1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite soccer player?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RedRedemption, Jul 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He was lying on the beach with some friends, saw my friend when we were on the way back to our boat, came over, congratulated my friend and they had a brief chat. We then went back to our boat, and passed a boat with several players of the Dutch national team on it. We sang some FC Bayern songs to light-heartedly make fun of them. No pics, though :).

2. 713

713 Member

Adebayo Akinfenwa. Beast.

3. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

713 kids got...

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Sometimes I wonder if you're trolling all of us 713.

I know the player you mentioned, a beast in the weight room no doubt but just wondering where you found out about him since he's not exactly famous though.

5. FearTheBeardJH

Johan Cruyff all-time, Iniesta currently.

6. IKant

IKant Member

All time - Klinsmann

Now - Ozil, Messi

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Gerrard, Torres during his liverpool days, Harry Kewell when he wasn't injured, and Keisuke Honda. Man is a beast.

8. bmthint

bmthint Member

Ahh Kewell.. so much hype when he first came to 'pool

9. ReverseBjorn

ReverseBjorn Member

JAAAAAAAAAP STAM

10. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

You are right that is an unforgivable mistake. The amazing thing is that 10 seconds before the goal he says that he has got a feeling we are going to win. And then the goal happened.

When Bergkamp scored I jumped up with my hands in the air. The ceiling still has some skin and blood on them. I didn't notice i was bleeding until a friend of me told me.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

6'7 without shoes? ;)

12. arno_ed

:grin: I know i should've known better. but come on that was such an amazing goal.

It is like the first time you cannot walk under a door without hitting your head. It happens once and after that you duck when walking under a door.

Offtopic, but I'll ask it here since i excpect you and Yung-T to read this.
    My wife and I are looking for a city close to the netherlands to visit for a week in November (since our daughter is now 7 months our usual holliday of walking in the jungle is not possible we are going on a short holliday close to home so we can drive there).
    We were looking for tows in Belgium and West Germany, Which town in west germany are nice to visit?
    Were in Germany do you life? or are you staying outside of germany?

#72 arno_ed, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He turned down other big name clubs including Madrid. Just could never stay healthy.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

As you know, November is not really a great time to visit Germany, but since the weather will be pretty much the same as in Holland, you kind of know what to expect...

Bruges in Belgium is quite nice.

In Germany, I guess Cologne could be worth visiting, with the Dome and all, and people are friendly.

[​IMG]

Those would both be a short drive from Holland.

Hamburg is also partly pretty.

I currently go back and forth between Munich and Berlin, which would be my two most recommended cities to visit in Germany, but both are a very long drive from Holland.

I grew up near the Belgian/Dutch/Luxembourgian/French border, basically in a pocket that was at most about a half hour drive away from all these countries. We always had our roads blocked by Dutch people in caravans with their yellow license plates, they love to drive slooooooowly :grin:. Where I lived was the like the closest "mountain" area (up to about 700 m) for them, haha.

Anyway, my honest advice for November would be to avoid Germany altogether and try to find some cheap flights to somewhere in the southern mediterranean like Malta or Cyprus or so. If you are lucky, it might still be warm there.

If it has to be Germany, I would recommend looking for some hotel with at least a spa or so. But as you know, the weather might be depressing...

September or even October would be much better.

#74 AroundTheWorld, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

^^^

(continuing the derail)

What should I expect, weather wise, in Cologne in late Oct? Hoping to be there for a week for a conference.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Could be anything from decent, sunny autumn weather, 15-20 degrees Celsius to...snow and ice. Most likely, it will be rainy and grey, unfortunately, about 10 degrees or so.

1 person likes this.
  17. arno_ed

Thanks for the tips. I know the weather isn't great at that time of year. Like i said Usually we would go to a country far away (Indonesia, Peru, South Africa, Madagascar), but since we have a 7 month old daughter we were planning on not flying. Our vacations will be very different, normally we would be walking in the jungle from 5 am until dawn, I'm not sure how happy my daughter would be with that:grin:

We were thinking of Bruges, which might be nice for us. Cologne might also be nice. If we do go to Germany or Belgium we will indeed pick a place with a spa or something.

We are now considering to indeed fly to the south. If it is just a short flight it might not be that bad for our daughter. So maybe it will be Rome or Athens. Those are cities which I still want to visit.

You are complaining about Dutch people on Holliday? LOL, do you know how many Germans we get at our beaches. I used to go with my parent to the Dutch beaches for our vacation, but there were always more Germans than Dutch. But you are right the Dutch drive slowly:grin:

If you ever visit the Netherlands let me know, I think it would be nice to have a drink with a fellow Rocket fan. My town is pretty close to the German border.