1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are all Travyon?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 8, 2013.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What exactly do you mean by that?

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Amaru, I think you and the Grand Wizard or Grand Dragon of the KKK (whoever is higher) should have breakfast. You would have so much in common.

3. amaru

amaru Member

Naw.....I don't hate jews or lynch africans.

We wouldn't have much to talk about.

4. amaru

amaru Member

Not sure why you are confused......

I believe that had Europeans never taken an interest in the African continent, her resources and her people....the African continent and her people would be in better shape than they are now. ( How much better is debatable.)

All that is needed is a mutual respect.....you respect my right to exist and I respect yours. When we meet we speak to each other and treat each other as equals.

That's all that is need in my opinion.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

But you just said before that "non-African people aren't important enough to me to spend any significant time on....unless the people are doing something in question to impact my people". That doesn't sound respectful and like treating others as equals.

6. amaru

amaru Member

I don't think it's disrespectful at all, let me explain:

Once again, the welfare and fate of African people are my primary concern (after myself and my immediate family of course). However, I have to realistic. I can't spend every waking moment of my day trying to help every single African person I meet or attempting to "solve the world's problems".

I still have to work, I still have responsibilities to my family and I need time to myself to unwind. I only have a limited amount of time in which I can focus on other people....during this time people of African descent take priority.

For example if I have time to mentor a young child...I would prefer to spend that time mentoring a young black male child than I would a child of another race or gender.

That doesn't mean I hate children of other races or genders, it just means that I feel mentoring young black male children is more important to me.

I don't feel that an African child is inherently superior to a non-african child. However as a young black male whose life runs counter to the media portrayed image of young black men I feel I have a responsibility to other young black men who might not see positive older black male figures everyday.

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

So anyone that is not African is second class to you?

8. amaru

amaru Member

You didn't read my post did you?

:rolleyes:

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

amaru, do you have any non-black friends?

10. amaru

amaru Member

A handful.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

But you said above that "non-African people aren't important enough to me to spend any significant time on....unless the people are doing something in question to impact my people".

Does this handful of people "do something in question to impact your people"? Or are they an exception to your rule of only "Africans" being "important enough to you to spend any significant time on"?

Or are you just lying and you really do not have any non-black friends?

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So if the child were "of mixed race", as you describe it, would that child be important enough for you to spend any significant time on? Would it be less important for you to spend any significant time on than a "purely African" child (according to your "definition")?

13. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Sounds like benign racism to me, amaru. You are making a choice based on race and race alone.

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

what if somebody posted the above?

hypocrisy...

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

He has non-black acquaintances and is probably not enough of a sociopath to avoid building trusting, cordial and productive relationship with those with whom he's interacted for a long-enough time-frame. The absurdity of his stated policy to not socialize with whites is undone by the reality that, if they didn't spend time on (us), he (and I) wouldn't survive or progress in this society beyond menial enrichment, productivity or education.

16. amaru

amaru Member

No they don't. Because of the nature of our job we end up spending quite a bit of time in the same area.

In such a setting it isn't surprising that such friendships form.

I'm not lying....but for the record I don't really care if you think I do.

17. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Can't you guys just agree to disagree and lets get all this TM & GZ crap out of the D&D for good?

18. amaru

amaru Member

I'm not sure what thread you have been reading.

Nowhere did I say my policy was to not associate with Europeans......as a matter of fact I don't even remember using the word "policy" at all.

if they didn't spend time on (us), he (and I) wouldn't survive or progress in this society beyond menial enrichment, productivity or education.

I disagreed with this statement so much that I had to separate it from its original paragraph. I don't know about you Pouch, but all of the black people I know are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves and their families. They do not have to wait on white people to help them nor do they really desire their help. It might come as a surprised to somebody like you who feels that white help is essential to your survival (lol), but a lot of Africans are completely capable of standing on their own 2 feet and helping themselves and their communities.

I'm going to assume that you didn't mean that statement...because it is insulting to my ancestors (and more than likely insulting to yours). If you truly feel that way....then I'd have to take back every negative thing I said about you because a black person who feels this way doesn't need to be insulted.....they are to be pitied.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

typical of somebody to respond like you just did when you've lost the argument. badly.

20. amaru

amaru Member

You mean if a white person posted that.

I wouldn't have an issue with it.......but I already said that.