1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why the term "LOH" should never be used (LOFs, listen up)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dakeem1, Aug 18, 2013.

1. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Hi All,

I'm just putting a topic out there that has seeped through other threads, and clutch himself has said this is the case by saying something along the lines you can tell that someone is a LOF if he uses the term LOH.

I really don't understand why the LOH term has come about. LOF is just an extension of previous terms first created during the Yao era where YOF and TOF terms started sprouting up.

I'm creating this thread to send the LOFs the message about this topic as they probably have not considered this. Please LOFs, stop using the term LOH. I makes NO SENSE. And here is why:

Why LOF is a valid term?
    It stands for "Lin Only Fan". The key word here is "ONLY". This, by definition, means that someone on CF is ONLY a Lin fan, and not a fan of Rockets team even though this is a Rockets forum, not a Lin one.

Why LOH is NOT a valid term?
    A "Lin Only Hater" suggests that someone has joined CF purely for the reason because they hate Lin. They are ONLY a Lin hater and not a hater of the Rockets Team. Sorry to those who use the LOH term, but this just clearly cannot be true. First of all, many people who have negative sentiments towards Lin's game or role in the Rockets have been CF members longer than Lin has even played in the NBA. So obviously, they are not solely a Lin Hater if they have been involved with CF for longer than he has played professionally. Also, this is a Rockets forum. Who would be a rockets hater and join CF, seriously?

To those who use the "LOH" term, can we all agree to stop using it. It is ridiculous.

3 people like this.
  2. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Sorry just to add on the flipside.

While I do believe the LOF term is valid, I do think it gets thrown around a bit too much. there are people on this forum who have defended Lin who are still Rockets fans, and I don't think they fit the description.

3. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

I always took it to mean they like the rockets except for Lin. As in they only hate Lin, but are ok with the rest of the team.

Personally, I think all the ?O? terms are vastly overused at best and just plain stupid at worst.

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why is this in "NBA Dish"?

I just figure that, for the most part, if you have to use some sort of weird acronym that no one outside of clutchfans forum would understand to make your argument, you probably don't have anything interesting to say.

#5 Carl Herrera, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

inb4 LOLLOFLOSFYAOTOFABJAOBrolf

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

All of it is annoying

1 person likes this.
  8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Hah that was my first thought. Maybe OP doesn't have thread starting ability in GARM?

9. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

anyone who uses LOF is an idiot too

10. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

I am a Lin fan who joined for him, but I have always supported the Rockets. No one has called me LOF so far, but if someone calls my LOF, I would feel bad.

1 person likes this.
  11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Yeah I agree with this completely. The whole thing is dumb and both sides who throw around these titles are dumb as well.

We are Rockets fans, we should be rooting for Lin (he is our starting PG and a major key to this team succeeding now). He has flaws but he is still young and improving. Why can't people discuss what he brings without acting like douches? Seriously makes our base look bad..

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

13. clutz

clutz Member

Typical LOH sentiment!

14. conquistador#11

lofs,vyof,lohs,RHOF(horry),DrOF(fan) are all cut from the same material, they're just too self absorbed with their own agendas to realize it.

(going to go watch chucky brown highlights now)

15. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I think I would consider anyone that would stop following the rockets if Lin is traded a LOF. And the only true LOH I can think of is if it's a troll creating an account to not damage their other account's reputation. The terms are misused a lot.

Oh well, we don't need another thread like this.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

What do call those who called McHale a racist last year?

17. IPSAC

IPSAC Member

a r****d....oh I see what you did there.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I really didn't read through this thread. But to me, "_OH" don't exist. No one is going to come spend their time on a basketball message board just to hate a player. It requires them to have some basketball foundation first, before they'd even care enough to do so.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Do you really not notice that there are a bunch of people that post here only because of Jeremy Lin, who would leave the board in a second if he switched teams? You're going to tell me you're the only person who is oblivious to this? Even the Lin fans would acknowledge it, I imagine.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

OI VON WAFER IS THE NEXT KOBE JUST MEAN RICK IDLEMAN DERAILED HIS CAREERRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad::mad::mad::mad: