1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to watch the Rockets in Malaysia ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Richie7, Aug 7, 2013.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

This.

Also you don't have to watch the games live (though that is an option). You can start them up whenever you have free time and watch as many times as you want.

2. pktan8

pktan8 Member

I had my 1st NBA International league pass last season to watch Rockets game primarily because of Jeremy Lin:):)

3. tond_wapdcks

tond_wapdcks Member

Hi , Vietnamese here and i got to tell you guys still really lucky as althought our cable TV got both fox sports and star sports but none of those channel would ever broadcast a single NBA game , all they would show were some news from NBA in fox sport central and star tonight . Our Vietnamese sports channel rarely show news from NBA and when it was showed it had already out of date .
    All i have was illegal streaming which combine with our not so good internet connection , was quite hard to watch , and the last three years as we not much of a contender , it was even harder to find a stream that actually live our games .
    So my first salary payment , i subscribed for nba international league pass (monthly payment as that all i could afford) and it was worth the money , it was the best NBA game quality that i had ever watch .
    I suggest if your financial was sufficient , you should try NBA international league pass .

4. nitron

nitron Member

Primarily watched via firstrowus.eu. Manage to watch a few games from the league pass link leaked by Reddit members some time ago but were since restricted by the provider.

5. pktan8

pktan8 Member

Malaysian here too +1+1;)

6. nitron

nitron Member

As Well ! Malaysian +1 here :grin:

7. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Lol

I will be in Vietnam in a few months and hoping to see my NBA. ;)

8. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

You can download the games from rojadirecta, just go to the search function and type rockets and order the results by date it will be there next day usually.

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

my first game ever, Olajuwan schooling Shaq and Penny. Hook ever since. And still wondering why is it shown at 12am...

Am I the first Malaysian poster here?

10. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Well at least you're not in denial. Glad you got to enjoy seeing your favorite player ;)

11. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Hell no. Not free. I cannot remember the exact figures (secretary handles all this for me), but with playoffs, its nearly USD200.

Astro plays a lot of Miami Heat (LeBron) or Lakers (Kobe) games. Got tiring after a while, plus I wasn't a fan of these two or their teams anyway. Also, my main reason for subscribing to League Pass is to simply be able to watch games after work. Additional benefit is getting to pick and watch which games..... if the team gets blown out by 30, I get to avoid all the disharmony and rabid knee-jerking by not watching that game :grin:

12. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Well, I have an earlier join date then you :p I probably started my Rockets fandom later then you though..... I only started following the Rockets when Barkley joined them, plus it took me a while to realise that they were the only team in the West wearing the colour Red then (I have a penchant for red colour wearing teams or sportsmen - United, Tiger Woods, Rockets....), so I happily climbed on board then :grin:

Its interesting and good to see more fellow Malaysian Rocket supporters here. Most of the basketball loving friends around my age (early 30s) are Lakers supporters (some gravitating to the Heat now too... bloody bandwagoners), the older ones are Bulls or Sonics supporters, one of my closest friend is a hardcore Detroit Pistons supporter (from their 5 non superstar starters title run), and my old man says Wilt Chamberlain is the GOAT. Folks thinking that Yao and Lin would help the Rockets corner the Asian market do not really know the situation on the ground here. But with this thread, at least I know there are fellow countrymen watching the same team I watch too :)

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would think that you would watch games in Malaysia the same way you would watch games in Houston, on an internet stream.

14. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Cool. I wonder if we could have a malaysian rocket fans gathering. Maybe watch them in a sports bar some weekend morning when theyre on astro live.

15. Richie7

Richie7 Member

Wow. So many Malaysians. Maybe we should tweet astro online on twitter...?

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Living in Indonesia for two years and trying to watch Rockets games was a pain. I ended up just watching highlights and read / listened to play by plays on this site. I assume these days it will be.alot easier with nba league pass and improved intermet in those regions.

17. seahawk

seahawk Member

NBA league pass in Hong Kong is perfect.

18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I remember the nights of big games that I stayed up to follow the pbp on the clutchfans chat. Those were the days.

It is amazing how much easier it is to see NBA games today than 10 years ago.

19. Richie7

Richie7 Member

Well, if Astro broadcasts I'll only be able to watch 5 games.

1.Away against Dallas
    2.Away against GSW
    3.Home against Chicago
    4.Away against Indiana
    5.Away against San Antonio on Christmas Day.

My school holidays starts on November 16- January 3-4.
    So maybe I can watch them online...

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If you are going to pay make sure you can get a refund on a pro-rated basis.

No guarantees in the NBA.

If you know what I mean.....