1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to watch the Rockets in Malaysia ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Richie7, Aug 7, 2013.

1. sefril

sefril Member

hi.. from Indonesia here..

last season the cable tv in here airing some NBA games, but it doesn't always the Rockets games.. and since the games played when i go to work, i can't watch it live.. :(

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Unnecessary. Why don't think you try answering his question if you are going to post

3. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Malaysian here, and I would still watch the Rockets if you were kidnapped by the Martians.

To the OP, if you come into the matchday threads here, the good folks here normally have links where the games are streamed for free. If you have Unifi, then you should be able to enjoy the games without too much lag. If you still have Streamyx.... then no comment :grin:

I personally subscribe to NBA League Pass since in Malaysia, NBA games are mainly held during office hours (Rockets usually play between 8.30 am to 12.30 pm Malaysian time) and I find it hard to watch games live. That way, I can just simply access the games when I am done with work. Or in the mood to watch basketball over football :p

Or who knows.... as per some folks here... I only choose to watch the 20 or so games that Jeremy Lin does well in ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. espymu

espymu Member

Hi. Just wondering, how much do we have to pay for the NBA league pass? or is it free ?:) I am frustrated with our cable TV Astro. They didn't show a single rocket game last year eventhough they were playing teams like Lakers, Okc , Spurs ,etc. :mad:

5. Sweetie Belle

Sweetie Belle Member

Hi there!

Malaysian here too.. Started to watch NBA last season..I usually stream online--firstrowsports..

6. Richie7

Richie7 Member

Yes, I would. I'm sure the Rockets will not trade Lin.

Lin just averaged 13.4 points, three rebounds and just over six assists per contest in his first year in Houston—and had better than a 2-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio.
    When Harden missed a December game against San Antonio, Lin dropped 38 on the Spurs in a thrilling overtime loss.
    Lin is an excellent driver, as is James Harden. Now with Howard in the middle, the lane should be clearer for drives and drive-and-kicks. The pick-and-roll game should instantly become one of the best in the league

1 person likes this.
  7. Richie7

Richie7 Member

Why the Rockets ?
    5 words. The Great Wall Of China.

8. Richie7

Richie7 Member

Hmm, maybe we should tell them..? :confused:

9. Richie7

Richie7 Member

Aaaaand, I just wanted to say thanks to the people who gave me the links.
    Thanks guys ! =)

10. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

the Hong Kong-Macau-Taiwan-Philippines ESPN/Fox Sports feed would always show Rockets games on Saturday (Manila time), prior Lin, the channel wouldnjust show random local NBA broadcasts...So I hope Lin would not get traded or else I'm stuck with random teams this season

11. espymu

espymu Member

When yao and T-Mac was around, my Cable TV shows Rockets game every week. That's where I became a fan of Rox. Been supporting them ever since I watched the T-Mac 13 points crazy moment a few years ago.

12. entaro

entaro Member

Hey Richie, good to know there are a few fellow malaysians in this forum. With unifi, your best bet to watch the Rockets is through firstrowsports.eu. There were not many links available but I'm sure it will change with DH12 with us. I'm also pretty sure there will be more games on espn and astro because of DH12.

Can't wait for the season to start... GO ROCKETS!

1 person likes this.
  13. Richie7

Richie7 Member

Yeah !
    And, I already tweeted "astro online"
    Their reply:
    Hi Richie .I already conveyed your feedback to person in charge for attention. Thanks. ^Ric

14. espymu

espymu Member

Nice. Not everyone has Unifi.

By the way, how many Malaysians are in this forum anyways? I thought I was the only one.lol.

15. Richie7

Richie7 Member

I wish I knew :grin:

16. tuckie

tuckie Member

Malaysian +1 :grin:

17. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Wondering if I'm the oldest/longest rockets fan here.
    Been a fan since I watched olajuwon punish the knicks in 94. Back when all they showed on tv was the 2nd half of the game of the week. Yup, just 2 quarters of what they deemed was the best game of the entire week. And they put it on like on midnight on a school day.

Astro sucks. With the players we have this season, absolutely no excuse not to put money down for league pass and unifi.

18. Drum

Drum New Member

19. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Lol

Been watching them every since we had to go to the University of Houston and watch them at Hoffheinz. Now I am sure there are some that watched them even earlier when they were in San Diego.

20. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Why would you do that? Your mom doesn't like your? You don't have a girlfriend? You have a bad job?

I'll assume you were trying to be funny. If so, epic fail.