1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Linconsistency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lightningbolt, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Thanks Brainiacs! Loved it.

2. rocks123

rocks123 Member

but Jlin has a lot of female fans.

3. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Please don't even respond to that guy - clearly the single most outrageous anti-Asian racist poster on the CF and this board already ranks very high on the racism scale among the many boards I visit regularly.

4. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Lol!! Not surprised at all.

5. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

[​IMG]

6. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

You and everyone that really want Lin traded should root for Lin to succeed.
    If he does bad next year, it's not good for the Rockets and Morey can't trade him.

So.... root for him!

7. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Wait! nvm what I said before, I just remembered you! lol

You can't watch the games!! lol gtfo

8. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Thank you!

9. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I have no doubt that Jlin will do the same...the guy is working hard. :)

Thanks OP for your work.

10. seeingred

seeingred Member

Lin looks middle of the pack for a young point guard. the problem is, at that point in their careers, none of those guys on that list were pulling an $8 mil cap hit and most of them never had the hype that once surrounded Lin.

the expectations for Lin, whether justified or not, are higher - hence the complaining. as someone else pointed out - if you throw in the harden trade just before the season starts it helps explain his slow start. if you look at his improvement throughout the season, it gives you hope for the future.

but this won't change anyone's mind. having the greatest pick and roll player in the game on his team should help him take the next step this year.

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Actually if you read that right i lived in indinesua years ago. I live in nyc now so i got to see Lin here. I felt he was over rated in nyc and i feel like he is way over rated now. The scrub needs to go. Trade lin!

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Can't root for something that is not going to happen.

13. MichaelG281713

We need to trade Lin. Houston fans don't deserve to have to put with Lin fans. It's just ridiculous.

Call off your dogs Jeremy.

1 person likes this.
  14. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Like they say, better for a young player to be inconsistent with high highs and low lows than it is for them to be consistently mediocre. The former shows potential, the latter not so much.

15. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

How are we to believe u now?

16. jayland

jayland Member

I think Lin is just one of those streaky players like JR Smith or Nate Robinson. When they're on they look good and can really help their team. But when they're off they contribute almost nothing and can really hurt their team on both ends of the floor.

I think the Rockets would do better in the playoffs if they had a more consistent veteran point guard like Beno Udrih. The Knicks were able to pick him up for only around $1 mil a year.

17. seahawk

seahawk Member

We have AB, wish granted.

18. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

These 2 players u chose will take a whole bunch of shots at the expense of the team. I didn't see Lin doing that.

But I get your point. Lin needs to step up.

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

uhh how is this board racists? because some people think he should be traded, or they know that a large amount of his fanbase consists of asians?

20. coffeelover665

Its not hard, if he ****s up this year then bash him because now we're not just cruising anymore, we're in crucial win now mode. But other then that, you guys should be nicer to the guy. Don't see why this forum can overhype every player on this team but when it comes to Lin its so divided.