1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have just discovered reddit....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OldfanofTmac, Jul 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. mikennite

mikennite Member

lol, instead of an actual clutchfans subreddit, it'll be like a /r/clutchfanscirclejerk

2. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

r/rockets highjacked it

http://www.reddit.com/r/clutchfans

3. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I used to browse reddit all of the time, but I haven't been back in months. The atheism circle jerk really got old fast.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

man, I remember when Digg was the **** and than they changed the design and had to move to Reddit.

5. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

How do i subscribe to that subreddit? Some subreddits don't let me subscribe, by default, it has the red 'unsubscribe' bar on the right side of the page, but i don't see where I'm supposed to subscribe. Some help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

6. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

Reddit is pretty cool I also just recently discovered it and whatever you do, do NOT visit r/spacedicks I MEAN IT! Reddit has its dark scary corners as well... :/

7. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

This is ****ing stupid. It's basically the new place for message boards and the user base is massive and diverse. Almost everything posted on other website originate on reddit including dumb stuff from this board. People aren't going to go to new websites with new message boards. It's all collected on reddit.

The only reddit page I check is fifty/fifty. It's awesome.

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Just got to find the right subreddits... a lot of the main ones suck.

I've gotten many laughs and entertainment from:
    /r/thatHappened
    /r/cringe and /r/cringepics
    /r/gameofthrones and /r/asoiaf
    and /r/askreddit is pretty cool too

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

check /r/summerreddit and /r/im14andthisisfunny which makes fun of these very posts

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

True. I hate attention whores. You know it's the pasty teenagers who do it too.

The layout is ****. It has lots of random info, but be honest what have you really learned in all of your time spent on reddit? People act like it's Wikipedia or some ****. CF helps me keep up with the Rockets, and it isn't a huge circle jerk (other than the D&D).

Yes, this. I don't care about smug Europeans, the dick riders up north, or the Australians who want to be the Canada of the east.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

12. BeardlyBeardman

Yes, AskReddit comments are comedy gold. The one pro-tip I'll give you (and it's also a warning of sorts) is to try the random button at the top of the page. You'll find some subreddits that may interest you, and some you'll wish you never knew existed (just back away slowly and never speak of it again ... or email the link to your buddies w/e). Once you find some subs that interest you look in the sticky content on the right hand side. Usually are links in there to related subs you may like. r/whatsinthisthing is one I found like that.

Now that I think of it, I think that thread here in the hangout about the secret room in the Houston hotel might have sealed the deal for me on reddit lol. After that I had to explore.

If you have a tablet, try baconreader. It's a pretty sweet app.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I gave Reddit a fairer chance. Yez
    S

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I gave Reddit a fairer chance

Yes the SUB-Reddits are where it has its appeal. In the specific interests that sticks to the content and dont need a bunch of extra goofiness. The sports sections for instance are very good. And the help and advise areas.

Im past a point where I need to feel part of a "clique". So maybe its part why I dont care for the general areas and dark corners and irreverencies and trying to "get it"

15. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

You could have just unsubscribed. Also it's not a default sub anymore.

16. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I got down voted to high heaven for calling Fakers Fan delusional b/c they think Kobe will play against us on Nov. 7

Luck the Fakers

But Reddit has some awesome parts but then a vast majority of annoying redditors.