1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: Dream big, be yourself

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TTNN, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

These threads would not have as many replies if you guys would quit responding to obvious trolls. Yall are the ones dragging it on. If you ignored it and moved on the posts you dont like would quickly fall by the wayside....so if you are one of those idiots who responds to trolls, I dont want to hear you whining about why they arent banned yet.

Do NOT continue the religion talk, if you want to discuss the basketball topics he talked about, fine...but the religious parts are off-limits in the Rockets forum...take that crap to D&D

1 person likes this.
  2. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Jeremy writing his thoughts, feelings and experiences in a journal. Folks, be prepared for "My Life in the NBA" by Jeremy Lin. I wouldn't be surprise if he releases a book when he retires from the game.

3. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Despite being a big Lin fan, the endless proselytising is starting to get a little grating, though I put it down more to him being American and a Christian than anything else. Us Euroes tend to be a lot less into the whole sharing of feelings thing. On the other hand, it's on his youtube channel, it's not like you're forced to watch it. And he doesn't overdo the 'I thank Jesus for my gift,' in his interviews (thank god hehe). I guess it's an example of the positive influence of religion in someone's life.

4. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

who is the first performer in the video?
    she sounds okay..

5. demarco1

demarco1 Member

Nice speech, the human side and the ego side... nice... nice.... wish the best for him... hopefully..

6. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

He is giving back to the community and trying to make a positive impact in this messed up world. whats wrong with that?

7. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

Respectful effort by JLin to give back to the society. Clearly he found strength and perseverance through religion, and he is passing it along. From the tone of his voice, I honest think he is using the fame as a platform to reach to more people. That was a painful self-reflection, a testimony of money alone cannot give you true happiness.

8. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

Sometimes your words are true reflections of yourself.

If you are big, you tend to think other people are big.

If you are small, you tend to think other people are petty and small.

Have a bigger heart bro, you'll find more joy in your life.

9. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

This just shows me that Christians make way too much drama out of their life lol

10. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

You don't think "Linsanity" is quite a drama story?

From coming out of Harvard and undrafted to making it to the NBA, from being cut twice in a season to becoming the starting Point Guard of NY Knicks overnight, shattering so many stereotypes and prejudices (and counting) along the way, I don't know if there ever was an underdog story like this in sport history.

1 person likes this.
  11. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

How about you STFU for awhile?

12. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

In a way, that is what he said...

13. javajam

Don't have to bring Parsons (or anyone else) into this. This person is on some other track and misses the whole point of Lin's nature and humility.

Never mind, school will start soon. :)

14. rokit

rokit Member

that's exactly the opposite of what he said

15. javajam

sorry. I intended it to mean he wants to do things ("get better") for the right reasons.

16. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

17. rokit

rokit Member

i think the message is - be thankful for what you got and just have some fun

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KDTXljIqxRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. SSP365

SSP365 Member

Im sorry but there's nothing great or honorable about spreading fairy tale lies written by desert people in the bronze age that brainwash millions of people around the world.

I would rather Lin spread the word of science and reason or defend edward snowden and bradley manning instead of pushing fictional stories made up about a guy living in the sky who watches our every movement 24/7, who made the world in 7 days.

Spreading the word of religion is spreading pain, suffering, and poverty.

That's basically what religion does throughout the world and that's basically what Jeremy Lin is doing, spreading poverty, pain, suffering, and destroying the progress of human race.

There's nothing good about that.

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

Now your true colors come out...way to go.

20. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

That's your opinion. This is basketball not religion go talk about that somewhere else.