1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-Mo @ Eurobasket 2013 (First friendly game Aug 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Aug 2, 2013.

1. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Sprained ankle. Not expected to be serious.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good, he should head back to Houston and stop learning bad habits from that scrub coach of Lithuania.

3. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

I hate people like you. You have 1k post and this one posts just proves how stupid you are.
    Why don't you go ahead and delete it before i start out pointing why!?

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Luis Scola does say that playing for the National team makes him a better player. And he is right. Scola got better over the years when he was a Rocket. Every off season he played for his national team and got better every season with the Rockets. So shut up before you talk.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

So, does anybody have any new highlights of D-Mo?

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

1st Sweden game:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gmi5543h2Bg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks! Good news that it isn't serious, a bummer that it happened at all, but I'm glad he's playing for his national team. Good experience for him. Donatas does look much bigger, and I'm eager to see what he can do this year.

8. Egils

Egils Member

This just points out how low your basketball knowledge is. This "scrub coach" is considered to be one of the best coaches in Europe. And D-Mo playing with NT in EC is way better than D or summer league since its high level competition against many different playing style teams. And playing for Lithuanian NT is honor and extra morale boost, everyone try harder and play as it's their last game during championship. Similar to NBA playoffs. And its obvious that if you try harder you improve more.

9. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Dmo's defense actually looked pretty good in the second Sweden game. He didn't fall back on his butt once!!

10. omgTHEpotential

Wow, you're a douche and an idiot (literally).

11. omgTHEpotential

Well, Sweden isn't nearly a high level opponent compared to who he's facing in NBA so it's not that hard for him to keep his position. That being said, I think the added bulk is helping him too - I think he is still adjusting to his version 2.0 body.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Hope it's a minor sprain,and not a high ankle one.

13. Garner

Garner Member

Good to see dmo searching for someone to box out when a shot goes up.

By the end of the season, I bet DMo will have started at least 41 games

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

From that one video, I'm concerned that he still can't hold on to the ball. I also see him throwing his body around wildly still, although he is not falling over as much.

Other than those two things, it seems he's working on the things he needs to be, and I like it.

He and Jones are young guys with great potential, and they both should fit well with Howard.

1 person likes this.
  15. Oracle

Oracle Member

Pretty wild game. Not easy to interpret this in NBA terms. The Lithuanians appear way taller than the Swedes. The best on the video is the stunning beuty with the blue eyes in the middle.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care who he is, playing the zone D that they play exacerbates some of the flaws in DMo's game, in fact, it's likely the reason for it in the first place. Their coach could be the love child of Pop and Coach K and it wouldn't change that fact.

DMo needs to forget the style of play that he learned in his 6 years of Euroball and adjust to the NBA and he won't be a success until he does. If you can't see that then I can't help you.

17. dje243

dje243 Member

DMo is gonna be the best fit on this team next to Dwight.

18. Arthurprescott2

DMo looks like a half-decent rebounder when he's only contesting against guys who are 6'8"...

He's for sure bulked up this offseason - excited to see what he can bring this year.

19. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

the girl is rather ugly...

20. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

dude has a lot of work to do. needs to play defense better for sure, and box out.

but i'm marveled at how much he's bulked up. impressive stuff.

hopefully, he steps up big time this year.