1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Media's Bias and Race Baiting - Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FV Santiago, Jul 23, 2013.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Did George Zimmerman Get Away With Murder?
    The media are reporting that a juror says Zimmerman is guilty of murder. That’s not true.

By William Saletan
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...rder_no_juror_b29_is_being_framed.single.html

[​IMG]
    Robin Roberts interviews Juror B29, the only minority juror from the George Zimmerman trial, on an episode of "Good Morning America" that aired July 26, 2013.

#81 bobmarley, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

You are either being intentionally antagonistic or you just don't have a firm grasp of basic civics.

Beyond a reasonable doubt is an exceptionally high burden of proof. All elements of the offense must be proven by that standard for a conviction to lie.

It is entirely possible that the jurors believed that no agency would script a response in such a haphazard manner as you suggest and that he received an instruction from the only contact with that agency that was available at the time.

They may have believed that the state of mind requirement was not proven behind a reasonable doubt.

They may have believed that Zimmerman acted wrongly, but criminal culpability was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

All the verdict means is at all elements of the offense were not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Keep twisting it to mean that Zimmerman is some hero and he should get a key to the city. It obviously makes you feel better.

As I have said before, a civil trial for wrongful death would be a better metric of whether Zimmerman acted rightly or wrongly.

3. bobmarley

Keep fighting the good fight Trayvon.

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I pointed out once before that when GZ confirmed that the dispatcher had his number that he wanted the police to call him so that he could tell them where he is.... a clear implication that he is moving... probably in search of Martin.

The Dispatcher says "OKAY.... no problem." Not a word further about "we don't need you to do that."

So GZ goes on his 200 FT fruitless "pursuit" and hell breaks loose returning to his truck.

CHECK THE TRANSCRIPT

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a strange way to read that. I read that he'll tell police where he is to mean that he'd let them know where he was at the time he was told he wasn't needed to follow Martin, or if he'd moved his car somewhere.

I think the dispatcher had already settled the deal with not needing GZ to follow Martin, and believed GZ had acquiesced.

6. bobmarley

Keep fighting the good fight Trayvon.

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

sure thing, bob

8. bobmarley

So have you heard any news about a civil case yet or the DOJ civil rights suit?

9. Refman

Until you can actually respond to what was posted in a substantive way instead of just barfing up a copied article or providing a meme with no analysis, shhh...the adults are talking.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I've never thought there would be a DOJ civil rights suit, and I still don't think there will be.

I have no idea about a civil case. What have you heard?

11. bobmarley

The article is more on point than any of your discussion points.

It directly links a MSM outlet to editing an interview with a juror to continue a warn out narrative that was even used by TM's mom as a talking point as well and a hand full of other liberal media outlets.

GZ is innocent and no guilt was attributed to him. Do you have a problem with self defense laws?

Get back to me on how adulthood is treating you.

What happens in a civil case?

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You don't seem like a civil person. You're deriding a mother of a boy who was minding his own business and killed. Whatever the boy did, his mother is still missing a son that she loved.

That's not how I operate. Grieving family have a special place for me. That may not be how you are, but that's how you come off.

As far as what happens in a civil case, the defendant would testify, and the case would not have to be proved beyond a reasonable doubt but only by a preponderance of the evidence.

13. Refman

Wow...so this is what happens when you have an actual thought of your own? Go ahead and return to posting the thoughts of others. You're better off that way.

It appears that you also play lose and fast with "thou shall not kill" and " casting the first stone."

Again, for the millionth time, saying that Zimmerman was "found innocent" is factually inaccurate. No jury has assessed whether or not Zimmerman acted rightly or wrongly. He was acquitted on criminal charges because the prosecution did not prove all elements of the charged offense beyond a reasonable doubt. That is all it means and nothing more. If that concept escapes you, pick up any fifth grade civics text for a refresher.

I have no problem with self defense laws. I have a huge problem with somebody bastardizing those laws to allow them to arm themselves, go looking for trouble knowing they can shoot their way out of it and then executing that plan. It's reckless at the very least.

Anybody who has had any gun training knows that anytime you knowingly put yourself in a dangerous situation while armed, you put your life at risk and the lives of all people in the vicinity.

I suspect a civil jury would see that. If I were the attorney for the plaintiff in a wrongful death suit, I would request as part of the damages that Zimmerman be permanently enjoined from holding a CHL.

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Here's the pertinent part of the transcript:

911 dispatcher: OK, do you just want to meet with them at the mailboxes then? [3:42]

Zimmerman: Yeah, that’s fine. [3:43]

911 dispatcher: Alright, George, I’ll let them know you’ll meet them at …

Zimmerman: Could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at? [3:49]

911 dispatcher: OK, that’s no problem.

I can't imagine why George would feel the need to move his truck?

15. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Every black man has had this moment

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Refman

I read this to mean that Zimmerman is saying "I'll tell them where I am once I have tailed him to wherever he's going because when I leave it up to you guys, these assholes always get away."

This is what you guys never post from the call. "These assholes always get away." Zimmerman, without any evidence, decided that Martin was a burglar. Zimmerman decided he wasn't going to let Martin get away. Reckless behavior. Tis is why we have well trained professionals to do investigative work...they're called police.

17. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

that was the early 90's, the white female teens of today are total opposites, they basically love getting attention from black guys. Bet you didnt know that white females are the biggest consumers of the hiphop genre in america, look at the ghetto slang these young white girls use on twitter and facebook lol.. not the mention the twerking vids, this is something the white girls of the 80's and 90's were not like

18. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is that even possible (serious question)?

19. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Of course, that's assumes there will be a civil trial. Even assuming that, Zimmerman could argue comparative negligence, no? I'm not a lawyer - I'm just asking.

20. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

From what I have read, Florida is a "shall issue" state, so losing a civil suit may not matter.