1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

There's idiocy and embarrassment in all forms of entertainment though.

Shaq tries to rap because he thinks he can, has the money to do so, and he has a built in audience so I am sure record labels aren't afraid to let him try. Other groups allow Shaq to join them (ex. Michael Jackson) because of his built in audience and fame. No different than why he continues to get the occasional acting gig. Among rap aficionados he's regarded on par with somebody like Aaron Carter in pop, not very good. Yet, you see this same thing happen across all genres of music.

Who suffers from Shaq attempting to rap? I'll bet if he released an album of him singing any type of songs it would sell simply based on who he is, which again is no different than many other artists in other genres.

Rap lowered the bar? Lol! Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Joey Lawrence, Brooke Hogan, Kim Kardashian, Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis and so on. have all tried their hands at one genre of a music or another. Doesn't seem much talent is needed to get into the music business in any form or fashion.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think people are calling it an embarrassment because it's gone way past it's topic.

I take no blame there, those guys wanted to talk about rap. Before I even started to do so I warned them that it would be stupid and pointless...I did warn them...

So now that this thread has changed topics. Kobe did have a song with Tyra Banks, it's funny how many of these celebs try to break into music or something else instead of sticking to their own lane.

3. Granville

Granville Member

I understand Rap fine. It tells me that Shaq stunk more than the other turds.

You have lowered your standards enough to support and listen to that garbage, knock yourself out. Fools blurting out synchronized garbage with their hype men grunting out yea yea in the background while grabbing their package swaying to some precorded beat is what you think is art, then you're the one who has no idea how silly he looks.

The major part of the artistry of live musical performances is the synchronizaton of the band and the vocalist. Rap doesn't involves much singing or instrumental performances. There aren't moments when you sit back and say, Wow I wish I had the talent to do that at a Rap concert. Because with a little practice most people could.

There are no Jimmy Hendrix, Carlos Santana, Jimmy Page or Eddie Van Halen guitar solos at Rap concert. There are no incomparable voices like Barbara Streisand, Whitney Houston or Stevie Wonder at a Rap Concert. It's all a bunch of hokey hype that sideways flat bill with the labels still on cap wearing saggy panted fools have been conned in to thinking makes them cool.

#9683 Granville, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Mistaken identity brings threats to Pastor Zimmermann

George A. Zimmermann, a retired pastor in Florida, has received death threats meant for the man acquitted in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/24/man-mistaken-for-zimmerman/2582641/

Death threats were the last type of phone calls George A. Zimmermann, 78, thought he’d get after serving for 55 years as his Pennsylvania community’s preacher.

And he never thought he’d be mistaken for the man headlining news these days: George Zimmerman, the Sanford, Fla., neighborhood watch volunteer acquitted in the February 2012 fatal shooting of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin.

Zimmermann, 78, retired to Deland, Fla., 16 years ago from his post at Georgetown United Methodist Church in Paradise, Pa. He says his time in Florida had been relatively peaceful and uneventful – until the phone calls began trickling in.

According to Zimmermann, he started receiving the calls immediately after Zimmerman (with one n), 29, shot the teenager.

“In the beginning, I received four or five calls,” Zimmermann says. “I’d say, ‘Hey, you got the wrong person. I don’t live in Sanford.’ And then it stopped.”

Until the first night of the trial.

On June 25, Zimmermann was awakened by two calls in the middle of the night from protesters, although he says they were tame in comparison to the one he received on July 14, a day after the verdict was reached.

“Hey (expletive), you’re the one who killed Trayvon Martin, when your (expletive) get out, you’re dead,” the caller said in a message left on the answering machine. “Wherever you go, you’re dead. Wherever you’re trying to hide, you’re dead. Watch your (expletive) move. You think you’re free. You’re not. You better get ready to dig a 6-foot hole, cause you know you’re fixing to go,” the caller added, according to a report by Daytona news station WFVT.

------------

These types of things really make the TM supporters look foolish. GZ looks more like a civil rights hero than TM in this whole mess.

#9684 bobmarley, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

^

Pure savages making those death threats

and by the way -- how dumb do you have to be to just look up any "George Zimmerman" in the phone book and call in a death threat?

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol you are really showing your ignorance now. You really should just leave it alone.

Do you know what freestyling is? There is such a small percentage of the population that could pull that off even decently, off the top of their head to create a poem IN SYNC with the music.

If you knew anything about rap you'd know what 'Flow' is and understand that and wouldn't have said what you just said. Really one lazy trip to Wikipedia would tell you otherwise.

Poetry layered into music (that sometimes the rapper creates...) is somehow not art...okay then.

Also...saggy pants was in the 90s....LOL

7. amaru

amaru Member

So Zimmerman is your hero?..........you are a disgrace to the handle you are using.

8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Well, based on the fact that you misspelled Jimi Hendrix' name and display a level of vocabulary that most rappers would laugh at, I'd say your contention that most people can rap is naive at best and moronic at worst.

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You're wasting your time with him. He espouses the same ignorant, borderline racist view that many do- including a few who I call my friends. Adults said this about rock and roll in the late 50s. Adults also criticized psychedelic music. Rock critics put down progressive rock. Many called punk garbage. Disco was lambasted by even well-known rockers like Bob Seger. Same s**t, different day. Granville just thinks that his s**t doesn't stink when it's definitely a high-heaven form of stank.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nothing screams civil rights hero more than being investigated by the Justice Dept division of civil rights for killing an unarmed black teen. Yes! We all need that kind of hero!

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Martin Luther King, Jr. was investigated by the Department of Justice. Not a civil rights hero.

(I don't think Zimmerman actually is a hero either)

12. CometsWin

Did they have a civil rights division back then? Ooooooh guess not. How many black kids did the Justice Dept find that MLK shot by the way? Did you just go Zimmerman MLK on me? LOL

13. CometsWin

Don't worry about it. Back in the 50's Granville was all Elvis and his gyrating hips aren't music.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

My point was that Zimmerman being investigated has no impact on whether he is a hero, or a civil rights hero more specifically.

He isn't either of those things, but it is not because Eric Holder is doing an investigation for political reasons that the President himself has said likely won't go anywhere.

15. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Damn low information Obama voters.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I missed the part of the story where it says the caller was an Obama voter.

17. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

You're right. May be an Obama sympathizer felon who can no longer vote. At any rate, Obama and Holder are out stoking the fires of racial hatred.

18. CometsWin

Okay, you know that's nonsense.

I'm not going to much entertain the position that investigations are politically motivated just because you don't like them. The history of this country, the history of Sanford, the history of the Sanford PD, and the outrage for tens of millions over what happened is plenty reason enough for an investigation. You're being ridiculous. This constant politically tilted view of everything and anything is just sick.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everything you're saying is based on nothing. Obama certainly hasn't been stoking any racial hatred, or maybe you missed the recent speech and his statement about the verdict in the Zimmerman trial.

There is nothing in the story that shows the caller was in any way shape or form an Obama supporter.

If You're going to just make up stuff that you apparently wish was true and act like they're real, then you'll have to have a discussion with yourself.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I believe Zimmerman was also an Obama voter.