1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks to Carmelo Anthony "Pick Your Teammates in 2015"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jul 30, 2013.

1. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Wow, clearly the ny front office is looking either dumb or a genious pitching to melo about the freedom to choose his team mates.

Melo could invite some of his buds over to the big apple, but the question is will they want to play with him? Would they be willing to take a salary cut? Would melo be willing to take a cut himself?

There are just too many factors to consider. The ny fo though is subconsciously telling melo that he runs the knicks, not them.

2. Spark

Spark Rookie

The Heat's windows. Not Lebron's.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Melo wont leave his hometown city unless he is traded by the Knicks...The Lakers pipe dream is exactly what it is...

4. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Melo would have not passed up on the money, that only the Knicks can him anyways.

I doubt he was ever going to lakers..... He may have entertained the idea, but he seems more like a money guy than a wanting to win guy.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd rather trade Melo for picks/assets and concede a rebuild than anchor my franchise to a mediocre Melo-Jennings/Gay core.

6. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

And we, the Rockets, will sneak in and win 2 in a row while everybody is so focused on the aftermath of The Decision Part 2: witness boogaloo

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Carmelo Anthony has such a track record of wining and wining big, any team would be lucky to have him.

LOL

8. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I've heard that Lebron and Melo want to play together! Maybe Lebron will leave the Heat and join the Knicks!

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i hope melo goes to LA. nothing good will come out of it for LA.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It will happen the other way around.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I didn't think Melo wouild leave New York until I read this article. This isn't what the Knicks are hoping for is it? The 'bare capboard' still takes up over half the available cap space, with $10m in player options, plus a giant contract for Melo himself. If they can't fit 2 more max contracts in there, is it actually an enticing prospect?

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It all comes down to whether Melo feels like he can win a ring with the personnel and management the Knicks give him. If he doesn't, then he's not going to have any qualms about bailing. Personally, I think we all know that any team that features Melo as its headliner isn't going to be competing for a championship anytime soon.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    LeBron has been in the league for ten years. I forgot that no other team has one a championship during that time frame.

As dumb of a statement as that was, I do agree with a few things though. This will definitely be known as the LeBron era. Just as the 90's were the Jordan era. Also, Dwill and Melo probably will never win a championship. CP3 might at some point though because a point guard's prime is a little bit longer than other roles.

14. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

I didn't know Baltimore had a NBA team.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Does Lebron realize that he could win a championship almost every year for the next 7-8 years if he were to take on say a 5M salary to play on the most stacked team in the league without him? The margin of say OKC + Lebron vs any other team in the league would be so huge that no bad luck in the world could derail that team's road to the championship.

There will come a time when a superstar making 100M+ annually in salary + endorsements starts to realize that he could enhance his legacy by maxing out winning under his sport's salary cap system while taking the heisting the rest of the world through selling his brand and his image for as much as it will earn. When that happens...watch out record books. We might just see a bunch of ringchasers having their will with the rest of the league. Competitive balance might have to be redefined altogether.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He won a NCAA championship by himself. He won in the olympics and world championships as the biggest contributer. He's gotten to the WCF. Melo has lots of faults but don't undervalue his success. He's been a winner. He's actually had more success than CP3 who everyone seems to think is the 3rd best player in the league.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. joe101

joe101 Member

Dolan might as well commission CAA to put together a team for Melo, with Stephen Anus Smith as their official mouth piece.

19. joe101

joe101 Member

Melo needs someone greater than him to win outside of 'cuse. That's why Knicks won't win one with him. I'm totally with you on CP3.

20. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I feel like Melo's had the better team, in comparison to CP3 at least (during his time in NO). The year the Nuggets went to the WCF, Melo had Nene, Kenyon Martin, and Billups, all of whom were in their prime. Honestly, I dislike Melo but he is a top level talent, I just wouldn't put him over Chris Paul.