1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ashton Kutcher on living a good life and the value of work

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FNXwKGZHmDc#t=0m55s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. GageD

GageD Member

Unexpected.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Good message. Will Smith had a similar concept at the Kid's Awards a while back as well. Look up his Running and Reading speech.

4. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Will Smith also had a great message during the VMA's sometime in the 90's about how he won a VMA without using expletives, objectifying women or glorifying violence in his rap music. It really make me actually like the guy.

5. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

saw that earlier - good stuff. I enjoy seeing people use their fame to be good role models.

6. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Nah, they do it all the time.

Watch how he promote his new movie.

:p

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Wow, I just gained respect for the dude. Props.

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Great speech by the marketing team promoting Jobs.

9. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Would have more impact if he was ugly. Instead he's the tall, handsome and loveable white guy. Of course looks had a lot to do with his career. And of course the girls never got the message bc all they were doing was fantasizing about his dick inside them.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That's the kind of stuff that kids need to hear.

Is this an apology for the way he acted two to five (ish) years ago? Or are we ignoring that?

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

He just got done portraying scumbag Steve Jobs who everyone is obsessed with for the wrong reasons. He should continue teaching people to marry and have kids for the wrong reasons, and when it all fades, to commit adultery.

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Silky Johnson is that you?

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I don't like how he uses the word "sexy"... maybe in an attempt to change the connotation from "SEX" to "SMART", it's getting through to the kids... ("But Ashton said I'm sexy, mom!", says the little nerdy or geeky kid down the street...)

Agree with Han Solo. :eek: May the force be with you, kid.
    While it will only reach about 20%, and the other 80% were screaming or paying attention to the pretty lights and colors, and tweeting to their friends "OMG OMG OMG OMG, Ashton looks so cute!"
    What, exactly? :confused: I don't follow as much, I guess.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Mostly him being a douche, in general - including masquerading as a perfect husband/father figure while cheating with multiple women.

Hard to take life advice from someone like that. Unless he's trying to apologize for that, in which case, props. I think there's a better way, though.

Though, I'm sure there's a kid or two out there that this will have an effect on, and that's a great thing.

15. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Only Bucknasty would be able to know that Han Solo is Silky Johnson.:)

16. VanityHalfBlack

The fact that Ashton Kutcher is preaching on about life in general at a Teen choice Awards where none of this stuff is suppose to be taken seriously, it got me thinking how troubled kids are today. I hate to tell you kids but your generation is doomed as fuked.

17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go put water in Mr. Brightside's mama's dish.

18. VanityHalfBlack

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5DXBBLuKxQ?hl=en_US&start=100"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5DXBBLuKxQ?hl=en_US&start=100" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Ashton, you've changed bro.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Considering the age of a lot that audience your last comment is a little troubling, irrespective of that it's somewhat sexist. The racial comment is weird, and looks are a visual metaphor for positive personal traits, so having someone like him make those principled comments in front of a large, impressionable audience is actually pretty great. Frankly it probably reveals what makes producers and directors give him opportunities despite genuinely limited talent. And it really puts someone like Sheen into perspective.