1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is John Wall worth the max?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Miracles Boys33, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Reach

Reach Member

Too many talented point guards in this league for Wall to be getting the max. Good player, but his kind are a dime a dozen.

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't understand why it was garbage time? Maybe the Wizards had little to no chance to make the playoffs but they played teams that did. He destroyed teams like Grizzlies and Indiana, dropping 47 and 37 points with absurd efficiency, respectively. Those were important games for those teams and had impact on their playoff seeding.

Maybe he didn't show it over enough of a sample size. I could understand that argument. But there's no denying that he played extremely well against teams that tried very hard to stop him.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Only about four players in that draft are a sure thing. You don't trade a known commodity for an INKNOWN COMMODITY, not smart.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

WHy is ther no videos of John Wall passing?

6. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Not his strong suit

7. pnr

pnr Member

It actually is... he's weak at shooting and can be turnover prone at times.

8. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

He is absolutely a max player.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I max him. He showed a ton of potential to end the season and he's still way too young.

His first few years, the team surrounded him with poor talent. He has some good pieces to work with now.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If Rudy Gay can get the max, John Wall deserves the max.

11. GameChanger

GameChanger Member

this is what i would do if im the wizards GM. let another team offer him max 4 year deal for around $60 M. then wizards match. its better than giving him a max 5 year deal

this is the same thing the thunder should have done. let another team offer harden a max 4 year deal and then match it. then could trade harden in years 3 or 4 when his salaries increase 4.5% each year since they would be over the tax

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Buzz in Vegas at Team USA camp: John Wall &amp; Wiz are nearing agreement on five-year deal in $80 mil range that should be finalized by Aug. 1</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/360216161725595650" data-datetime="2013-07-25T01:53:20+00:00">July 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

$16 mil/yr seems insane for Wall

14. 713

713 Member

He'll be the 4th highest paid PG behind cp3, rose, dwill.

Everybody expects Wall will have that breakout year next year. I think it's a great deal for Washington to lock him up long term. Hopefully this drives him to be a top PG because he has the tools.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Seems like he's on the verge of taking the next step now that he's getting some quality help around him. Might be a bit of an overpay...but if you're the Wizards, you have to do it. I like it.

16. pnr

pnr Member

Doesn't he have a knee issue? And he relies on his athleticism to a large extent. I don't think this is a good deal at all, but it's the Wizards, so you gotta do it.

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Washington GM should've waited another season to see who's more important, wall or beal

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

While I doubt Beal will ever be a max player, Wizards definitely should wait until next summer to decide on Wall.

I bet this doesn't well. The guy just hasn't shown enough for a franchise to hang their future on him. An unnecessary and premature decision by the Wizards.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

They could be afraid that Wall might leave, leaving the Wiz with just Beal and a developing Otto Porter.

It's better for the Wiz to sign him now, than risk Wall going to another team and absolutely realizing his potential as a superstar in this league.

20. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Rudy Gay doesn't deserve the max.

Also, getting the max these days is pretty much just a sign of desperation. You're basically valuing those max players in the tier of Lebron and Durant. Makes no sense but that's just how the NBA market works I guess.