1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Superman Reboot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Sep 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Isn't Bloom ummm too short??

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Bale actually had to drop over 60 pounds for the role. He wasn't actually that scrawny. Bloom just doesn't cut it for me as far as being able to play Bruce/Batman. I'd much rather go with a no name actor like they did with Cavill if you can't get Hamm, Brolin, or Bale back.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Brolin would be interesting.

That said I agree with the poster above that Batman needs to be able to do very athletic fight scenes going forward. I wouldn't mind them trying something out of the box.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

It would be pretty difficult to do unless he's wearing a spandex batsuit.

[​IMG]

5. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Cavil. Super ripped for Immortals b4 training for MOS

Bale was already in great shape for many movies b4 machinest. He was very ripped in Reign of Fire and in BB type shape in AP. Muscle memory.

Bloom. He would need to go from a toned 18 year old body to the body of a man who has been taking on super villains for a few decades.

6. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

It's like i said in the wolverine thread. You can't act to make yourself look and sound more manly. Bloom looks and sounds like a kid. He also is not a very good actor. Has done decent work(KOH dc is one of my all time favs), but also awful work. His accents are the worst. Nothing wrong with a brit acting as batman. But, not a brit who still sounds like a brit playing batman.

7. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

My realistic choices in order:

1a. Bale. If you can bring him back, do it. Every man has a number. Pay him whatever he wants.

1b. Fassbender. (Not likely with him doing Magneto, but he would be equal to bale in terms of acting skills.Would look amazing in the cowl imo. Has worked with Snyder b4. Was shredded in 300. Has a pretty big flaccid D in Shame)
    [​IMG]

2. Karl Urban. Dredd. Has been in good shape b4. Has been known to love attention to detail in every role he does.
    [​IMG]

3. Richard Armitage. Commanded the screen in The Hobbit. Probably the best voice for Bats.
    [​IMG]

4. Billy Crudup. Epic as Dr. Manhattan with Snyder. Awesome voice. Great actor.
    [​IMG]

5. Jim Caviezel. Jesus fell off after Passion of the Christ but still has a very Bruce Wayne look.
    [​IMG]

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

All of those actors are too pretty for bruce wayne, but most hollywood actors these days are. a 40 yr old gregory peck would be my ideal batman.

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Jim Caviezel is pretty good in person of interest

10. 713

713 Member

Jon Hamm as Batman!

or Bring back Wes Bentley from the grave ala RDJ.

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I don't get the Hamm love. If anything he's an old superman

12. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

What has he done besides American Beauty to be considered ever alive in the first place?