midgets who think the word "brah" is cool can be vexing:

lmfaaaoooooo

5. RedRedemption

Haha, you keep coming back.
    Really though, because you're the one here proclaiming PEDs are going to be the future lifeblood of all mankind. Ingenuity of man. Lol.

Own it bro. You know you want those sweet PEDs pumping through your veins.
    Also, it is really. Really sad when even after all this time you haven't realized I was using brah to play a character. There really is no hope for you. :(

I seriously wonder how long before you start advocating athletes to amputate their legs and arms for cybernetic replacements.

Seriously though stop posting haha. I'm trying to sleep, stop being so damn entertaining hahaha.

#105 RedRedemption, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  6. SSP365

SSP365 Member

so who made peds that help improve people's lives?

if its not mankind who?

God?

How do you think we cured diseases and treat illnesses if not drugs?

by eating broccoli and lifting weights?

How do you think humans have increased their life expectancy?

now that's lol.

yea a character of a complete and utter j*zz mop.

quite another reach and sad example of your vapid attempt at humor.

[​IMG]

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

SSP getting beat like Roberto Duran. No mas no mas!!

8. RedRedemption

Something strikes me that you are just a college educated dude with a ridiculous authority problem. That's what you come off as anyway. Also, who the hell brought up god? I hate religion as much as the next guy but only you would be ignorant enough to start a thread JUST to bash religion.

Man is not perfect, doesn't mean there is a God. Just means man is not perfect, ingenuity of man? We are a violent, warmongering, greedy, selfish species. We butcher and kill almost every species on this Earth as well as each other. As a species we are pretty damn stupid.

Also the humor was intended for myself, not for anyone else.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am kinda confused by your regulation guidelines. Isn't there sort of regulations on what permissible substances an athlete may intake already? If they are regulations on quality, effectiveness, and safety of peds , wouldn't we face the same problem as we face right now - someone will cheat the those regulations, and hence the field wouldn't be leveled while inviting more competitions in taking peds.

I just don't see how peds should be a part of any sports, but my objection has nothing to with whether take peds being moral or dangerous. There are laws of court for those. From sports stand of view, and there has to be bounds and meets where a game may be played, like using a rocket propeller is not allowed in running (like 100m) as we understand. But to your point, there absolutely could be sports and leagues where using PEDs are permissible, but I wouldn't be convince to follow and watch them.

10. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Hell yea its their Body:rolleyes:

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Well, he did use lol as an adjective and imply that PEDs cured diseases.

12. RedRedemption

I just went through some of this guy's post history. He is either a kid, slightly over or under my age. Or... he's a pathetic excuse for an adult.

It didn't take long to decipher that. Telling BigTexxx to "do us all a favor and die you worthless maggot." That's something I would have said. 3-4 years ago.

13. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Your insults sound Australian. Are you Australian?

I'm not sure what a cockmunk is, but if it's a combination of a chipmunk and a ****, I want no part of it.

You didn't get an elaborate rebuttal, because you don't deserve one.

Your arguments are simplistic and stupid, like you've listened to too much ESPN radio.

G'day, mate.

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

i actually thought this SSP character was Redredemptions new account, was familiar from his youtube channel, was odd seeing them go at it LOL.

Also, shutup SSP365. You're not going to have good discourse regarding this when you post with the notion that your views are the be all and end all. idiot

15. RedRedemption

I had to do a double take when I first saw this guys name lol.

16. hlcc

hlcc Member

Why do I have the feeling that you are a regular steroid user trying to justify your decisions?

17. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

There is something wrong with using PEDs now.

But, I do agree that weaker, safer versions will eventually become as common as vitamins.

18. SSP365

SSP365 Member

and just like a boxing judge your scorecards suck.

another typical empty jug head comment.

that's because you dont have an argument hence you resorted to name calling. If you actually had an argument, a concise, well thought out one, you would have put me on blast with the quickness to prove me wrong.

instead you saw a topic where your fake moral sensibilities where offended but since you dont have an actual rebuttal you resorted to feeble name calling.

nowhere in my posts did i say my views are the end all be all. in fact its quite the opposite. its people like you who are living in some imaginary moral high ground who think ped user are evil cheaters who have taken the my way or the highway approach. Anybody with any modicum of honesty and intelligence can read this thread and see that.

What i want is a discussion as to why some people feel that taking drugs made by the ingenuity of man in order to perform better is seen as some reprehensible act when used in a sports context but somehow okay in other aspects of life despite the fact that these athletes are already allowed to take peds deemed legal by their governing bodies arbitrarily without any medical justification whatsoever.

19. SSP365

SSP365 Member

"either a kid or slightly under my age"

lmmfaaoo tell me more you fake ass dr. melfi. lmfaaoo at "something i would have said 3-4 years ago"

I dont need to look at anybody's post history (something someone does who got really butt hurt on the internet and losing an argument hence looking at someones post history to get ammo and get his internet revenge on) to know what a pretentious, vapid, muggy cvnt you are.

20. SSP365

SSP365 Member

“Finally tonight, what are we supposed to do with Alex Rodriguez? Embrace him? Pity him? Scorn him? I can easily understand any or all of those reactions because I think he’s a liar and a fraud. But what I don’t understand are the expressions of shock and outrage over his alleged drug use because, frankly, this country’s crazy about drugs.

Modern Americans reach for a drug for any and everything – for problems real and imagined. It’s why we consume more pills than any nation on earth and why TV ads are relentlessly selling us Xarelto, Abilify, Stelara, Prodaxa, and dozens of other drugs we never ever guessed we supposedly needed.

Americans are only about five percent of the world’s population yet we take 80% of the world’s painkillers and a whopping 99% of the world’s Vicodin. We have four million kids on Ritalin, 22-million women on antidepressants, over 30-million adults on sleeping pills, 32 million on Statins, 45 million on another drug I can’t even begin to pronounce. The list goes on and on.

So think what you will of Alex Rodriguez but when so many moms and dads are active parts of a national drug epidemic, let’s stop crying that a ballplayer’s the one setting a bad example for kids. And let’s skip the expressions of outrage and shock because however you may choose to view A-Rod’s alleged drugs use, there’s no denying the ugly reality that that’s become the American way.”

-Bryant Gumble
    Real Sports latest episode closing statement.

Well said BG...

well said.