1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

James Harden the Trashtalker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Acedude, Jul 29, 2013.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Aren't you the guy who makes non-subtle threads taking jabs at Harden all the time?

2. lilbird20

lilbird20 Member

Harden only said something to Ray because Ray either did or almost stepped on him. Not just cuz he wanted to talk ish

3. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

so teams will let harden create space with a crossover and drain a step back, which is pretty much his bread and butter?? youre right though, it should have been an and 1 because allen invaded the space where harden was supposed to be able to land.. which is why harden went to the ground after the shot, the shot was about as clean as one could get off being so heavily guarded..

4. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Oh, I get it

You can give someone a concussion if you don't like what they say. De-sensitize

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Intimidation ... wow, finally we have it!

After years of having the nicest guys on court (except for Chuck Hayes of course, who even at 6'6" could handle himself against the likes of Garnett and Hibbert), it's nice to finally have someone with fire in his belly.

Chandler also can dish it from time to time. He likes talking to the refs.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

IIRC, he said something like, "It may have been your time before, but now it's my time!"

Colorful off-the-cuff language for someone who can be so cliche and safe during actual interviews.

7. CCM721

CCM721 Member

That is what the Miami announcer said and it was somehow spun as Harden saying it, I strongly doubt Harden was that kind in his trash talk.

8. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

It's better he talks sh** to good players, rather than scrubs.

9. RockSC

RockSC Member

Really? Dude? Still taking a shot at Lin when there's nothing about him in a thread. Classy. smh.

10. rocketblood713

I like it talk all u want as long as u back it up and more often then not he does

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hell yeah I ball , talk a lot trash too. Played all over and I never heard anybody say , " how my D taste on the court". Maybe thats what you youngstas do now. Lol

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

FTFY.

13. smr6

smr6 Member

Harden and Durant are also basically best friends. Durant calls him his brother and says that blood couldn't make them any closer. So obviously it was said as a friend talking trash to another friend to get under his skin with no real mean intent behind the words. People do this all the time in basketball. I know my friends and I will sometimes talk trash jokingly on the court just because its fun.

14. Reach

Reach Member

I'm not taking a shot at Lin, I'm taking a shot @ Lin superfan Hikanoo whose very existence on these forums seems to consist of putting down Lin's teammates in order to prop up his hero.

15. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Aaaaand that, Folks, is how strangely convoluted this forum has become.

16. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I heard the interview too, I thought it was a nice tidbit.

Worth a listen especially if you're into SNL history (like myself). A small amount of NBA talk too as obviously mentioned.

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Ha....

I would say 90% of the guys in the NBA talk trash, don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of this.

Back in the day at Fonde, those guys would talk some serious noise...

T_Man

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

About as subtle as a train wreck. On a boat.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

So thats how you and your friends talk to each other. We talk trash too but not like that.

20. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I would kill to hear Harden trash talk on live TV. My favorite trash talker of all times were Bird and Artest. Bird was straight up crazy and backed it up. Artest once he got started, straight up intimidated fools. I would love to see Asik talk chit. That would be awesome!