1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LIN: "I Was Suppose To Be The FRANCHISE PLAYER, SAVE HOUSTON BASKETBALL."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SSP365, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSP365

SSP365 Member

nice fake e laugh.

2. AFS

AFS Member

Way to not give the full context, OP.

3. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Bye Bye Lin... :)

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

just give it up man. we get it you don't like Lin, go pop some peptides or something

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Looking through the game logs I can't seem to see to many games where the backups got more minutes than him other than games that were blowouts.

Maybe he meant they were sometimes getting the end of game minutes, but he was definitely getting the majority of the PG minutes.

6. Moleb

Moleb Member

To be honest LOF will probably not post here, and pretend this thread never happened.

But on other posts about Lin being super good, just go back to this thread and use the quotes Lin said to prove the point that Lin isnt as good as what people say.

Maybe that quote didn't have all the facts, but it seems her was more happy with losing and him being a star, rather than winning and him taking the back seat.

Dwayne wade said similar things but he expressed he took the back seat to Lebron in order for the team to win. Lin on the other hand.....

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He wasn't talking to a journalist. He was preaching to a Taiwanese crowd about his faith in God.

I don't think it makes sense to scrutinize this speech in basketball terms or what we should expect from him as a basketball player. Its about him and his religion.

1 person likes this.
  8. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Lin is a great young man with faith in God. He has been put under too much pressure and expectation at his young age and basically playing the first full season after Linsanity. He should just ignore all the haters and media and do his own thing. He is still learning as a near rookie of the game but he has played well in the 2nd half of the season, leading his young team to the playoff unexpectedly. This is already quite an achievement. Go Lin. Be yourself and enjoy the game with a much improved roster this coming season. Howard and Harden will make the season much easier than last one.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Sure would be beneficial to this discussion if the article was read rather than cherry-picked, especially by the OP.

1 person likes this.
  10. midgetballa624

I'm definitely not a Lin supporter but people should really read the entire article before they start bashing him.

11. Arthurprescott2

Yea - I think he's referring to the stretch of time when TD was getting a good chunk of minutes (sometimes exceeding or just about equal to Lin's minutes), especially at the end of close games.

12. Fantasma Negro

Meh out of context. He was quoting media phrases

13. bewy

bewy Member

Read the entire article before bashing him please. The title is very misleading and was cherry picked from the article.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't have an opinion on the article, but this gif is pure gold!

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Can we get this thread edited? Everything else Lin was saying is more important than what is in the OP.

A lot of Lin's fans made things worse for him, than better. Expectations were too high.

16. SSP365

SSP365 Member

you dont know what you're talking about.

i like lin and i want him to succeed. Just because someone makes an observation about his actions doesnt mean i want him to fail and hate his guts.

A successful nba lin = successful houston rockets.

dont be so sensitive like Lin when there is a differing opinion about him.

17. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

I think Lin is just being humble and candid about Linsanity and his Houston experience. He was speaking in a faith gathering about what went wrong at the beginning. It explains why he was so ineffective at some the start. Every one thought it is just due to recovering from injury. But you can tell from the speech that the problem was excessive mental pressure by an unrealistic expectation on a near rookie. But once he sorted out the psychological mess, he performed much better as the season goes. Hopefully these are all behind him and we can expect him to contribute to the Rox as a starter. He should have a good season coming if not in points scored but in assists in defence. I think most of last season's scorers will take a dip in score total with the addition of Dwight. He will demand the balls a lot more than Asik last year.

18. eomor131

eomor131 Member

Obviously he dislikes Lin.

He keeps trolling in another thread.

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.