1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TJones or DMo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CARoxNut, Jul 19, 2013.

1. anchel

anchel Member

*consistency
    *probably more effective/better presence... when he arrives in time.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

If Dmo was all that why did McHale bury him at the end of the bench last season after his brief start. I mean since he understood spacing, better passer and a better team player. Plus why didnt he get any major burn in the playoff's?

3. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

for dmo to demonstrate that he is better offensively, he needs the ball in his hands. this poses a problem considering the PF spot with be the 5th option whether it's dmo or jones. jones gets the edge on PnR. jones gets the edge with offensive rebounds/put backs. the shooting is a crap shoot since both will be in a corner 3 position quite a bit.

as for defense. the log jam at PF makes it hard to determine due to experience on the starting 5 and both of them went to the D league. that will cause an issue with rotations and communication. I did feel that jones did a better job at the end of the season. he was a better rebounder and is a better blocker than dmo.

i see the 4 spot being similar to kahwi leonards season before last. maybe a little bit of this season. just a dirty work guy. D, rebounds, and occasional 3. matching up with the opponents 4 well. i think that favors jones.

4. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

D-Mo was on the bench too... And from time played on the court, despite your individual opinions of the two _ TJ looked like the better player on the court. D-Mo was a 7 foot defensive liability and his shot went to hell.

And TJ was a point guard in high school so you may be wrong about his BB IQ...

5. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Y U no make pole?

6. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Jones. Key advantages over DMo: rebounding, shotblocking, FT shooting. In my book, these are the key attributes for a good PF.

I'm hoping both improve dramatically this season.

7. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Have to wait and see what happens going forward, but I'd put my money on Jones being the guy. Either way, this is one of those "good" problems to have, which young PF with a high ceiling will be our starter?

8. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Because this is a great question, that's why.
    We have two youngsters with great potential and its a legitimate question of who to develop that can alter the future of both these kids. My gut feeling is that D-Mo will get the nod from McHale but as you said, they'd probably split the time and we should see by the end of the season who is actually better suited for our team. Man, this is a toss up...

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

I would say T Jones because I'm biased from watching him play in the Dleague. I wish we could see D Mo play with his Lithuanian team. Also, from what I saw, T Jones was distributing the ball pretty well. Is D Mo really a better passer?

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Because this is a great question, that's why.
    We have two youngsters with great potential and its a legitimate question of who to develop that can alter the future of both these kids. My gut feeling is that D-Mo will get the nod from McHale but as you said, they'd probably split the time and we should see by the end of the season who is actually better suited for our team. Man, this is a toss up...

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

D-Mo personally but I'll not be upset if after training camp and throughout the season T-Jones proves he is better. Either way, I think both will pan out.

12. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Defense wins championships. simple as that.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's about as intelligent as pointing out the 4 rebounds a game Asik got his first 2 years as an indication of his rebounding ability. Come on, you're better than that.

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

DMo, higher upside, and will be a better fit in the starting line up next to DH12.... Tjones will be a stud off the bench with asik tho.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Any progress will benefit the Rockets but as a matter of fact right now Terrence Jones is playing the NBA game better than Dmo, adapting better.

TJones has outplayed him despite the fact that DMo played 20+ more games.

16. New

Parsons, seriously.

17. New

I would like Dmo or Tjone to play PF. But I am guessing we will be running with parsons:)

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I get the Jones hype, I really do, he's the more athletic player and people love that but he doesn't have anywhere near the offensive ability that Motiejunas does and that's why I prefer DMo. Jones will be a nice backup though.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No problem with Dmo. The more the merrier. If both turns out equally good that is a luxury to have and then to trade one for a star would be even better.

Motiejunas offensive abilities were just not displayed last season.
    All I am saying.

20. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Depends on who has worked harder by the time the regular season starts, we'll start to get a feel in preseason.