1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Place your bets now... who starts at PF game 1 of reg. season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Aug 3, 2013.

?

Who starts at PF?

1. Howard

5.4%
  2. Asik

6.3%
  3. Smith

12.6%
  4. Camby

0.9%
  5. Jones

35.6%
  6. Motiejunas

32.5%
  7. Other

6.7%
  1. bmd

bmd Member

Game 1 of the regular season... who starts at the 4?

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Whoever stomps the competition

1 person likes this.
  3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I was going to say Terrence Jones, but with his legal troubles now, I'm going to pick Motiejunas.

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Motiejunas

5. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Hard to say at this point.

Depends on who plays well in the preseason, and who looks to be the most motivated. I say either Camby or Montiejunas (and Jones if he plays exceptionally well in the preseason: he has more to prove at this point after the arrest and all)

6. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

I picked Howard because he played PF in high school and his first year with Magic, so I see him able to be a 4 and 5, and especially with Asik still on this team.

7. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Greg Smith became the de facto starter after Motiejunas crashed and burned. He'll keep his spot until one of the others proves they're better for spacing. I think long term it's still Jones, but I thought that about D-Mo last year and I was disappointed.

8. QazQay

QazQay Member

Parsons should be an option. He's my choice

9. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

Al Harrington or Chandler Parsons

10. PatBeverleyFan

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I believe a much more interesting question is who starts at PF for the Rockets after the trade deadline.

12. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

why is there no option for lin?

14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

I was going with Howard and Asik at the 5 but the paint is going to be closed. I think its dmo so we can spread the floor with howard doing work downlow.

15. RocketsWin

RocketsWin Member

If D Mo could actually shoot then maybe. Last year he missed a lot of wide open shots.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

OK. I will actually post a serious response the a ditzy dumb blond author.

Three possibilities, assuming Morey is done with this seasons roster, which is highly likely.

D-Mo will show his development at FIBA in September, the one competition that may showcase better teams at the top than the NBA playoffs. He will be a known quantity by the start of the the Rockets training camp. He has spent the last 5 weeks at a top level training camp. For young players during the summer FIBA is the place to be. The training and coaching is NBA caliber. The competition after the first round may actually approach the NBA playoffs. I personally give D-Mo a 55% chance to start at PF next season, adjusted up or down based on his FIBA performance by 35%.

Smith actually was very productive last season as a PF for the Rockets. He is a known quantity that actually produces at a surprising (to me) pace. 30% chance of starting.

Jones chance of starting next season took a hit in Portland. I believe just the distraction of that incident will set Jones back. I give him a 15% chance of starting next season.

I could see the Rockets going small 30% of the time next season with Parsons etc playing PF. The small lineup actually was quite productive last season.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If this was a movie like Rocky I would say D Mo but in real life I'd say Smith... maybe Jones.

18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

D-Mo of course.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly the only legit options are DMo and Jones, Smith isn't really an option at PF because despite the fact that he's the size of a PF, he's a center. Even if we were trying to put him at PF, he'd be only the 3rd best at that position. Personally I think he's probably best off being cut because he's just not good enough to waste a roster spot on.

20. rocketshot10

rocketshot10 Member

Howard.... Unless asik is traded.