1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Home loans] My brother has run into a problem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TexasStake, May 25, 2013.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree with the don't-do-it advice. But, if it was my brother asking me, I know I would do it, consequences be damned.

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Agreed! I know it can be difficult to say no to family, but I've seen this too many times. The odds are that it won't turn out well.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If you don't want to make his problem your problem, then let him figure it out on his own. No one in this world should have to pay for the stupidity and irresponsibility of others. As others have said, you have a wife and a son to worry about so stay away. If your brothers reacts like an ass and doesn't understand, then that is too bad.

When you married your wife you made a commitment to her and any future children you were going to have. Your son and wife are your #1 priority, everyone else falls behind them.

4. updawg

updawg Member

Don't take on your bros problem

Im curous, has he tried doing anything since you made this thread other than try and get you to finance it.

5. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

Dude, your brother is a middleman using clubs to clean the profits and launder money back to their guys. Don't trust him and don't sign a loan for him, or else you'll end up in jail when the DEA busts him. The last thing you need is to be signing for money that gets used for crimes.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Considering the OP, I found nothing strange or out of the ordinary with this situation. I do wonder what family get togethers are like though......

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

LOL.... OP is well known around the hood.

8. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

Well he's been trying to improve his credit the past year or two without any luck. (the details of this I don't know because he didn't elaborate.)

I do know my niece who is staying in a smaller house on the same property he has recently told her that he don't want to but he may end up charging her rent soon in fear he won't be able to find anyone willing to get the mortgage for him. It's crazy though because before my niece moved in he was renting out to this husband/wife/19 yr old son and within a week they accidentally set fire to the kitchen that cost thousands to repair. This was their last night being allowed to stay at this house.

9. updawg

updawg Member

Meth or moonshine accident

Stay away from your bros problems. There's a reason everyone is in agreement on this one

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Exactly... from the OP who brought us left-handed pants.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

OP is ToyCen right?

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Your brother sounds shady as hell. Trying to improve his credit "without any luck"? That's not really a process you have to get lucky on. You either acquire credit and pay your bills on time, or you don't.

Yes.

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

15k a month ? Lol wtf...

14. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Find a bank that does manual underwriting. They'll give him a mortgage. He'll have to show his books (or at least part of them) but he would qualify easily.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Doesn't this tell you something? I can't see a basis for you getting involved when he isn't being forthcoming about the entirety of his situation. You would be setting both yourself and your family up for getting into the same bizarre financial morass that your brother finds himself in.

16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Sounds like you might be becoming an accomplice to some illegal activity soon! Congrats!

17. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

Any well known banks you know of that offer this?

18. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

This. Would Rep but mobile browsing doesn't allow it.

19. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Doesn't quite work like that. Credit is built over a long period of time. There's nothing really to elaborate on.

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i've heard some good reviews about some loan sharks too